Team-BHP > What Car?

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2020, 10:36   #16
BHPian

Re: Does this Honda Civic seller sound fishy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000rpm View Post
Friend, regarding the civic. Please stick to the facelifted model. You will be able to maintain ownership longer.

Also I am so jealous of Delhi walas, this same car in Bangalore will be 2 lakh plus minimum.
What do you mean by facelifted model? The one with the smoked effects on the lamps?
And yes, they quote atrocious prices for cars in B’lore, and that too for odometer figures that seem faker than auto tuned singers
TheHelix0202 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2020, 10:38   #17
Team-BHP Support

Good decision to let this pass. This might be a "new and improved" version of the Airport scam, where "the car is at the airport because I left in a hurry, you'll have to pay for the airport parking charges".

I agree our law enforcement is already stretched thin (in terms of manpower and will), made worse by the Covid situation, but if you pass this information over to the Cyber cell, maybe they'll try to check if this is a trap. Proactiveness will make for good PR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momsonlydriver View Post
Is this the new way of selling a stolen vehicle? Most vehicle theft happens in Delhi.
So brazen? The pictures are all over the internet; if the owner is least bit tech savvy, Olx would be one of the first places they'd look at. And with the car with those kind of interiors wouldn't be too common.
libranof1987 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2020, 10:53   #18
Senior - BHPian

Common fraud in Delhi. Stay away.

At the last moment, the seller will either ask you to pay token amount to block the deal or will claim that he's flown back to his home country and parked the car at the airport. But once there, you'll be required to pay parking charges of the car which would've been actually sitting there for months. I've heard that quite a few unsuspecting buyers fall for this.

Here's a related thread; https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shift...eipts-etc.html (Beware of scams - Even if you're an online SELLER! Fake paypal receipts etc.)
self_driven is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2020, 11:17   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by armaan_singh View Post

My budget is strictly around 1.5 Lacs, I don't forsee the facifted version coming in even 15 lacs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
I think he meant post 2009 model. There was a subtle facelift given by Honda to the Civic. And slightly stiffer suspension which doesn’t bottom out as easily.
Friend, the civic is an eye candy car to look at but a very difficult car to live with. The first gen was a horrible car dynamics wise, the facelifted was slighlt better (2010 onwards)

Trust me a Swift first gen is equally fun to own compared to a Civic. The Civic is like a tantrum throwing blonde Girlfriend / Boyfriend. Will look great and get you the attention, but only you will know the pain inside (when the low end performance will suck, when it will scrape most speed breakers, when the MID will show 7 KMPL, highways will be 11 kmpl Tops, the boot is useless, when the night drives will blind you even from cars like a Wagon R).

But all said and done, the car will make you turn everytime you will park and walk towards your house.

Last edited by Aditya : 22nd June 2020 at 21:13. Reason: Typo
2000rpm is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2020, 15:29   #20
BHPian

As an update to this thread : I found another well maintained civic though it is also a 2007 variant, with 112K on the Odo, it was mechanically sound and needs little to no body work.
It was with a dealer near my place we finalized the price at 1.50L, though it doesn't have insurance which I'll need to get.

Since I've never bought a used car before, I just wanted to confirm this with all of you ; I have paid the dealer an advance of 6K and have taken a recieveing, tomorrow is the delivery as I asked him to top up the gas in the AC,

He says he will give me a delivery note tomorrow and deliver the vehicle, and he would retain the original RC to submit in the RTO and would get me the new RC in around 2 weeks, for which I would need to pay 5-6K. Does this entire process sound correct ?

Posting some photos of the car as well.

Thank You All
Attached Thumbnails
Does this Honda Civic seller sound fishy?-20200622_152807.jpg  

Does this Honda Civic seller sound fishy?-20200622_152739.jpg  

Does this Honda Civic seller sound fishy?-20200622_152716.jpg  

Does this Honda Civic seller sound fishy?-20200622_152655.jpg  

Does this Honda Civic seller sound fishy?-20200622_152634.jpg  

armaan_singh is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2020, 18:57   #21
tud
BHPian

Quote:
It was with a dealer near my place we finalized the price at 1.50L, though it doesn't have insurance which I'll need to get.
First things first - Evaluate the car with the Team-BHP used car check list.

It is highly unlikely that the car is still being serviced at Honda. Check with Honda service centre and get the last recorded service details. It will also give you an idea on any pro active part changes required. If the service at a Honda showroom was done long ago, show the car to your trusted mechanic for an evaluation. If you need any reference for a good FNG, the New Delhi directory in Team-BHP should come handy.

Quote:
He says he will give me a delivery note tomorrow and deliver the vehicle, and he would retain the original RC to submit in the RTO and would get me the new RC in around 2 weeks, for which I would need to pay 5-6K. Does this entire process sound correct ?
5-6K? Are you re-registering the car in a different state? For ownership transfer within the state of original registration, agents charge 2K in my part of the country. It cost me Rs 525 (Yes Five Two Five) when I used the online route to complete the ownership transfer on my own. Read more here (Bought a used car, transferred the ownership online! New digital experience from the RTO). Of course it needs two visits to the RTO - 1. to submit the documents, and 2. to collect the new RC chip card. All updates are sent via SMS. If the documents for the car are clean, and you have all documents from your end in order, there is no reason to pay such high charges.
tud is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2020, 20:09   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I found another well maintained civic though it is also a 2007 variant, with 112K on the Odo, it was mechanically sound and needs little to no body work.
Posting some photos of the car as well.
Armaan, check the car out properly or have it checked out properly by someone who knows what they are doing. I mean for body line damage besides the mechanicals.

For a 2007 car with 112k on the odometer, it looks too clean in the photos you have posted. The dealer has definitely touched up the bumpers or it could also be a full overcoat. Bumper touch up in our cities is quite alright as long as the car has not been in a major accident.

I know you have paid him an advance but still check these things out before you bring the car home.

Do keep us updated and hope all is well.

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2020, 20:18   #23
BHPian

Have you seen this car personally?

Prima facie , sounds like a Nigerian Scam.

Do not pay anything online no matter what. Be safe against these 419 frauds.
Old 22nd June 2020, 20:27   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditbelw View Post
Have you seen this car personally?

Prima facie , sounds like a Nigerian Scam.

Do not pay anything online no matter what. Be safe against these 419 frauds.
Why blame Nigerians for all the scams ? Are we Indians not capable of scamming ? We are Atam-nirbhar and can scam very well.
On the topic, Yes !!! The Odo, age and appearance of the Car definitely mismatch and the Car needs a thorough inspection by someone who knows this particular Car Model thoroughly.
Amrik Singh is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2020, 20:52   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amrik Singh View Post
Why blame Nigerians for all the scams ? Are we Indians not capable of scamming ? We are Atam-nirbhar and can scam very well.
On the topic, Yes !!! The Odo, age and appearance of the Car definitely mismatch and the Car needs a thorough inspection by someone who knows this particular Car Model thoroughly.
Nigerian Scam is Synonymous to 419 Fraud which can be committed by anyone from anywhere though what else would you call it for better understanding ? Atam-nirbhar scam ?
aditbelw is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2020, 17:28   #26
BHPian

So I did end up getting the delivery of the white civic, it didn't have parking sensors installed, so got them put today.
I have scheduled a comprehensive service with Go Mechanic tomorrow.

It seems fine for the most part, the only nagging issue which I am feeling is that the steering wheel is too heavy, Honda cars are known for their supremely light steering that gets stiffer on the highway, but in my car its just too heavy and feels more like a non power steering vehicle especially at low speeds and while taking u turns it just feels like its under too much stress.

I really hope I'm not looking at a big expense here.

Also for some strange reason, I don't see the Civic listed on Honda's official website to book the service, even though Honda cities are listed 2005 onwards, this is a little scary too, hence had to go ahead and book with Go Mechanic.

Also on a side note, I need to renew the insurance of the car since it expired last October, and the dealer is saying i should wait for some slip that he will have generated, else the insurance would renew on the previous owners name.
Attached Thumbnails
Does this Honda Civic seller sound fishy?-20200623_172656.jpg  

Does this Honda Civic seller sound fishy?-screenshot_20200623172625_chrome.jpg  

Last edited by armaan_singh : 23rd June 2020 at 17:30.
armaan_singh is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2020, 17:43   #27
BHPian

Quote:
So I did end up getting the delivery of the white civic, it didn't have parking sensors installed, so got them put today.
I have scheduled a comprehensive service with Go Mechanic tomorrow.
Congratulations on your new ride! White paint on the civic looks really premium. Hope all the future repairs be economical. Do keep us updated.
momsonlydriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2020, 20:14   #28
BHPian

Quote:
As an update to this thread : I found another well maintained civic though it is also a 2007 variant, with 112K on the Odo.
Just curious, what are you planning to do with the Civic? I see you are based out of Delhi, and for a 2007 model the fitness will expire in 2022, which is less than 2 years away. The car will be worthless then.

Is daily running too high? Are you planning to send this somewhere else?
bansal.sushant is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th June 2020, 10:17   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
So I did end up getting the delivery of the white civic
Congrats and wishes for a satisfied ownership.

Quote:
dealer is saying i should wait for some slip that he will have generated, else the insurance would renew on the previous owners name.
How did you (or dealer) managed the ownership transfer without valid insurance?
AFAIK process is to renew in previous (current) owner's name, get the RC name transferred and then transfer the insurance as well.
Mr.Boss is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th June 2020, 15:23   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bansal.sushant View Post
Just curious, what are you planning to do with the Civic? I see you are based out of Delhi, and for a 2007 model the fitness will expire in 2022, which is less than 2 years away. The car will be worthless then.

Is daily running too high? Are you planning to send this somewhere else?
After two years I intend to send it to my dad who lives in Amritsar, his Vento 2011 Vento is already on her last legs and hopefully the Civic can run for him for a few years.
armaan_singh is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed