Team-BHP > What Car?

Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2020, 21:13   #61
BHPian

Re: CVT Automatic car for dad - Honda Jazz vs Toyota Yaris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Jazz and space constraints? I find cabin space more in Jazz than SCross due to cab forward design. Rear seat is really comfortable for 3 people. Boot space is 354 in Jazz versus 353 in Scross.
I agree about it on paper. But sitting inside the car, my mother felt much more at ease in S-cross. She had a distinct opinion about S-cross being better than Jazz as a front and rear passenger. So that was the decider.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shancz View Post
Congratulations, so my feeling was right
Quite interesting to see how S-Cross wasn't even in consideration and then became the decision. That's we love TBHP.
Do share some cool pics when you take delivery.
Happy Motoring.
Yes, I am so happy to be part of this wonderful community. I would not have considered this altogether if not for the suggestion from tbhp.
Sadly, I would not be present here on the delivery date. I was expecting to drive around the car for few days. Would ask my father to click a few pics.
manish84 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th December 2020, 21:26   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations, good choice - both car and colour! City has a bit more aspirational value, but this is a much better overall package.
androdev is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2020, 06:22   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish84 View Post
Sadly, I would not be present here on the delivery date. I was expecting to drive around the car for few days. Would ask my father to click a few pics.
That's ok, the objective was complete when the best suited car was finalized.
Do drop in some updates when you get to drive it next.

Enjoy
Old 21st December 2020, 07:02   #64
BHPian

Re: Decision made - S-cross

Quote:
We considered all the parameters and finally have decided to go ahead with S-cross. Here is the reasoning:

1. Toyota - there is risk of Yaris being discontinued in favor of Ciaz.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Yes I have been told by a fairly reliable chap that S Cross will be discontinued/updated soon, basically there will be some changes(may be price related?). Now to me neither makes sense. Maruti had more than enough time to change/update anything if they had any intent. Also it doesn't make any sense to discontinue a model which was launched only in August. This is exactly why I posted the info with a Rumour tag.

My personal take- If you like a car, and specially from Maruti, go ahead without any worries of spares availability or service. Even for old or rare cars, spares support is fairly good. S Cross has sold decently and the 1.5L petrol is being used in many Marutis.

Regards,
Shashi
Just so that you can make an informed choice. Good luck.
ChoosetoCruze is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st December 2020, 17:28   #65
BANNED

I would suggest that you consider the Toyota Yaris. In addition to ABS and EBD, Toyota has opted to equip the Yaris with seven airbags (driver, passenger, two side, two curtain and knee), as standard right from the base variant. If safety and space is your priority then it is a good option. Toyota cars are known to be reliable with less maintenance.
Cyclist 97 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2020, 10:04   #66
BHPian

I was searching for an automatic petrol hatchback or sedan 2.5 yrs back as a replacement to my decade old Fiat Palio MJD which was sold off

After all the test rides of AMT starting from Alto-Celerio-Redigo-Kwid-i10-Tiago-Tigor I dropped AMT because of the jerks and noise

Finally narrowed to CVT & DSG gearboxes for smoothness in which competition between European VS Japanese VW Polo TSI DSG VS Micra/Jazz/Baleno

European DSG dropped as VW Polo is small and very high cost and mantainence

Final shortlist was CVT Japanese Nissan VS Honda VS Suzuki

Nissan Micra dropped out as it is too small compared to Honda Jazz and Suzuki Baleno

Lastly Honda Jazz VS Suzuki Baleno

Honda Jazz CVT was expensive and less space,performance was not great for Rs 10 lac price point

Baleno Delta CVT was clear winner with better ground clearance, long wheelbase,spacious interiors and super refined smooth CVT

Now in 2021 we also have Hyundai Aura AT & Honda Amaze CVT sedan in Rs 10 Lakh price point-Please test ride and explore both before booking Jazz

Last edited by amarprusty : 24th December 2020 at 10:11. Reason: Missed out the sub compact automatic sedans in market
amarprusty is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2020, 17:47   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks everyone for the inputs. We considered all the parameters and finally have decided to go ahead with S-cross
Booked S-cross Zeta AT White last week and made the full payment today. Taking delivery on 31 Dec

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-...ml#post4960557 (The "I Booked my Car" Thread)

Last edited by manish84 : 28th December 2020 at 17:48.
manish84 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th December 2020, 18:38   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Booked S-cross Zeta AT White last week and made the full payment today. Taking delivery on 31 Dec
Congrats, I was about to ask if it was white but then I saw your thread.

So a white S-Cross is our Transformer.

shancz is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed