Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2019, 11:07   #61

Re: The quietest petrol automatic car around 10 lakhs

I suggest you stretch your budget a bit and go for Toyota Yaris , it’s really understated , offering good deals now too. It’s got very comfy seating and a quiet cabin, decent road manners and a sedate ride. It’s safe too with 7 airbags in lower variants (if u can get hold of a older manufactured car)
Old 9th December 2019, 15:42   #62
BHPian

Quick Update:

Test drove Honda Jazz CVT his weekend and she loved the car. So much so that she refused to take the TD of Amaze, as she felt it was no where close to Honda, in terms of quality fit and finish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roby_dk View Post
Was in similar situation few months back and I am very happy with my decision to go for Polo GT TSI.
Actually my wife stumbled on to your link a few weeks ago. She just loves the hot red Polo. We were going to take our neighbour's Polo Tsi for a ride but we all got busy with other errands. This will be followed up soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPBNKA View Post
Little OT here but YEAH!, the 390 Adventure, I am saving money for that and if by any chance KTM launches it with spoke wheels and tubeless tires, I am in.
Everyone is disappointed with the reveal. I'm still hopeful of something good to happen now. Let's take this the PM route to not go OT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaileshkumar View Post
I suggest you stretch your budget a bit and go for Toyota Yaris
This was suggested before as well, but it's way out of budget. The Ecosports. The Ventos. All of them are out of budget.

I'm yet to check out a car from Hyundai and Ford stable. I'll update you guys soon. Thankfully they didn't launch Altroz with AT. Some unnecessary confusion avoided there.
creative420 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th December 2019, 21:45   #63
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
Quick Update:

Test drove Honda Jazz CVT his weekend and she loved the car. So much so that she refused to take the TD of Amaze, as she felt it was no where close to Honda, in terms of quality fit and finish.
Immediately after seeing the thread title, came here to suggest the first name that occurred to me that is Jazz petrol AT, but found that you have already found the right car for your need.

I am wowed by the engine smoothness and silence of previous iteration of Jazz petrol. If I'm buying one now, I wouldn't consider any other car in that segment, I will straight away buy an used previous gen Jazz petrol!
wheelguy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th December 2019, 18:02   #64
BHPian

@creative;

I am sure you must have realized by now that none of the 'regular', will ever be actually 'quiet'. A lot goes into bringing down the NVH levels in a car, and it is also expensive for the car companies. IMHO, only the luxury segment western cars will be able to give you that. The first thing you need to give up is the idea to buy new car. Go for that neatly maintained Merc, BMW, Audi (entry level models) or even maybe a Skoda Superb. Only these cars give you that tomb like silence in the thickest of the traffic. Don't be stingy on maintenance, that 1 lakh odd you spend every year will be worth it. You are getting some C class, 3 series, A4s and Superb in the range of 10-15 lakhs. They may be old but with full service histories, low run and if you get it from reliable pre-owned divisions of these brands, you are set. Believe me brother, you will not regret this decision. If you don't believe me take a test drive of one of these cars (old) and in the regular car of the same cost (new), you will still love the old German over the brand new regular car.

Most important take test drives in these cars to see the difference in NVH levels compared to the other regular cars, and what you really want.
zulfi hansi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2019, 21:05   #65
BHPian

European cars have a very heavy body shell, including the doors. So noise isolation is always good. The Vento has proper sound damping on the firewall and bonnet lid. So i would suggest the Vento TSI.

The cabin is silent at any speed. Put it on a low noise tyre like Michelin ST.

My only grouse is the sound of the aircon compressor. Take a test drive and see whether you notice the compressor noise.
Guite is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th December 2019, 15:58   #66
BHPian

Hi guys. Apologies for being quiet just like the car I'm looking for, from this thread. I switched to a new job last month, and I made this thread in the first 2-3 honeymoon-period days. Ever since that day, I've been super-busy and we've also been terribly occupied with 3-4 weddings coming up in our family.

Looks like Honda Jazz is fitting our requirements to the T. We've ruled out Polo completely because my father-in-law visits us for a week about 3-5 times a year and he suffers from arthritis. He's a tall man. And the ingress-egress in Polo for elder people has been discussed extensively in other threads on teambhp.

In other news, my wife is getting a salary correction along with a promotion soon. So I guess that might change the budget dynamics for better or her requirements from the car. There's just too much unknown for now. So we've decided to push things for a brief period, once she settles in her new role and the weddings are dealt with. Thank you all for your inputs.

MODS: You can close this thread for now. I'll pick up the conversation, later.
Old 14th September 2020, 12:31   #67

Petrol automatic under 10 lakhs

Dear BHPians,

I am a newbie here and privileged to be a part of this distinguished and celebrated forum.

I am interested in buying a new car. I would be using this for daily commute to my office which around 10 kms. I would also be using for highway drive to my native place which is 600 kms once in three months. My priority would be safety and good mileage. I am interested in an automatic and have shortlisted the below.

Honda Amaze V CVT
Baleno CVT
Glanza CVT
Tigor AMT

Your opinions will definitely matter and help me choose the correct one.

Thanks in advance.
Old 14th September 2020, 13:34   #68
BHPian

Re: Petrol automatic under 10 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by muneergsm View Post
My priority would be safety and good mileage. I am interested in an automatic and have shortlisted the below.

Honda Amaze V CVT
Baleno CVT
Glanza CVT
Tigor AMT
My suggestion would be to go for Glanza CVT. Toyota service experience will be better than that of Maruti. If you are a keen driver then you may also look into the newly launched Polo TC. It has a better engine and GB than the CVTs of Baleno, Amaze and Glanza. Rapid Rider Plus TC shall be a lakh more than top end variant of Glanza CVT. With discounts you would get it at a better price as well. Rule out Tigor as the petrol engine on offer is below average and not made for your occasional highway drives.
My pick as per priority would be:
1. Polo TC
2. Rapid Rider Plus TC
3. Jazz CVT
4. Glanza CVT
5. Baleno CVT

Congratulations in advance! The hunt for a new car is as sweet as getting your hands on it for the first time. Best of luck.
VWAllstar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2020, 13:43   #69

Thank you brother.

Only concern is the NCAP ratings. Apart from Amaze and Tigor, I am not sure if the others visited the NCAP test.

I am not sure what is stopping them from sending their cars for this test.

Safety is a paramount importance for first time buyers like me.
muneergsm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th September 2020, 14:06   #70
BHPian

Quote:

I am interested in buying a new car. I would be using this for daily commute to my office which around 10 kms. I would also be using for highway drive to my native place which is 600 kms once in three months. My priority would be safety and good mileage. I am interested in an automatic and have shortlisted the below.

Honda Amaze V CVT
Baleno CVT
Glanza CVT
Tigor AMT
If you look for safety, the baleno/Glanza automatically is struck off from the list. No offence Baleno owners but it's seriously a tin box.

I would suggest you to check out both Honda amaze and Tata tigor. Take a TD. Go for whichever you would like the driving experience in. You will save around 1.5 lacs on the tigor but the CVT on the Amaze is superior than the AMT.

You may also consider the Rapid automatic which is due launch if performance is also a substantial consideration. But the mileage takes a hit.

Personally, i would pick the Tigor.
Cheers and Good Luck!

Last edited by chiefpk : 14th September 2020 at 14:26.
chiefpk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th September 2020, 14:14   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefpk View Post
If you look for safety, the baleno/Glanza automatically is struck off from the list. No offence Baleno owners but it's seriously a tin box.
Thank you brother for your TD suggestion. I will definitely do that. But in hindsight CVT does look like a good choice.

Last edited by ampere : 14th September 2020 at 14:22.
Old 17th October 2020, 22:15   #72
BHPian

It would be great if you consider the hyundai grand i10 NIOS automatic and Hyundai Aura automatic.
They both have smooth AMT transmissions which are fuel efficient and reliable over the long run.
They have silent cabins when capared with its rivals like Swift,Baleno,Dzire,Tiago,Tigor etc
Neelanjan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2020, 06:00   #73

Thank you brother. My only concern of Nios and Aura is the safety ratings. Why are they not sending them to NCAP. Otherwise they look good.
muneergsm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2020, 09:25   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you brother. My only concern of Nios and Aura is the safety ratings. Why are they not sending them to NCAP. Otherwise they look good.
Not sure if this would make your short list, but because this car has to be bought with Parents in mind and their ingress and egress . you should look at Scross AT . The new S cross petrol might be worth it . Even try the Brezza AMT .

And a completely off track suggestion which would help you get some subsidy and would also be a perfect fit , incase you can strech your budget it NEXON EV . you get subsidy , perfect city car and never worry about any fuel .
gautamkhadse is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2020, 01:11   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Trust me brother,the NIOS has better build quality compared to the Swift,Baleno,DZire,Ignis.

I am saying this based on my ownership experience of a 2018 swift and 2013 i10
Neelanjan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks