Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2019, 08:21   #31
BHPian

Re: What Petrol AT SUV to replace my 10-year old Honda City?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimbrahw View Post
I am in a similar dilemma. Want to change my wife's 3 year old Wagon R Vxi AGS which has done about 20k kms on the odo. Not too happy with the AGS concept given that I drive the Crysta 2.8 Z AT which is an amazing car. Not interested in sedans & hatchbacks primarily because of their low seating. Maruti is shortly coming out with Brezza petrol AT but I understand it will again be an AMT which is best avoided. Am looking for a CVT or the conventional AT box. Only manufacturers who I am comfortable with are Toyota, Maruti types who have good after sales service coupled with economical spares and a good quality product which is not changed/ phased out too soon. Am also thinking of waiting for the Wagon R EV getting launched next year. Any views ?
I understand that you are not open to all the brands but recommend you to check the Duster petrol CVT, EcoSport AT and Venue DCT. To be honest, Maruti being economical is just a myth in my view. My Aspire's services are really cheap and people using Ford do say that the overall maintenance of Ford cars is not high and is similar to that of the Maruti. Also, recently, even Toyota has compromised alot on their products and I don't think it will be the best option to go for right now.
Old 12th July 2019, 10:01   #32
Senior - BHPian

You can very well go in for a Creta Petrol AT.
One of my friends father has it, and I've found it good whenever I've driven it. That's a few times in Pune and one trip to Aurangabad and back.
I also have an Ecosport At but with the older 4 pot engine and DCT, which is good as long as you limit yourself to 4 people in the car.

Rahul
Old 12th July 2019, 10:13   #33
BHPian

1. Why don't you try the new facelift duster. The ride quality is superb. The pre facelift models too are available for a massive discount.

2. Hyundai venue - Havent driven it so cannot say much.

3. Brezza - cheap to maintain

4. Mg Hector - if the budget can be stretched it's a good car

5. Terrano
Old 22nd July 2019, 11:15   #34
BHPian

A lot of interesting suggestions in this thread. Thanks everyone!

After some long rounds of introspection , I've decided to postpone my car purchase.

It's a head vs heart decision, and the head has prevailed for now! I guess with BS6 clarity, increased competition and more new entrants, the car scene will be even more buyer-friendly 2 years down the line. Plus the new launches now would have stabilized and gotten rid of most of the teething issues/niggles.
Depending on how the BS6 norms play out, the second hand market will also see a huge change (probably in favor of the buyers)

So it's time to continue with my trusty old City for a couple more years. Will get the tyres changed, some paint-work done and I should be good to go!
Shreyas_H is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2019, 14:40   #35
BHPian

Hey guys, I'm in a similar situation. Looking to replace my 2014 Honda Amaze AT which has run about 50k kms. Want a compact SUV under 15 lakhs. Not keen on AMTs or CVTs.
Thanks!
Old 8th January 2020, 23:04   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok View Post
.... 1.5 dragon engine offers good performance and the CVT should be reliable.
It has a torque converter in the recent model, it's definitely smooth.
Old 1st November 2020, 21:48   #37

Hi Shreyas - Just checking on the final outcome of this thread. What have you decided finally? I am in a similar boat, using 2009 Honda City and not in a state to part with it. But I know, I have to do it some time in future.
Suraj Kishore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2020, 12:22   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suraj Kishore View Post
Hi Shreyas - Just checking on the final outcome of this thread. What have you decided finally? I am in a similar boat, using 2009 Honda City and not in a state to part with it. But I know, I have to do it some time in future.
Thanks Suraj for fishing out this old thread, it was interesting to go through how things were so different just about 18 months ago! I had sort of concluded my car search as below -
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyas_H View Post
So it's time to continue with my trusty old City for a couple more years. Will get the tyres changed, some paint-work done and I should be good to go!
In hindsight, this was a good decision because after the Covid situation my driving has practically been next to none. My main use case was daily office commute and some weekend drives - none of that is happening right now! My Honda City is now into it's 11th year of running and honestly the engine still makes me smile. However In the last 6-7 months, I have probably only driven it around 300 kms. This Covid situation has also brought about a different thought to my mind - why not go for a beater used automatic (possibly a relatively new Polo 1.2 DSG that's still in warranty?), use it for a few years and then go for a higher segment SUV 2-3 years down the line.

Alternately, if I were to stick to my initial requirement set, the Tata Harrier is the front runner among all options. (yes I have considered looking at Diesel instead of Petrol after the inputs of multiple BHPians)
Either ways, will take a call by April 2021!
Old 9th November 2020, 13:26   #39
BHPian

Just saw this thread right now, and looking at the prospective readers for this thread, I was just wondering as to whether the Nissan Kicks CVT would be a formidable choice.
Checked up reviews on the 1.3 L turbocharged Petrol Kicks, and it seems to be quite promising.

Last edited by crux : 9th November 2020 at 13:29. Reason: Had typed in 1.5 l when it should be the 1.3 l turbo
Old 17th November 2020, 16:44   #40
BHPian

@Shreyas_H
Since you have time and you are looking for petrol only, I would recommend to wait for Tata harrier Turbo Petrol
Old 18th November 2020, 15:48   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirumalavoleti View Post
@Shreyas_H
Since you have time and you are looking for petrol only, I would recommend to wait for Tata harrier Turbo Petrol
I don't believe the Harrier Petrol is anywhere on the horizon for the next 2-3 years. I plan to get a new car in the next 6-8 months

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks