Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: What should I get?
Superbike 116 28.64%
Premium Car 289 71.36%
Voters: 405. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2020, 20:32   #91
BHPian

Re: Superbike or a Premium car at the age of 35?

Quote:
Originally Posted by coriollis View Post
After that, get a pre-owned 530d.... And then ..
All the stakeholders will be immensely contended... And we would enjoy the perks too
Knowing you, I am picturing you in a nice beemer... Black with //M specs to be precise
Quote:
Originally Posted by imp! View Post
While the S1000RR is one of my favourite bikes, it is also pretty much pointless for road riding, pretty much everywhere except on the Autobahn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malhi View Post
There are only a handful of people in this world who have managed to "never sell" a German automobile. My two cents- If it's for a lifetime, it gotta be Japanese.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikram8891 View Post
I think if you have to ask this question then you have pretty much decided that it is going to be the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
Your dilemma and confusion makes me want to write to you again and again Amey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happysmiles View Post
Keep it Simple.
I voted for Premium Car, read Electric Car.
Thats the future.
Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
Take it from someone whose had a liter class for over a decade, after a couple of years (if not earlier) of novelty the S1000 RR (especially in Maharashtra or any other state without racetrack access) will mostly be restricted to the Sunday morning blasts more than anything else.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Just to give you a perspective of my riding buddy who has a 675R and is gobsmacked post a session on a 10R.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
If I were you, I would hold on to the 675 and get a Superb/Endeavor or probably a Kodiaq
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphadog View Post
Great thread and it is an enviable predicament to be in.
When I voted, it was a no-brainer for me, I voted for the superbike. This is coming from a 42 odd year old.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vredesbyrd View Post
Hands down I'd vote for a pre-owned F10 530d LCI, F30 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronk View Post
I'd keep it short and sweet.
Get the premium car now,
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBlue View Post
You already have a premium bike which is super powerful. Litre class is a pleasure of possession machine and not safe to put that power down to the tarmac even if one is a very skilled rider like you are..
Thank you guys for your enduring comments and recommendations. The votes have actually got me thinking but definitely I cannot surrender the passion and love for riding. In fact, I've been dwelling on the thoughts that if its a keeper, its got to be Japanese and actually started reading up on the 10R and anyhow winning back to back 5 WSBK Championships isn't a joke right? So surely, the bike is capable. I'm yet to ride it with a perspective keeping in mind how S1000RR is and shall soon if I get a chance before monsoons else after.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vignesh.cv View Post
Here's a new video from good friend Shumi on buying a big bike

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=tGLhXhol3OY
Thanks for sharing the video. Shumi has nailed it. People who've not been exposed even to middle segment bikes should definitely watch this.

Cheers,
Amey
Amey Kulkarni is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2020, 23:52   #92
Senior - BHPian

See, if your life is bikes - and that is all you live and breathe, get a Superbike! Because you live once!

But, for everything else, add a BMW 330i to your life. Or a Mini Cooper. Simple reason = you have terrific bike already. There is very little a Striple can't do. It's a jack of all trades - and gives you 90% of all biking joys available in our conditions.

If you add 4 wheel fun to your garage - you can have fun in anything your drive/ride - 2 wheels or four. Ain't that nice?
Abhi_Automobile is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2020, 12:48   #93
BHPian

I can see the this being more of a car forum, the poll is tilting towards a premium car. Being someone who loves cars and bikes equally i can understand your dilemma. But the satisfaction of owning something like the S1000RR can NEVER be equalled to something like a 3 Series or even vRS. What a crotch rocket does to ones senses can only be understood by someone who is passionate about riding. At 35 you still have a few years before your body gives up and post that it will be the luxury car that you will use. So i think you should go get that S1kRR or the ZX10R and live your dream. The luxury car can wait a little.

PS: I have just picked up a new Duke 790 over a used Toyota Fortuner and my age is a just a wee bit riper than yours.

Last edited by balenopower : 2nd June 2020 at 12:55. Reason: correction made
balenopower is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2020, 16:11   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amey Kulkarni View Post

In fact, I've been dwelling on the thoughts that if its a keeper, its got to be Japanese and actually started reading up on the 10R and anyhow winning back to back 5 WSBK Championships isn't a joke right? So surely, the bike is capable. I'm yet to ride it with a perspective keeping in mind how S1000RR is and shall soon if I get a chance before monsoons else after.

Cheers,
Amey
I definitely don't think a keeper has to be Japanese. Anything can be maintained well and last life long as part of a collection, even if it only gets ridden a few 100 Km per year.

Please don't go by WSBK results. Track Bikes and Road Replicas are completely different beasts.
Old 2nd June 2020, 17:43   #95
Distinguished - BHPian

My mom never allowed me to ride even a bicycle and I hope to discourage my kids from riding motor bikes - have already visited emergency room due to their bicycle mishaps.

The only negative about a bike: risk to life and limb. Life and limb are very important - more so to your loved ones. This would be the biggest hurdle to cross. On all other counts, there is no contest. Bike >>> car.

I would completely ignore all the pragmatism put forward in this thread (except risk to life and limb). Yes it is selfish, but you can be unselfish in every other aspect of life to more than compensate for it. Yes family can enjoy a luxury car but do they want it as badly as you want a bike. Other than me, nobody in my family cares about what car we use (except kids but they don't count). You can't make proper use of a big bike in India - what nonsense - merely parking my dream bike in my garage alone would give me immense joy and sound sleep. The best bang for the buck is that you never have to wonder in life: "what if?" and that is priceless. Also please don't buy a bike that is easy to maintain. Bikes are cheap to buy and maintain when compared to cars. Buy the one you truly love - buy it for it's character, buy it for it's design, buy it for what you can do with it. Also don't buy a mediocre bike + mediocre car and ruin it for both parties.

If you decide not to buy a bike, let it be because you don't want to put your life in danger. And not because you want to 'invest' for comfortable retirement.
androdev is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2020, 21:09   #96
BHPian

swift, ertiga v/s pulsar 180, duke 390, ninja 300, striple 675. It's quite obvious where your heart lies.
Vysakh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2020, 12:18   #97
BHPian

My tuppence: The thrill a super bike gives you when you ride it, I haven't found replicated in a car. However, do be prepared for the "owner tax" you will pay once you buy a bike. This tax will be the money you spend on gear, upgrades, and other farkles.
Warlock is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2020, 01:10   #98
S15
BANNED

Going by your signature, it seems as if you got your hands on a Panigale 959.

Congrats.
S15 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2020, 14:49   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S15 View Post
Going by your signature, it seems as if you got your hands on a Panigale 959.

Congrats.
Haha! Thank you so much. Great observation that. Apologies for not announcing yet as I've been occupied with work and haven't been able to drop a note to all peeps out here; but the update on the journey, initial ownership and riding experience hopefully shall be completed soon. Here's a teaser of the 959 "Scarlett" as I call her.

Welcome Home Scarlett! 7th August' 2020 to be precise.

Superbike or a Premium car at the age of 35?-0a557d2d3aa74d3ab28b258ed5dc32cf.jpg

Please ignore the on and off versions of the masks as it was an important but a quick moment captured to go back to maintain social distancing. You can spot many BHPians from Pune as well on the day of the delivery.

Superbike or a Premium car at the age of 35?-bb3db6e74bde4eca9254d13ae25dc458.jpg

As she stands elegantly in the garage!

Superbike or a Premium car at the age of 35?-53e1f0e936d04bab88ac3b60d38f2452.jpg

Cheers,
Amey
Amey Kulkarni is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 10th December 2020, 15:41   #100
KMT
BHPian

Excellent choice, a man gotta do what a man gotta do!

Everytime I see a hot Italian bike and think they have outdone themselves, they come out with something that looks even better.

The Red is stunning, wishing you many happy miles.
Old 14th December 2020, 14:52   #101
Senior - BHPian

you already took my advice

A bike will give you joy that no other vehicle can give you.

Happy and Safe riding.

cheers,
ac

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks