Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2018, 16:22   #16
BHPian

Re: Commuter car dilemma - CNG or AT?

Ignis would be great fit for your requirements. I recently exchanged my 2006 model esteem to ignis zeta petrol manual. Running costs wont be much too (getting 17.1 FE after 3500 KMs in Delhi traffic) and with the discounts going on both manual and AMT, you can get yourself a nice deal.
Cheers!
Old 21st November 2018, 12:18   #17
BANNED

Today with excellent ATs without much of a consumption penalty (esp CVTs). There are more and more cars coming in with AT in some form as a default, I think the argument is over. Increasing traffic congestion makes at AT highly desirable.
Old 21st November 2018, 12:49   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Today with excellent ATs without much of a consumption penalty (esp CVTs). There are more and more cars coming in with AT in some form as a default, I think the argument is over. Increasing traffic congestion makes at AT highly desirable.
Yes, AT is a must since I'll be keeping this car for a long time. But daily running + petrol costs have me looking into cng as well. Currently, Grand i10 is giving me both so it's on top of my list. The only downside I can think of is no boot space at all.

Edit: How would the amt in most maruti cars compare to AT in Grand i10?

Last edited by zhopudey : 21st November 2018 at 12:52.
Old 21st November 2018, 14:57   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Honestly, with the way traffic is starting to pile up - it makes a lot of sense to get an automatic especially in cities.
I'd advise you to think about increasing your budget a little and looking at a diesel AT like the Amaze, or the Dzire. Even the Swift AMT if nothing else works out.

Reasons being the following:

1) Better torque, thus for the EEH - the car will struggle less if you need to plan a quick overtake.
2) Better FE and less fuel stops - a lot of time would be saved in filling up CNG.
3) Better boot space utilization.
4) Better resale and long-term reliability.
5) AT would see you reaching office and home fresher, and in a considerably better mood. While the EEH highway doesn't see congestion and a manual transmission would be able to tackle it with ease - the toll booth, Kalina itself, and some parts of Thane see heave congestion - especially with the rains creating massive potholes on the highway.

But that being said - keep in mind an AT just isn't going to be as involving to drive as a manual. If you're an enthusiastic driver, you will miss have a manual transmission on some days and though there are work-arounds, it's not the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhopudey View Post
Edit: How would the amt in most maruti cars compare to AT in Grand i10?
The AMT is often a little more crude in the sense it is jerkier when shifting gears.

Last edited by lamborghini : 21st November 2018 at 14:58.
lamborghini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2020, 11:54   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhopudey View Post
Yes, AT is a must since I'll be keeping this car for a long time. But daily running + petrol costs have me looking into cng as well. Currently, Grand i10 is giving me both so it's on top of my list. The only downside I can think of is no boot space at all.
Did you purchase the said car with AT and CNG combo?

Asking coz I'm looking for the same combination to tackle Delhi's traffic.
Archie_27 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th March 2020, 12:43   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archie_27 View Post
Did you purchase the said car with AT and CNG combo?

Asking coz I'm looking for the same combination to tackle Delhi's traffic.
No. Car purchase has been postponed for now.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks