Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car?

Old 18th February 2020, 12:49   #46
BHPian

Default Re: Petrol S-Cross or Petrol Vitara Brezza?

I would suggest you to Wait because the performance of Petrol S-Cross is still unchartered territory.
I own a pre-facelift Scross DDis 200 and can say it is quite a heavy car. The new petrol engine with the 130-140nm torque is something I am a little concerned about.

If you need a car urgently, then consider the Seltos please. Its a brilliant car.

I'm not talking about the Brezza because Mrs.P hates it anyway and from personal experience, its not as great as the Cross in terms of comfort, ergonomics and space. It looks better though
Coplay is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2020, 13:03   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coplay View Post
I would suggest you to Wait because the performance of Petrol S-Cross is still unchartered territory.
I own a pre-facelift Scross DDis 200 and can say it is quite a heavy car. The new petrol engine with the 130-140nm torque is something I am a little concerned about.

If you need a car urgently, then consider the Seltos please. Its a brilliant car.

I'm not talking about the Brezza because Mrs.P hates it anyway and from personal experience, its not as great as the Cross in terms of comfort, ergonomics and space. It looks better though
What do you mean by "heavy"? It's perhaps a bit heavier by Suzuki standards but I find it on par with the others.
invidious is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2020, 13:10   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by invidious View Post
What do you mean by "heavy"? It's perhaps a bit heavier by Suzuki standards but I find it on par with the others.
Oh my bad, I meant it was heavier than the Brezza. I'm assuming the weight will drop with the new petrol engine.
Coplay is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2020, 13:56   #49
BHPian

If I were in a similar position, I would go for the S-Cross over the Brezza. Simply because it has a bigger boot and more cabin space in general. S-Cross has some level of novelty. The Vitara Brezza is everywhere. Anyone who has money and wants a Maruti car buys the Vitara Brezza

I have read somewhere that SHVS is not going to be offered in Brezza Petrol Manual. I drive the new 1.5 Ertiga and I can say that its a very nice engine, little loud at higher rpms but not a deal breaker at all, and the SHVS tech does help in giving a little bit of extra push to the car when needed. If that engine is combined with better dynamics of S-Cross and hoping that the S-Cross gets SHVS, it would be a good car to drive. But you can always test drive both before making a decision !
NiInJa is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2020, 14:13   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

I don't know of how much help would my post be, considering I own a Brezza for nearly 4 years (in May) and my brother owns a facelift S-Cross for one and a half years. Both are powered by the same 1.3L diesel engines, although the S-Cross gets a SHVS system. I've driven both extensively. I'll put in my thoughts.

Looks -
It's subjective. I did not like the previous S-Cross. Had the facelift been launched when I was looking for a new car, I would have definitely picked it up over Brezza. The new Brezza although looks good.

Handling -
S-Cross is anyday better in handling than Brezza. But Brezza is also not bad. Handling also depends a lot on the driver. Brezza has better approach and departure angles compared to S-Cross, as well as higher GC.

Engine-Gearbox combo-
Since both the vehicles in question will have same powertrain which is new for them, the exact performance can be found only after driving both through same route. What I would like to point out is that our S-Cross has SHVS which doesn't give the same feel as Brezza while acceleration. There is some lack of punch as noticed by my brother after he drove my Brezza last week. The same SHVS will be seen in the automatic petrol of both cars but since both will have similar setup, the performance should be near similar.

Build quality -
Both the cars are one of the best build cars by Maruti. But S-Cross feels better than Brezza. For me, the best in build quality from Maruti was Ritz .

Space -
S-Cross has oodles of space especially when you're moving out with family. It gobbles up luggage with elan. In Brezza, fitting in same amount of luggage would mean removing the parcel tray and then adjusting the luggage.

Last edited by BoneCollector : 18th February 2020 at 14:30.
BoneCollector is online now   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote