Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2020, 12:18   #31
BHPian

Re: VFM, safe car with good GC for 10-lakhs OTR

If you can extend your budget by 2 lacs, you can get a 2-3 years old Crysta. And it will be a much better buy than say a 10 years old Fortuner. Yes it’s GC is less than 200mm, but the ladder frame chasis means that GC isn’t an issue at all. From the new, your best option is XUV300 W6. It’s better than Nexon in many ways and even gets a driver armrest. Only 6 airbags & android auto is missing.
Old 31st October 2020, 12:56   #32
BHPian

As other have suggested, the Freestyle and Nexon looks like your best bet. The TDCi Freestyle would be good fun!

If you're okay with an almost new vehicle that fits your requirements, I've seen multiple 2018-2019 Ecosport Titanium+ cars in Mumbai (Was helping a few friends find cars). An Ecosport S would be a bonus (if you can find one), with its HID headlamps, TPMS and more menacing looks.

Here's a few :
The 1st gen Creta SX(O) would have been a decent option if it weren't for suspect Hyundai braking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
If you want a bigger car then look out for a decent Fortuner 4X2 Automatic not older than 5 years. There are plenty of options out in the used car market.
Haha, you're too humble about the resale of the Fortuner. Unfortunately, even 10 year old examples under 10L are rare (at least not without negotiation). You will in fact be lucky to find a 5 year old Innova at that price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobogris View Post
I would recommend getting a used VW Jetta. You can easily get used variants between 2 to 6 lakhs. If you go with a 2014 to 2016 variant, you can pick up a Highline for around 5 to 6 lakhs. It will have 6 airbags, ESC, ABS etc and is very well built.
Unlikely for 5-6L but a very nice car indeed. A BHPian has this one on sale and the best part is that it's an M/T and not the DSG : https://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy...en/Jetta.html/
saur95 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st October 2020, 13:06   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saur95 View Post
Unlikely for 5-6L but a very nice car indeed. A BHPian has this one on sale and the best part is that it's an M/T and not the DSG : https://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy...en/Jetta.html/
Wishing the best of luck to the Bhpian who has listed the Jetta.
Here in Delhi NCR, you can easily find dozens of Jettas for sale at very low prices. Last year I sold my 2012 Jetta Higline DSG in perfect condition with around 78k kms for 2 lakhs and that too with a lot of difficulty. Here are a few examples:

https://www.olx.in/item/volkswagen-j...iid-1602736452

https://www.olx.in/item/volkswagen-j...iid-1599797636
Lobogris is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st October 2020, 13:32   #34
BHPian

For GC, safety and VFM I recommend the Nexon. I use the top end manual diesel and I am pretty happy with it. The Eco mode is good for most driving and gives me an average of 12-13 in the city, on the highway the Sport mode puts a smile on my face and the average is around 15 for some spirited driving, I am sure it will be higher if its leisurely driving.

I am not sure of the prices but with multiple variants you may find a good one for your use. Note for 6 airbags you will have to look elsewhere.
Old 31st October 2020, 17:40   #35
BHPian

The only Car that meets 95% of your criteria is Ford Freestyle Titanium Plus with GC being 190mm. If you can stretch your budget then go for Ecosport.

Ford ownership is peace of mind with reliability and consistency of its built quality and performance. You get an American pedigree .

Tata's nexon is a hit or miss in these aspects.
jeganatu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2020, 19:00   #36
BHPian

May I recommend a used Hexa? There are great examples there of XTs in about 10-12 lakhs with running of just about 30-40K kms. I have used this regularly including recently for multiple Pune Nagpur runs on what are now more off-road than Road. Great comfort, excellent safety, doesnt scrape anywhere even with a long wheelbase.
If not this - Another used car that you will like is the Marazzo - it is a good car comfortable cruiser and has poor resale currently so you will get a good rate.
torquecurve is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st October 2020, 20:05   #37
BHPian

Other's have already said few things I might be saying here, but since you're pretty much aware with the pre-owned market why don't you spend few more lakhs and get a 2017 (or near to that) low running Jeep Compass? Won't tick your 6 Airbags and 200mm Ground clearance column but surely is safe and I guess had Android Auto too. If you want to stick to your budget and requirements either Nexon or Magnite (if it launches with what you want) will be my suggestion. Happy Driving!
vtecblast is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2020, 23:17   #38
BHPian

Nexon and xuv 300 are the only safe cars under the budget of 1 million and fulfilling your other requirements as well, nexon is cheaper than xuv and would get you more features as well plus it has the ground clearance of 209 mm!

If i were you i would buy a white colour and get the roof wrapped in black colour and get those odd looking gray coloured window lines and back lines black as well, that transforms the look completely.

This car belongs to our fellow bhpian and i love this look!

VFM, safe car with good GC for 10-lakhs OTR-screenshot_20201031231403.jpg

VFM, safe car with good GC for 10-lakhs OTR-screenshot_20201031231346.jpg

VFM, safe car with good GC for 10-lakhs OTR-screenshot_20201031231412.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 2nd November 2020 at 08:00. Reason: Images cropped
yesyeswe is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st November 2020, 13:18   #39
Senior - BHPian

I am surprised as no one has even mentioned the WRV. While I started this thread, I didnt have it in my mind either. It doesn't meet all the requirements, like thr Nexon but is a good product overall.

Guess Honda is no longer the top of the mind recall for a lot of customers.
Old 2nd November 2020, 19:08   #40
BHPian

Incidentally I am also under the same dilemma. Currently I drive Ford Ecosport (Ambiente - Diesel) and with 97K on the ODO, I can say share some thoughts about the same. I am still under thoughts of changing my car as it is getting old and there is an itch to drive something new /better.

I have taken my car to Leh as well as upto Kanyakumari, have travelled through the western ghats, costal lines of Goa, Kerala, Tamil Nadu etc. Recently covered Bangalore to Delhi drive on the same. So yes the car did perform good on all the occasions. I never felt unsafe or uncomfortable at all.

But then there are somethings which I wish the new ecosport / or my new car should have.

1. Need more power as current ecosport feels a bit underpowered as compared to the body weight at times.
2. More safety features as mine is an oldest version and that too the Basic one.
3. 4x4 functionality if possible but then this may be too much to ask for under this budget bracket.

Apart from these major benefits :

1. GC helps in getting you to almost all the places.
2. Awesome service network and economical in terms of maintenance
3. Solid Body gives you a sense of comfort and safety.
4. Awesome driving experience and right from the first gear it will give you a reason to smile.
5. Newer versions come with most of the bells and whistles in terms of features.
Old 4th November 2020, 17:47   #41
BHPian

NEXON is the car that fits your requirements.

Some are suggesting the used car way again but I think you wish to own a NEW car now and hence go for it.
Old 4th November 2020, 23:26   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000rpm View Post
I am surprised as no one has even mentioned the WRV. While I started this thread, I didnt have it in my mind either. It doesn't meet all the requirements, like thr Nexon but is a good product overall.

Guess Honda is no longer the top of the mind recall for a lot of customers.
If you are willing to look at the W-RV, then I strongly recommend that you do go and check out the S-Cross once. It was recommended to me (over Honda City) by fellow member @PrasannaDhana and I was surprised indeed after checking it out.

It has good build quality (unlike of MS cars), high enough GC, spacious cabin (its not a sub 4m vehicle), Zeta has all must have features.

Ford Figo Freestyle is the only 10L OTR car that can fulfill all your requirements including 6 airbags.
PaddleShifter is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th November 2020, 15:22   #43

Hello Everyone,

I am in a similar dilemma as well. I was initially looking for everything mentioned here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000rpm View Post
My mandatory requirements
  1. 6 Airbags + EBD + ABS + ESP (complete safety pack)
  2. 200+ mm GC
  3. Android auto
  4. Minimum 100 HP
  5. Mileage of minimum 10 kmpl in city
  6. Strong AC
  7. Driver arm rest
  8. Budget - Ideally 10 lakhs OTR after discounts (I can stretch but dont want to, as my running is 4000 - 5000 km per year maximum)
Then I realized that it is almost impossible to find such a vehicle in this budget, and decided to stretch my budget a bit to accommodate Honda City V Manual Transmission Variant along with Nissan Kicks 1.5 NA Petrol.

I took many of these vehicles to test drive and shared my initial impressions last month on this forum:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-...ml#post4911693 (Petrol S-Cross or Petrol Vitara Brezza?)

I got really confused in the end. I am now contemplating on postponing the purchase until next year. But I don't think it would be of any help. It is very hard to explain this strange phenomenon of being indecisive. It's like you know all the answers yet you can't make a choice because your head and heart are not in alignment.
Old 6th November 2020, 10:00   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by incredible View Post
I got really confused in the end. I am now contemplating on postponing the purchase until next year. But I don't think it would be of any help. It is very hard to explain this strange phenomenon of being indecisive. It's like you know all the answers yet you can't make a choice because your head and heart are not in alignment.
Same here, the cars like Freestyle just dont appeal to the heart. I have, in the meanwhile, done a suspension overhaul from my polo and hoping that this will address the bottoming issue to some extent.
Old 6th November 2020, 10:52   #45
BHPian

I would recommend take a look at S-Cross. You would be surprised what it offers. The Zeta variant is well-equipped and you won't have to stretch your budget much in case you decide to go for it.
sam264_2000 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks