Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2021, 16:05   #91

Re: 2 million rupees, and still not a "complete" car for me to buy?

Well selecting a new car is always a tough decision.
Let me tell you a little bit about my journey of car selection 5 years back!!

Set the budget of approx. 12 lacs for buying a new car only to extend it a little over 15 lacs when I finally bought one. Since my average travel in a year was around 15-20k kms, I always wanted a diesel car.
Saw all sorts of cars right from Premium hatchbacks to sedans, crossovers and SUVs.
As I owned the swift earlier, decided against buying a hatchback again after few cars test drives namely Baleno, i20 and i20 active and Volkswagen Polo for better legroom and boot space.
Then called the SA for test drives of Honda City and Volkswagen Vento. Due to my height, was not entirely comfortable with the sedans low seating. Add to that my Grand mom lives with me and she suffers pain in her knees if seated in low seating sedans for long. So, Sedans were out of contention.
Then came the cross over and SUVs. I like the tall seating of SUVs. Tried XUV500, S-Cross and Creta.
Ruled out XUV500 as my grand mom had difficulty in getting in the car and I didn’t like the interiors of the XUV500. XUV was also known for niggles here and there. Now it was between S-cross 1.6L and Creta 1.6L.
Liked everything about the S-cross starting from the driving fun factor and the power on offer but the car simply didn’t feel like a 14-15 Lac car. Tried Creta and instantly liked the cars overall looks and the comfort on offer although the driving fun factor was missing somewhere when compared to my old swift and S cross.
For couple of months read a lot of reviews of both the cars on team-bhp. Test drove both the cars with family and alone for at least 4-5 times in city and highway, listed out my requirements in a car on paper in terms of features and ticked which of them are a must to have for me.
Finally opted for Creta diesel top model based on the overall package it offered, extra boot space, safety features and better road presence. Moreover, it looked and felt more premium than S-cross.
So that’s how I chose my new car. Suggest you try the same and listen to your heart. Wish you all the best. I am sure you will soon find the car which is best for you as there is no perfect car in this world as per our wish.
Deepak Mudgal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2021, 00:03   #92
BHPian

You have not approached Yaris CVT so far.

Pros:

Toyota Badge
Great safety features
Reasonable mileage
Foolproof ASS

Cons:

Odd design ( Fiesta looks better than most cars on market today)
Drives bland ( compared to fiesta)

Last edited by Voodooblaster : 8th February 2021 at 00:13. Reason: Slight rephrasing
Old 8th February 2021, 11:07   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepak Mudgal View Post
Well selecting a new car is always a tough decision.
Let me tell you a little bit about my journey of car selection 5 years back!!

Set the budget of approx. 12 lacs for buying a new car only to extend it a little over 15 lacs when I finally bought one. Since my average travel in a year was around 15-20k kms, I always wanted a diesel car.
Can I ask you how much you had to strech the 12 Lakhs budget to reach Creta? Which variant of Creta? I noticed that there were too many variants.

Last edited by iamnarayang : 8th February 2021 at 11:12.
Old 8th February 2021, 16:14   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnarayang View Post
Can I ask you how much you had to strech the 12 Lakhs budget to reach Creta? Which variant of Creta? I noticed that there were too many variants.
3.4 lacs to be precise.
Bought Creta Diesel Sx(O) from Ambala through a friend of my cousin and got it registered in Gujarat. Got a quick delivery too.
Old 8th February 2021, 21:14   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepak Mudgal View Post
3.4 lacs to be precise.
Bought Creta Diesel Sx(O) from Ambala through a friend of my cousin and got it registered in Gujarat. Got a quick delivery too.
15.4 lacs Ex S/R for a Creta SXO Diesel
It doesn't add up. Would like to know how and when.
Old 8th February 2021, 21:29   #96
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadAxe View Post
He mentioned Ambala, so I'm guessing it's from the armed forces CSD (canteen) and hence the lower pricing.
Old 9th February 2021, 08:20   #97
BHPian

One can also look at Nissan Kicks 1.3 turbo petrol CVT, the engine refinement is butter smooth. Though the interiors look a bit dated and the external design is not a head turner but it is better than 1.5 petrol of Creta/ Selto.

The car is an excellent package for highway and the high speed stability is good. With high ground clearance, it can do better off-roading than all the 2WD cars mentioned on page 1 of this thread.

I look for driving dynamics & seating comfort as top priority in a car; bells & whistles are secondary!

Also, there is no need to stretch your budget with Kicks!
breezydrive is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th February 2021, 12:06   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadAxe View Post
Well I bought Creta SX(O) i.e. diesel top model of Dec'15 manufacturing from Ambala in Jan'16. Here is a little bit of break up for you:
A: Ex showroom price: 1387824.
B: Insurance: 46000.
C: Logistics/Mud flap/Temp no. plate: 6700.
D: Total A+B+C = 1440524.

Then over and above that i paid the RTO charges applicable in Rajkot, Gujarat at that time and the VAT difference between Haryana and Gujarat.
That's how the final amount came around 15.4 lacs.
Old 19th February 2021, 00:01   #99
BHPian

No one seem to have suggested Volkswagen T-Roc.

1. Crossover with Petrol & Automatic Combo- Check
2. European build- Check (heck its built in Europe)
3. Safety- 5-star Global NCAP rating, 6 airbags, ESC, TPMS, HSA, Lane keep assist (yes it even gets this ADAS feature) - A Big Check
4. Panoramic Sunroof for your kids- Check
5. Driving fun & Better Fuel economy than Hector's of the World - Check
6. Bigger boot than Creta & Seltos- Check (445 Litres)
7. Stand out in Crowd- A Big check

Negatives?- Well check if Space is major issue for you.

Please Test ride if you can get hold of one at any dealership, and see if its the one that has your heart racing!

Last edited by Jas21 : 19th February 2021 at 00:06.
Jas21 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th February 2021, 13:37   #100
BHPian

I am looking out for CSUV around 15 lakhs and was thinking of stretching the budget to 20 lakhs but there are no proper options. What would you guys suggest between Ford Eco Sport Titanium AT/S MT, Tata Nexon, Kia Seltos, MG Hector and similar cars. I would prefer American muscle or European car over Maruti and Korean cousins ..

My ask is powerful car which can run well over ghats and for long distance. My running is very less so Petrol makes more sense (though I read that Ford 1.5 L TDCI engine is great). Wife loves Sun roof so it would earn a brownie point. I drive a Ford Figo and love the control and stability.

Please suggest.
Old 27th February 2021, 14:02   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saminxs View Post
I am looking out for CSUV around 15 lakhs and was thinking of stretching the budget to 20 lakhs but there are no proper options. What would you guys suggest between Ford Eco Sport Titanium AT/S MT, Tata Nexon, Kia Seltos, MG Hector and similar cars. I would prefer American muscle or European car over Maruti and Korean cousins ..

Please suggest.
Since you own a ford already, I would suggest taking a test drive of the Ecosport and see the backseat space to check if that's a deal braker or not. If you can wait for a few months then the upcoming Skoda Kushaq and VW Taigun are going to be worth a look.
Shiftlock is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2021, 14:47   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftlock View Post
Since you own a ford already, I would suggest taking a test drive of the Ecosport and see the backseat space to check if that's a deal braker or not. If you can wait for a few months then the upcoming Skoda Kushaq and VW Taigun are going to be worth a look.
thanks, can wait. Skoda Kushaq 1.5L engine should be nice but its slated to hit showrooms in June. Same with VW Taigun .. Though I like Skoda a lot, it's after sales service is not that great I hear.
Old 10th March 2021, 18:26   #103
BHPian

Which SUV on a 2million rupee budget?

Hi everyone,

I hope all are doing well and staying safe.

I have a budget of 15-22 lakhs max for a new car (Crossover/ SUV) and I am in a dilemma which one to go for.

The main requirements:

1) Frequent trips to outstation
2) 2 kids so ISOFIX is mandatory in the back seats.
3) Will serve as a daily driver in the city so definitely Automatic and definitely no to an AMT, no offence to anyone who got it. Also busted my knee 4 years back and can't ride a manual without feeling pain.
4) Safety is utmost priority over features like wireless charging
5) Good ride quality
6) Generous boot space

My monthly running will be around 1000-1500 kms on an average. My first dilemma is whether to opt for Diesel or Petrol in this scenario. The petrol top ends of all the vehicles I am checking are priced very close to their diesel counterparts but the uncertainty of what is going to happen in terms of diesel vehicles in the future is not helping me take a decision one way. Both of my recent cars (Grand i10 and Fiesta 1.6S) have been petrols so if I move to diesel, this will probably be my first and last before we need to jump on the wave of electric cars.

Here are the cars we shortlisted:

1) Kia Sonet: 15-16 lakh on-road for petrol and diesel auto but has all the features that we want and more. Unsure of the safety rating but in terms of safety equipment, it has everything that we need.

2) Hyundai Creta: Test drove it, got myself to ignore how it looks (wife actually likes it), liked how it drove in the narrow city roads and handled itself on bad patches. Again, unsure of the safety rating because the little sister, Seltos got 3* so a little hesitant to go ahead with the booking. Again, unsure on petrol vs diesel and if it's petrol Auto that I go for, it will be the CVT for relaxed driving. 20.9 for the CVT and 22.4 for the DCT and Diesel auto on road. 3-4 months waiting period (I can wait till June/ July).

3) Hector twins: Love the ride quality and features but no diesel auto for such a heavy car is a bummer. Have no idea how much mileage the CVT gearbox in the petrol will give. Hector is about 21 on road.

4) Harrier/ Safari: Out of my budget with them costing 26 & 28 lakhs on road Bangalore.

5) Jeep Compass: Only option in my budget is the Petrol Sport but I do not get the necessary safety equipment in that (read airbags etc)

Didn't consider the Seltos because of the 3* rating. Ecosport is a little too cramped and little long in the tooth.

Am unsure if Magnite/ Kiger will have the power to transport us through the hills of Western Ghats which will be a monthly visit. In fact, haven't considered any 1.0 turbo petrols for the power aspect.

I don't think we can wait till Diwali for the VW Taigun but can wait till March 18 for Skoda Kushaq to be revealed but from what I have read as of now, boot space at 300 odd litres is not going to be enough.

Didn't look at used options since all my purchases have been used ones and we thought we will buy new for a change (no pun intended).

Please suggest me the fuel type and the car that I should be going for. I have had sedans or hatchbacks till now and this would be my first SUV.
Old 10th March 2021, 22:29   #104
BHPian

Re: Which SUV on a 2million rupee budget?

Check this thread - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-...ar-me-buy.html (2 million rupees, and still not a "complete" car for me to buy?)
Saminxs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2021, 12:44   #105
BHPian

Re: Which SUV on a 2million rupee budget?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avinash_R View Post
Hi everyone,

I have a budget of 15-22 lakhs max for a new car (Crossover/ SUV) and I am in a dilemma which one to go for.

The main requirements:

1) Frequent trips to outstation
2) 2 kids so ISOFIX is mandatory in the back seats.
3) Will serve as a daily driver in the city so definitely Automatic and definitely no to an AMT, no offence to anyone who got it. Also busted my knee 4 years back and can't ride a manual without feeling pain.
4) Safety is utmost priority over features like wireless charging
5) Good ride quality
6) Generous boot space
Hi Avinash,

If you are ready to go through the used car route again, the Jeep Compass 4X4 diesel AT is the best option among all these cars you have mentioned in terms of safety as well as getting it delivered at the earliest.

I saw a couple of 2019/2020 diesel AT in Bangalore on OLX. It ticks all the boxes and in terms of safety, you can’t go wrong with the Compass. I am currently looking for an automatic CSUV with the same requirements as yours and I would have bought a used compass diesel AT with eyes closed if I had a budget above 16 lakhs. In my opinion, the one or two years old Compass is almost new and it is way better than the new cars which cost the same but don’t meet my requirements, especially on the safety front.

Regarding Magnite/Kiger – 1 ltr turbo engine has got good punch and you will not have any issues in the ghat section but Magnite CVT has a waiting period of 6 months and Kiger CVT is not available yet.
swoosh is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks