Team-BHP > What Car?

Old 9th March 2020, 08:30   #46
BHPian

Default Re: Hyundai Grand i10 Nios vs the others

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mik View Post
Buy a nios AMT/swift AMT. She doesn't like the tiagos etc as the same choices were there when she bought the nano.
)
I will tell you my take on why I have bought the Nios over the Swift finally.

The cars are pretty similar in their reliability and the fact that they are closely priced makes it really hard to choose.

The Nios AMT in traffic felt much smoother. The second time I drove the Swift (TD again), I realised that the 7k driven swift already had vibrations. After living with a 1st gen Swift with loose interiors and noises - I really didn't want that again.Still, that was not the reason.

I realised that the Nios is a much more modern looking as well as a newer car with a smoother AMT and at a lower price than the swift (about 20-30k in my city). To top it off, the dealer (Lakshmi Hyundai) gave a handsome discount on the Asta AMT and that tipped the scales.
TejasV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th March 2020, 08:52   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TejasV View Post
Thanks for your valuable suggestions. I have just booked the Grand i10 Nios AMT Asta Variant (Approx Rs.9 lacs on-road) the dealer gave a 20k discount which made me book this over the Sportz variant which was priced at 8.5 lacs.
Congratulations. Wish you a fuss-free ownership ahead

But Man!!! ~9L for an AMT small car is insane. Last April(2019), I had an offer of 7.8L for Grand i10 AT(TC box) from showroom after around 1L discount. So the price has actually gone up after adding the cheaper AMT over the TC box. Just checked bangalore prices and its 9.3L for Nios Asta AMT & 9.8L for Swift Zxi+ AMT without discounts. A million bux can fetch you only a small hatch with AMT now. Definition of VFM needs to be redefined

Last edited by SoumenD : 9th March 2020 at 08:57.
SoumenD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2020, 12:12   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
But Man!!! ~9L for an AMT small car is insane. Last April(2019), I had an offer of 7.8L for Grand i10 AT(TC box) from showroom after around 1L discount. So the price has actually gone up after adding the cheaper AMT over the TC box.
Thanks, yup the prices are crazy!!! Just took the plunge as Sportz missed a lot of kit and the Asta only costed 30k more with a 30k discount.

Mod Note: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 9th March 2020 at 12:27.
Old 9th March 2020, 14:54   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, yup the prices are crazy!!! Just took the plunge as Sportz missed a lot of kit and the Asta only costed 30k more with a 30k discount.

Mod Note: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.
Hi TejasV,
Firstly congrats on your new car.

NIOS is a good car, and the hyundai A.S.S is very good.(Have owned 3 Hyundai's myself and can vouch for it)

Good that you changed your mind for a top end model.
A top end model with all bells and whistles will keep you happy for a long time.

For the additional 30k extra you paid, you will get :
1. Bigger wheels (R15 vs R14)
2. Leather wrapped steering
3. Push start
4. Cooled glovebox
5. Wireless mobile charger
6. Rear seat adjustable headrests
7. Rear wiper and washer
8. Luggage lamp
9. Other chrome bits here and there
Feels a real work for 30k more.

Wish you loads of safe miles ahead.
Do pen down a ownership log with lots of pics.
DLC5005 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th March 2020, 14:48   #50

Quote:
I will tell you my take on why I have bought the Nios over the Swift finally.

The cars are pretty similar in their reliability and the fact that they are closely priced makes it really hard to choose.

The Nios AMT in traffic felt much smoother. The second time I drove the Swift (TD again), I realised that the 7k driven swift already had vibrations. After living with a 1st gen Swift with loose interiors and noises - I really didn't want that again.Still, that was not the reason.

I realised that the Nios is a much more modern looking as well as a newer car with a smoother AMT and at a lower price than the swift (about 20-30k in my city). To top it off, the dealer (Lakshmi Hyundai) gave a handsome discount on the Asta AMT and that tipped the scales.

Congrats
Even I am considering i10 NIOS and found the AMT shifting to be very smooth compared to what I have read about AMTs. Also love the overall look of the car and the interiors

Did you go with Asta ?
Old 16th March 2020, 18:54   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvky94 View Post

Did you go with Asta ?

Thanks Dhruv,

Yes I got an Asta Amt petrol in teal blue. The dealership offered a 30k discount which got the price to 8.75 on road in Hyderabad. I also took the 4th year extended warranty which costed about 8k. I will start an ownership thread soon.Hyundai Grand i10 Nios vs the others-img_20200314_120302.jpg

Last edited by TejasV : 16th March 2020 at 19:06. Reason: Grammar
TejasV is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed