Team-BHP > What Car?

Old 29th March 2020, 00:15   #91

Default Re: My 1st Automatic Car - Budget 11 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvky94 View Post
Hey Arun,

Thanks for such a detailed post
Even my family has a good experience with Hyundai, but me being a newbie have no idea. Although this is what everyone is telling me. I would have got the i20 Auto ASAP but it's discontinued :(
So is the Grand i10 Auto. I have not really looked into Aura that much though.
Hey Dhruv, a pleasure brother!

I was just thinking, should I ask you to wait for the new Hyundai i20. Looks gorgeous to me

https://www.cartoq.com/hyundai-elite-i20-bs6-launched/

Think about it.

Regards,
Arun
drive1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2020, 01:12   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive1987 View Post
Hey Dhruv, a pleasure brother!

I was just thinking, should I ask you to wait for the new Hyundai i20. Looks gorgeous to me

https://www.cartoq.com/hyundai-elite-i20-bs6-launched/

Think about it.

Regards,
Arun
I'm very sorry. The correct link is this: https://www.cartoq.com/all-new-hyundai-elite-i20-video/
drive1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2020, 08:21   #93
BHPian

I think if you are buying in this economy, you should ask for a BIG DISCOUNT - start with 50% at least. Go with a good script, tell them about inventory costs, interest rates, duty to the nation, humanity, anything ...
mvadg is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 30th March 2020, 11:18   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive1987 View Post
I'm very sorry. The correct link is this: https://www.cartoq.com/all-new-hyundai-elite-i20-video/
Yeah the new i20 looks amazing. I was not very inclined towards the i20 because of the release date (2020 end) but given how this year has been and with no certainty for the future, if this situation extends close to 2020 end, I may end up booking i20 itself

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvadg View Post
I think if you are buying in this economy, you should ask for a BIG DISCOUNT - start with 50% at least. Go with a good script, tell them about inventory costs, interest rates, duty to the nation, humanity, anything ...

Certainly not going to buy right now or anytime soon... Keeping a close watch on the economy and my finances!
dhruvky94 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2020, 13:13   #95

Hey All,

Thanks for this wonderful community for helping out in shortlisting my first car
Given the situation and the current economy conditions, I am not sure when I will be pulling the trigger but I will keep updating the thread frequently once I start with the process

This is a great community, stay safe everyone
Old 21st May 2020, 08:38   #96

Hi,
Firstly buying a sedan or a hatch really depends on your family's needs and the kind of usage you plan.
Secondly any form of automatic transmission is ok so long as you maintain proper driving habits. You will get the max from your car depending on how you use and maintain it. One piece of advice if you buy an automatic car and use it regularly in heavy traffic is to form the habit of shifting to neutral when not moving.
Power of the car again is a habit based choice. If you are habitually driving in a sport car fashion some of these cars may prove a disappointment. A good driver will always understand how the car responds and tune his or her driving habits to get the maximum out of it.
Choose wisely. It's your money and your needs.
Dharmesh M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2020, 12:44   #97

I think the person who told you that it is dent-able only by leaning or opening or closing the bonnet too much must hate Maruti build quality and sounds like just a bunch of bull.

Now, yes, the thin metal is thinner than one would expect, but that is because of advancement in technology.

The heartect platform Maruti is using at the moment is known for it's structural rigidity and low kerb weight, which is why most Maruti's tip the scales somewhere under 1,000 kilos.

Also, my personal experience says that the Baleno is just fine for highway driving, although that's because I prefer an engaging and enthusiastic drive, which honestly, a CVT would never be able to provide, but for a newbie such as yourself, it'll do wonders.
It's comfortable during long drives and also, inspires enough confidence at 100-120.

Coming to the city driving, the CVT is a boon. It can be a little jerky at times, but 95% it does it's job well and you'll definitely love the ease of operation.

Comparing this to other cars, like the i10 Nios AMT and the Venue Automatic:

AMT's aren't as refined, period.
Plus Baleno means more features, more space and practicality, so why not!

The Venue though, is a different story, it's a smart looking car.
Has all the features you need and drives well too.
Typical modern Hyundai.
You'd probably love the connectivity features, because well, you're young.

So basically it comes down to a few points.

1. Frugality - Baleno.
2. Interiors and features - Venue
3. Exteriors - a draw in my opinion, depends on what you're looking for (a hatch or an SUV)

You can't go wrong between the two.
You'll love 'em both, I'm sure.
So just pick what your heart wants and go for it.

. The car is under-powered, at least for my driving needs. That, coupled with a CVT transmission, would be quite boring to drive.

For an enthusiast such as yourself, I agree.
I've felt that way more often than not, but I'd recommend you try the manual if you haven't, it totally changed my perspective of the way the Baleno drives.
Coming from 2011 Hyundai i20 which has similar power and weighs double, I felt the Baleno manual was quite light, peppy and nimble. Fun to drive in short.

The CVT, I believe is the let down for people like us here.

Last edited by moralfibre : 21st May 2020 at 12:48. Reason: Back to back posts.
Kalash_6324 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed