Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2018, 16:48   #16
BANNED

re: The next car purchase dilemma

Hi yash,
Seeing all of your Facebook posts in these last months and you bashing them for all the right reasons, I would suggest looking at the Freestyle TDCi. The performance is great and the size is perfect for the city. The upcoming Figo/aspire is also worth waiting for if you are okay with losing some Ground clearance. Ecosport is obviously a better car but also more expensive and unless you need more space, no need to get that.
And DO not worry about the after sales support, Ford is Cheaper to maintain than Maruti hyundai or even Honda. And they don't push unnecessary stuff at services. Check their website for the exact service pricing.

Last edited by agambhandari : 11th September 2018 at 16:51.
agambhandari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2018, 17:27   #17
Senior - BHPian

I suggest you to wait for the Hyundai Qxi - the Sub 4 Metre SUV . It might be a bit of stretch on budget , but might be worth the wait.
karanraheja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2018, 19:47   #18
Senior - BHPian

The Ecosport Trend automatic will be my first pick.

Freestyle would be next on my list.

As a rank outsider, why not consider the Abarth Punto?
Arjun Reddy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th September 2018, 22:53   #19
Senior - BHPian

You should definitely consider the Freestyle TDCi. It's a paisa vasool car. Safety, handling, performance, space & ride quality are taken care of in the best way possible. Plus the higher GC makes rough road travelling easy.
asit.kulkarni93 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2018, 02:15   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
Hi Yash -
Or, to throw another one into the mix, there's the Ignis, whose Go Kart like quality I found extremely endearing.
I haven't considered the Ignis though am hearing some incredible deals are available on the same being a slow mover by Maruti Suzuki's standard. Then again, I am just skeptic about it's design.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyer View Post
What are the cars that you currently drive?

Ford Freestyle is the best pick from the options you listed. Since you didn't mention anything about maintenance costs, why haven't you considerd GT TSI?

It will be hard to find, but if you can find a used GTI it will come close to your budget.
I currently drive a Honda Civic 1.8 VAT, Toyota Corolla Altis 1.8 GL MT, Hyundai Grand i10 1.1 CRDi Asta and a Mercedes-Benz C200 CGI.

The reason, I did not consider the GT TSi is simply because the Polo has become an extremely old product. Even though it has been updated and gets all the features one may want, I don't want to spend 10 bigs ones on an almost 10 year old car with the same design.

Regarding the GTI, now that's something interesting but finding one would be like a needle in the haystack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thermodynamics View Post
IMO, the recent Nexon Kraz edition looks cool. Nexon Kraz+ Diesel MT - Rs.8,64,058 (link (Tata Nexon Kraz limited edition launched at Rs. 7.15 lakhs))

My brother owns a Nexon, I must say it is impressive.
Does your brother drives a Petrol or a Diesel Nexon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by harish619 View Post
I would suggest you ford figo sports diesel, if your dealer has some stocks left. Its offers a great value for money, cracker of a engine, sportier looks, good milage and cheaper maintenance.
I have considered it but in comparison to Freestyle the latter feels more appealing as an overall package hence I guess would pick the Freestyle Titanium+ over the Figo S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post
I'd suggest you to settle for the Ecosport Trend in your budget. But if you really don't want to settle for a mid-variant, then the Freestyle makes the most sense. Ford service costs are cheap, though A.S.S. can be a mixed bag. Stretch for the diesel Titanium+ of the Freestyle. Its performance may make you forget about the Ecosport which feels more premium inside-out.

You may stretch for the diesel Ecosport Trend+ and get the best of both worlds. Also, you may want to try the i20 diesel. The 1.2 petrol in the i20 feels quite sluggish, however the diesel is excellent. Do give it a try.
The basic problem is Trend+ isn't available in the manual trim and the Titanium is already close to 11 Lakhs. I don't mind paying the extra for the same but got some IT stuff related to it hence my CA has asked me to keep the vehicle under 10 Lakhs mark. Moreover regarding the i20 1.4, it's a lovely vehicle but I am not ready to spend 10.2 Lakhs on road for an i20 which I've already driven extensively.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvind71181 View Post
Any specific reason why the Baleno is not in your list? May fit right in for your needs, have a look at it before ruling it out.
The reason is simple. I don't like the Build Quality of Maruti vehicles, moreover their designs too don't appeal to me. On top of that the evident cost cutting in certain areas. Hence Baleno is right out of my list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
I suggest you to wait for the Hyundai Qxi - the Sub 4 Metre SUV . It might be a bit of stretch on budget , but might be worth the wait.
Can't wait that long! Need a car ASAP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
As a rank outsider, why not consider the Abarth Punto?
I have considered the Abarth Cross Country, it's almost the same vehicle though I feel in India the Cross Country makes a little more sense.

Seems like the maximum votes have went in for Freestyle & Ecosport. As I said earlier, I'm highly inclined towards the former being an absolute all rounder. Though the Cross Country Abarth is an extremely interesting package at mouth watering prices. Additionally, the niche tag the vehicle comes with.

Should I actually consider the GT TSi even though it's quite old now?

Thanks to all of you who took out the time to give your valuable feedbacks.
Old 12th September 2018, 13:08   #21
BHPian

Re: The next car purchase dilemma

Quote:
Originally Posted by YashD View Post
Does your brother drives a Petrol or a Diesel Nexon?
It is a Diesel, I do not have idea about the turbo charged petrol.
Old 12th September 2018, 13:26   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thermodynamics View Post
It is a Diesel, I do not have idea about the turbo charged petrol.
Mine is the Nexon Petrol Automatic; so here's my POV:

The engine, although not the most refined, is quite acceptable. It has a bit of low rpm vibration, but it's very smooth beyond 1800 rpm. It also has a nice note and brilliant response from 3000 rpm.

There are three driving modes - Eco, City and Sport, apart from manual control.

I have found the City mode to be the most useless, although this is also the default mode and the one that most people tend to use. I have completely stopped using this mode. I found the city mode jerky and not responsive enough. So it neither has the smoothness of Eco, nor the response of Sport.

For bumper to bumper driving or cruising the Eco mode is best - butter smooth and keeps the engine chugging at a low rpm - almost soundless.

For a bit aggressive driving the Sport mode works well, holding gears till about 3500 rpm, even with moderate accelerator input.

On Manual control, the car is extremely responsive, and once you get a hang of it's Rev band, it can, for example, throw my Ecosport AT behind in the dust!

Last edited by roy_libran : 12th September 2018 at 13:31.
roy_libran is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th September 2018, 14:52   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Should I actually consider the GT TSi even though it's quite old now?
Why not?

It's a dated model definitely, but compared to what's on offer in this segment:

1) It's amongst the more enjoyable models in the segment
2) One of the best built models in the segment - paint, panel gaps, the way the door closes, Interior quality etc.
3) It arguably offers better tech than other petrol engines in the segment - DSG, turbo petrol motor, etc.
4) Neutral ride & handling compared to softer competitors.

Of course, you will be paying for these advantages over the course of the ownership though - DSG though super quick and fun, is troublesome. Build though brilliant will be expensive to fix in case of an accident. Regular servicing and parts will be expensive too and resale over time (with new model incoming and reliability issues) will be average as well.
lamborghini is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th September 2018, 17:23   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
Mine is the Nexon Petrol Automatic; so here's my POV:

On Manual control, the car is extremely responsive, and once you get a hang of it's Rev band, it can, for example, throw my Ecosport AT behind in the dust!
When you compare against the Ecosport AT, are you comparing against the new Dragon engine or the older one?
Old 12th September 2018, 21:07   #25
BHPian

Just got to know about the launch of Tiago JTP will be taking place in the next 2 months.
Worth waiting for sometime or should I stick to Freestyle?
Didn't see anyone recommending Abarth Urban Cross which was a little shocking.
Will also take a look at the Polo GT TSi, if it has any on-going offers, might pick that up.
Old 12th September 2018, 21:57   #26
BANNED

Quote:
Just got to know about the launch of Tiago JTP will be taking place in the next 2 months.
Worth waiting for sometime or should I stick to Freestyle?
Will also take a look at the Polo GT TSi, if it has any on-going offers, might pick that up.
I think you should wait for the new Aspire. I am sure it will be a great product.
_nitink_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2018, 03:35   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _nitink_ View Post
I think you should wait for the new Aspire. I am sure it will be a great product.
True! I hope the Automatic Aspire undercuts the Amaze. That car deserves some good sales. One of the most under rated vehicles in the market. Anyway, I was planning to book the car in October till then a lot more test drive sessions and research in progress.
YashD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2018, 07:19   #28
BANNED

Mod Note : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further. Request to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 17th September 2018 at 08:24.
_nitink_ is offline   Received Infraction
Old 13th September 2018, 07:21   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Budget - Under 10 Lakhs on-road
Choice of Fuel - Petrol
Cars Preferred - I am inclined towards premium hatchbacks, easy to drive & Park in the urban environment, doesn't occupy much garage space as well as better overall dynamics when compared to Compact sedans. Though having said that, I wouldn't mind going for a well maintained sedan as well.

Now, what I'm basically looking for in the market is a good looking Petrol powered car in it's top trim, with decent fuel efficiency (anything around 10-11 would be good enough for me), offers a comfortable, spacious for 5, feature loaded cabin along with an excellent engine. I want a vehicle with a good low end and mid range. Being an Autohead, good performance is a compulsion along with decent handling and safety features. I am fine with both Automatic and Manual transmission.
The reason no one is recommending the Abarth Urban Cross could be because:
1. It is a Fiat
2. No production runs for last two years. The cars that dealers are offering are likely to be 2016 stock.
3. While the Abarth Urban Cross would check your under budget, fuel choice, engine performance and handling requirements, it will definitely not be considered "spacious for 5" or "feature loaded".

If you are interested in an Abarth, the Abarth Punto is back in production and is available. In the real world, there in no substantial difference in the Uraban Cross and Punto versions in terms of the kind of roads that you can drive on. The Punto's suspension is stiffer thus compensating for its lower ground clearance. So the differences are largely cosmetic.
The Abarth Punto in addition to being the most powerful in the 10 lakh segment has arguably the best steering (if you like feedback), braking and more than decent handling. Comfortable for five? No. Gizmos? No.
cogWheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2018, 00:20   #30
BHPian

Aspire facelift should be a complete package in my view. I am guessing prices will be same as the current version so titanium plus will be 40k more than the freestyle. So for this money you could get leather seats, rear adjustable headrests, rear armrest, bigger boot, 174 ground clearance is decent enough I suppose. Considering my height 6.1 and having traveled in aspire rental cabs, I find it more comfortable with my driving position and rear leg room to be sufficient.
So if I was to choose I would go with Aspire facelift as it ticks comfort, all safety features, if build quality improves by additional 50kgs a bonus, ride quality better than EcoSport, maybe new colours.
Would go with Freestyle if delivery is required sooner.
vDragon3 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks