Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2020, 12:59   #46
BHPian

Re: Does it make any sense to buy the Fiat Linea T-Jet in 2019?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
If you want to buy some affordable performance your only choice available is Skoda Octavia 1.8 TSi find out if some are still available and go for it. .......
If you like FCA so much you can buy and Compass.
Thanks for your suggestion. I wish either of your suggestions fell in the price range I mentioned...
Old 15th September 2020, 13:52   #47
BHPian

To all the gentlemen out there,

Just weeks back I gifted myself a used Linea diesel. Patience played a key role. Got better model with a better deal.

Why I was looking for a used diesel car?

First thing, I was tight on budget (i.e. upto 7 lakhs) and my job locations aren’t fixed. I need a bigger car. Second thing was CNG. Availability is still an issue in Western and Southern India, not enough CNG stations, or else long queues and running over 1500 kms per month doesn’t go well with petrols. Third, I don’t wish to compromise with torquey punch what diesels offer.

Lastly, my diesel tiago was giving issues after 1 Lakh kms. Service expenditures were shooting up like anything and I was never happy with TATA service irrespective of dealer network across Delhi, Pune & Navi Mumbai. They are just good in doing schedule services but quite unreliable in fixing other issues. Plus being most of my time being in Pune, I couldn’t locate a reliable multi brand service center or a good mechanic that can fix all the issues in one shot.

Although I wish to quote above is my personal experience with Tata and vary from person to person.

So, in the month of Dec 2019, I took my tiago to different experts around Delhi and spent around 80k on its restoration that includes complete suspension revival, driver and co-driver’s seat upgrade from stock ones to Tigor’s, comprehensive end to end service from go-mechanic, front windshield change, dents removal, battery change and some part replacements above engine bay. There were lots of carbon deposits over engine bay (below air filter box) which TASS neither reported, nor managed to fix on their own, thankfully go-mechanic folks near my Delhi’s residence fixed within estimated cost. Overall car was restored nicely and I kept for the next 6 months. Had trips from Delhi to Pune & back, Pune to Goa-Gokarna and back, Shirdi, Nasik, Mumbai in the month of Feb and March (just before lockdowns).

What options did I consider?

In parallel I was checking other vehicles in the used car market across Delhi-NCR. Most of the vehicles I checked with price less than 6 lakhs had their meters tampered (not to mention other issues like accidental cases, aftermarket/color change cheap paintworks etc. dealer jargons), be it Ciaz, City or Skoda Octavia. Hence it was a tough job getting a genuine car viz-a-viz finding a reliable buyer for my tiago who can pay the premium for a well-maintained car.

And then God heard me?

Once I got call from an OLX buyer that he wish to inspect my tiago. In the same week, with help of a known person I found a used linea standing still for about 6-8 months in Gurgaon. We brought car to Delhi and I inspected the entire car myself

1. March 2017 model registered on one of FIAT’s subsidiary in Gurgaon leased to a high-level executive of the company. It was mostly chauffeur driven.
2. Under the hood, I checked engine bay for any oil leakages, rusting, carbon deposits, fuel pipes. Nothing suspicious. Stock battery was present with adequate water level, working as expected.
3. There was no engine noise/knocking in the cabin. Our test ride was butter smooth, not generally expected from an abuse friendly engine.
4. Electricals were all working, indicators, lights – interiors / exteriors, cruise control etc., nothing wrong in the ODO.
5. Reading was 35,697 kms. Cross checked with Landmark Jeep Gurgaon, all services done by them and next due was overdue.
6. Tires were almost gone. Looks like first set of tires reaching end of life. Stepany unused.
7. Minor scratches across different sections. However, my assumption from other’s experience is that black color needs extra care, so this wasn’t’ worrisome.
8. Front suspensions were making slight noise.
9. Music system was working but touchscreen was giving issues. Cigarette lighter and charging socket had their fuses off.
10. Driver side sun visor was not fixing properly.
11. Checked records with authorities. No crime history, no pending dues or any illegalities were not found. Got invoice, RC, PUC and Insurance copy. However, we couldn’t get radio code for this car from the owner.

After discussions I negotiated for 4.5 lakhs with the buyer. As per my assessment for a 3 years old diesel sedan (top model) car was neatly maintained with no maintenance ask. Other part was my tiago’s selling experience. Buyers who came to see my tiago inspected thoroughly. They spent around 60 mins with the car and agreed to pay the price asked without negotiations. Both deals were done on the same day i.e. 22nd August. with all legal formalities. Brought home on the same day itself. It was an auspicious day i.e. Ganesh Chaturthi. My mother did Pooja.

Does it make any sense to buy the Fiat Linea T-Jet in 2019?-carorg1.jpg

Does it make any sense to buy the Fiat Linea T-Jet in 2019?-carorg2.jpg

Does it make any sense to buy the Fiat Linea T-Jet in 2019?-carunderthehood1.jpg

Post Purchase Experience.

• On the very next day, took for new shoes. Upsized to Hankook’s 205/60 R16 with alignment, balancing and rotation.

Does it make any sense to buy the Fiat Linea T-Jet in 2019?-tire1.jpg

Does it make any sense to buy the Fiat Linea T-Jet in 2019?-tire2.jpg
  • Next was suspension check. Front suspensions were replaced along with mounts and link rods. Post suspension work, alignment – balancing was done again.
  • Next, opted for go-mechanic comprehensive service including car cleaning/sanitization, clutch and brake overhauls as additional services. My earlier experience was good so opted again.
  • For self-satisfaction, took it for decarbonization at decaabo Pochanpur. However, there was no difference in pickup, performance and mileage.

Does it make any sense to buy the Fiat Linea T-Jet in 2019?-decaabo1.jpg

Does it make any sense to buy the Fiat Linea T-Jet in 2019?-decaabo2.jpeg

Does it make any sense to buy the Fiat Linea T-Jet in 2019?-carodo1.jpg
  • Put some accessories like neck rest, floor mats, perfurme, idols, roller shades and rain visors.
  • Lastly given the car for painting and scratch removals at PitCrew Vikaspuri. Results are awaited. Most likely shall go for PPF coating afterwards covering almost 70% of the car. This could be an expensive affair but for the price I paid for this car, cost justifies.

to be continued....

Last edited by OneToughRider : 15th September 2020 at 14:08. Reason: typo
OneToughRider is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 17th September 2020, 10:34   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneToughRider View Post
To all the gentlemen out there,

Just weeks back I gifted myself a used Linea diesel. Patience played a key role. Got better model with a better deal.
Congratulations on your new ride, Fiat cars are supposed to age very well and these MJD engines can run for lakh of miles if proper care is taken.
akmaintu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2020, 19:55   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akmaintu View Post
Congratulations on your new ride, Fiat cars are supposed to age very well and these MJD engines can run for lakh of miles if proper care is taken.
Thanks a tonne.

Continued from Previous Post. Paint job from pitcrew.

#Paint in Progress

Does it make any sense to buy the Fiat Linea T-Jet in 2019?-5.jpg

Does it make any sense to buy the Fiat Linea T-Jet in 2019?-6.jpg

Does it make any sense to buy the Fiat Linea T-Jet in 2019?-7.jpg

Does it make any sense to buy the Fiat Linea T-Jet in 2019?-8.jpg

Does it make any sense to buy the Fiat Linea T-Jet in 2019?-9.jpg

#Results post rubbing, polishing, teflon and normal car wash

Does it make any sense to buy the Fiat Linea T-Jet in 2019?-11.jpg

Does it make any sense to buy the Fiat Linea T-Jet in 2019?-12.jpg

Does it make any sense to buy the Fiat Linea T-Jet in 2019?-13.jpg

Does it make any sense to buy the Fiat Linea T-Jet in 2019?-14.jpg

Does it make any sense to buy the Fiat Linea T-Jet in 2019?-15.jpg

More updates soon...

Last edited by OneToughRider : 21st September 2020 at 20:10.
OneToughRider is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 26th December 2020, 09:40   #50
BHPian

I completed two back to back 1300km round trips in my T-jet within a span of one month. The more I drive, the more inclined I am in not to let the machine go. This time I enabled the aux cable to play songs from the mobile and hence family also did not complain.
After seeing the accident at Thoppur ghat involving a truck ploughing through a line of cars, we were stuck there with a dead stop in exactly the same location due to road works there. We never know what is there in store for us. But being inside a car built like a tank gives a lot more confidence. At 89K on the odo, I believe the Tjet has still left lot more life on it and would like to hold on as long as possible.
gopikb is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st January 2021, 18:10   #51
BHPian

Hi devansn,

Just wondering what you finally decided on this? Did you decide to go ahead, if yes, bought a new one, used, or bought an Abarth? Just curious.

By the time I decided to buy a new one, they were already out of production and out-of-stock a year ago , now back again, this time searching for a well-maintained, less-driven pre-owned one

Quote:
Originally Posted by devansn View Post
I want to buy a Linea 125S. Yes, the one that's going to go out of production anytime from now. Well, the straight answer is a big NO. I know. But some cars to some are like that - you just wouldn't want to let it go.
Old 8th February 2021, 22:06   #52

Hi All,

I am now sailing in the same boat, I am getting a wonderfully maintained Linea T jet 2015. I plan to keep the car for 5 years, just want to know how the availability of spares is currently, existing Linea owners can help here.
I know it's difficult to get the spares but wanted to know how long does it really take and are there any alternate ways to procure them.
I am really considering the option as it's a fantastic car and difficult to let it go. Unless of course the owners in the forum say that it will take a month for the spares to arrive.

Thanks
Old 1st April 2021, 16:04   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redCherry View Post
Hi devansn,

Just wondering what you finally decided on this? Did you decide to go ahead, if yes, bought a new one, used, or bought an Abarth? Just curious.
Hi redCherry,

I did not end up buying what would have been the last Linea in India. Continuing with the now close to 11 years and 170K Kms old Punto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying_machines View Post
Hi All,

I am now sailing in the same boat, I am getting a wonderfully maintained Linea T jet 2015. I plan to keep the car for 5 years, just want to know how the availability of spares is currently, existing Linea owners can help here.
I know it's difficult to get the spares but wanted to know how long does it really take and are there any alternate ways to procure them.
I am really considering the option as it's a fantastic car and difficult to let it go. Unless of course the owners in the forum say that it will take a month for the spares to arrive.

Thanks
As far as I know, parts is still not a problem - for some parts, there could be some waiting, but you can source them on 99rpm or from Mopar itself for sure.
devansn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2021, 14:18   #54
BHPian

I am thinking of picking up a Jan 2016 manufactured T Jet Emotion variant.
Run around 35k, with service history. Looks in good shape physically. Will 4.15 lakhs be a fair price (in Delhi)?
Old 5th October 2021, 12:10   #55
BHPian

After going through this thread I am seriously considering going for a T-Jet if I find something which is in good condition. I am currently driving a 1.4 Fire Punto (2009) and it has done about 1,55,000 kms. I was seriously considering restoring it and use it for few more years. My recent trip from Bangalore to Mantralaya in my friend's T-Jet is really making me think now. Do you guys think its a good idea?

Attaching the picture of my friend's T-Jet taken during the trip.

Does it make any sense to buy the Fiat Linea T-Jet in 2019?-whatsapp-image-20211005-12.09.11-pm.jpeg

Last edited by Aditya : 6th October 2021 at 05:10. Reason: Number plate blanked out
chethan.ram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 15:22   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chethan.ram View Post
Do you guys think its a good idea?
Well, my answer would be it depends , if you are on a strict budget then it makes sense to get one of these as they are great handlers and you would definitely feel the upgrade from the punto. An upgrade which should hardly cost a couple of lakhs. But if you can stretch then there are definitely better cars available for which you might get better resale better service support etc.,.
Old 5th October 2021, 20:17   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chethan.ram View Post
Do you guys think its a good idea?
Well, can't answer it for you, you are better off making the call for yourself, but what I can say is I took the plunge, and I'm loving it every bit so far
Won't bother about Resale, Mileage, Service costs, though
redCherry is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks