Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th April 2021, 20:57   #31
BHPian

Re: Which new car for 45 lakhs?

Is 45l ex showroom or on road expectation ?

At your budget after all discounts the 330i sport will be your best option.
However if you are open to the idea of a demo car, why don’t you try for a m sport 330i if it is less than 6-8 months and less than 5000kms run. Those additional features are worth it. Plus if you get a good deal you can use the additional money for bsi packages.
I’m sure many people here will discourage getting a demo car, especially the sporty 330 which is likely to have seen acceleration abuse but in the big 3 brands it hardly feels used. They are pretty solidly engineered. Just check the under chassis and suspension.

We got a 6 month 7000kms run e250d w213 for 15l lesser than the new car in 2014 instead of the bmw 320d we had in plan. It has completed 75000kms and after 6 years now is running like clockwork.

Between m- sport and sport, you might miss those added features in 2-3 years especially if you are planning to keep your car for 6-7 years. I am doing for my Jeep now. So just throwing in this idea

https://www.bmwusedcars.in/buy-used-...ies/16360.html

The link I’ve posted is for sport but 2 months back I saw the m sport listed. So you’ll have to be on the lookout.
And though it might overshoot your budget slightly the lwb 3 might start coming in another 3-4 months
spkrnh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th April 2021, 09:09   #32
Team-BHP Support

I would suggest the 330i. A 330i will be fun to drive with the 250+ bhp engine and the quick ZF8 gearbox. And BMWs are much reliable compared to other cars in the list.

As you do long road trips, I would avoid the XE. During the decision making process of buying my 330i GT, I had considered the XE as well. I got feedback from a few Jaguar owners that the cars are not reliable and when some breakdown happens, the cars have to wait at the dealership for at least a month for spare parts to arrive. I immediately dropped the XE from my list.
graaja is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th April 2021, 09:37   #33
BHPian

I strongly suggest you should go for the 330i M-Sport. Since that variant has been around for a while now, you can get a good discount on that. Also, if you can extend your budget, do consider the 330Li M-Sport as well. For that money you get the amazing 360 degree camera from BMW & HUD among other things. I would not suggest to go for the C-Class as the new gen has been revealed globally and we can expect a launch in India in 2022 probably. Don’t go for the A4, your money will be worth it more on a superb/new octavia.
NarediAni7518 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th April 2021, 09:53   #34
BHPian

On the onset there are 2 serious car buyers on this 45Lac car buying thread, I'll list below as follows:

1. @familytraveller: you have 2 growing up boys, get the most VFM luxury SUV in this price bracket the Fortuner.

You'll not regret your decision even after many years.

2. @Amg1: Arre bhai why jump from a sedan to another sedan, (wohi dasturkhwan ki biryani, change the taste try Idris ki biryanihave a heart, give your parents a neta type badi gaadi (I'm sure your mother's kitty party friends will envy her).
For lucknow I'll suggest Fortuner too.

For both the above queries, also TD the Legander.

Happy shopping.

Regards
Vinod_nair is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th April 2021, 10:36   #35
BHPian

Hello Bhpians,

We were in the same dilemma too. We had a budget of up to 50lakhs for a luxury brand too. There was no stock for the C class and 330i sport variant. Audi A4 was available and was giving good discounts. Infact we are taking delivery of it tomorrow. Except for it's front wheel drive, it has everything going for it. 330i lacked ambient lighting and Apple CarPlay which I wanted. A4 is not exactly a drivers car but as a family car it is a great all rounder.
sharan1988 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th April 2021, 13:30   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinod_nair View Post
On the onset there are 2 serious car buyers on this 45Lac car buying thread, I'll list below as follows:

1. @familytraveller: you have 2 growing up boys, get the most VFM luxury SUV in this price bracket the Fortuner.

You'll not regret your decision even after many years.

2. @Amg1: Arre bhai why jump from a sedan to another sedan, (wohi dasturkhwan ki biryani, change the taste try Idris ki biryanihave a heart, give your parents a neta type badi gaadi (I'm sure your mother's kitty party friends will envy her).
For lucknow I'll suggest Fortuner too.

For both the above queries, also TD the Legander.

Happy shopping.

Regards
Yes, SUV would be a welcome change and something we do aspire, though GLC and X3 are not coming even below 50L (Our budget is 45L or 50L Max if we can get a really good SUV). Parents don't like Ladder Frame SUVs as they find them rough compared to Crossovers/Sedans and too tall to climb in. You are bang on the change of bodystyle ( After Biryani for so many years, would like my parents to try Raheems Nihari too )
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharan1988 View Post
Hello Bhpians,

We were in the same dilemma too. We had a budget of up to 50lakhs for a luxury brand too. There was no stock for the C class and 330i sport variant. Audi A4 was available and was giving good discounts. Infact we are taking delivery of it tomorrow. Except for it's front wheel drive, it has everything going for it. 330i lacked ambient lighting and Apple CarPlay which I wanted. A4 is not exactly a drivers car but as a family car it is a great all rounder.
Congratulations on your wonderful BuyWish you many happy Miles! Do treat us with an ownership review.

BMW Lucknow says no stock for regular 330i Sport now, just like what you mentioned. I feel, they are pushing people towards Gran Limo, sadly no discounts on them.

Can you please share the discounts and deal you got on your A4? Info would be very helpful to me.
Old 11th April 2021, 16:36   #37
Senior - BHPian

Audi A4 !

Timeless design, Awesome interiors , better built than the 3 , feature laden , boot space will be great for your trips - for the BMW there is no boot space at all.

And does a 37~40 lacs OTR for the A4 sound sweet ?

Last edited by normally_crazy : 11th April 2021 at 16:38.
normally_crazy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th April 2021, 20:11   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Just some thoughts for further confusion:
AutocarIndia reviewed the new GLA. This seems like a promising contender + will also be the reason customers will see a heavily discounted Q2 & X1 in the future.

Similarly the launch of the new C towards the end of the year is what will make BMW discount the 320D a bit more, though the 330i has carved out its own market.

That being said, I believe Audi discounts are at their peak. So if you're interested in one, it could be a good time to buy (₹12-14L off on A4, 15-18L off on the A6).
These cars, though not as big on brand value in India (not globally) offer very good all round packages if you can stomach their service quality.
lamborghini is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 11th April 2021, 21:42   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Audi A4 !

Timeless design, Awesome interiors , better built than the 3 , feature laden , boot space will be great for your trips - for the BMW there is no boot space at all.

And does a 37~40 lacs OTR for the A4 sound sweet ?
37~40 lacs OTR for the A4 definitely sounds sweet!! If it is okay, can you share details of which dealership/contact is offering such a good price? This might help me close the car purchase process once for all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
Just some thoughts for further confusion:
AutocarIndia reviewed the new GLA. This seems like a promising contender + will also be the reason customers will see a heavily discounted Q2 & X1 in the future.

Similarly the launch of the new C towards the end of the year is what will make BMW discount the 320D a bit more, though the 330i has carved out its own market.

That being said, I believe Audi discounts are at their peak. So if you're interested in one, it could be a good time to buy (₹12-14L off on A4, 15-18L off on the A6).
These cars, though not as big on brand value in India (not globally) offer very good all round packages if you can stomach their service quality.
That's a very attractive discount! Request to please share the dealership/contact details so that I may contact them for A4.

Last edited by vb-saan : 12th April 2021 at 08:59. Reason: merging back to back posts
AMG1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2021, 08:47   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG1 View Post
37~40 lacs OTR for the A4 definitely sounds sweet!! If it is okay, can you share details of which dealership/contact is offering such a good price? This might help me close the car purchase process once for all.

That's a very attractive discount! Request to please share the dealership/contact details so that I may contact them for A4.

Request to MODS: Apologies for Back to Back posts. Request to please merge posts.
That was in Mumbai - dont know about Lucknow. Will get the details
normally_crazy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th April 2021, 23:03   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FamilyTraveller View Post
Hi, I am looking at buying a new car. Budget is around 45 Lakhs. Looking at Luxury brands only inspite of being aware of value that Superb, Octavia, Camry, Jeep etc give.

Hence our inclination towards sedan. I have shortlisted XE~330i>>C>>>A4 in the same order of preference.

My questions
1. Any other car that I should look at?

Thanks for your help
While I understand you are looking at sedans, I would suggest considering the luxury SUVs. They offer a lot more practicality which is needed for family trips, example higher ground clearance is needed on the roads less traveled.

Had the same budget and dilemma in 2019. Finally went ahead for the X1 over the F30 3 series. While it doesn't have a RWD and doesn't offer the stability/low drag the 3 would have offered, it has all the punch that you would need on Indian roads with the practicality.
sid_deb is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th April 2021, 17:55   #42
BHPian

I read your thread and that you prefer one of the 4 luxury brands you have mentioned. Just a completely lateral thing that is currently still available is the Octavia RS245. There still are a few cars left and with the newer Octavia coming are being offered for crazy discounts. You can get as good a car if not better than the ones mentioned by you for just more than half of your budget. Skoda people are pretty good and can get the car from a different state if you want it. I would definitely get it if I was in your place.

Last edited by Amsdoc : 20th April 2021 at 17:56.
Old 20th April 2021, 19:17   #43
BHPian

Sir guessing from your needs and budget, you need a car with maximum available space since your primary ideas are for weekend getaways and Long Drives. With two almost teens, a sedan would seem like a choice because of the appeal or performance offered at the cost of comfort. Kids are bound to grow! And getaways mean loads of luggage.
I’m sorry to point out that at the budget (I presume on road price), the cars available are quite limited and to get a comfortable car from the luxury segment would require you to stretch the budget by a minimum of another 15 to 20 lakhs. Please excuse me if I’m wrong. But this is the market analysis as per me. The best offering at this price would be to go with BMW X1, if you’re considering only those “brands”.
It comes at quite a shockers that the price of vehicles have gone up very high. And for 45L where A4 S Line was available in 2016 has gone up to about 58L! I remember a friend of mine saying he bought a bike for about a lakh recently. Thought it would be a Yamaha Fz or Suzuki Gixxer. But turned out to be a Honda SP shine 125!
Well getting back the point, for the suggested budget and requirement, X1 diesel would suit your needs. If you’re keeping an open choice, you can checkout VW Tiguan Allspace, Toyota Fortuner Legender variant. If you’re inclined towards sedans, Skoda Superb would be a good fit or the Octavia vRS if you’re seeking for performing!
Anyways happy hunting!
Aravind_M92 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th April 2021, 21:48   #44
BHPian

For your requirement a 330i would be my pick...or if you can stretch it a BMW 520D (or 530D if you get lucky) which is possible given the discounts currently going on.

Good luck !
motorotor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st April 2021, 12:11   #45
BHPian

I was in the same boat as you while picking up the car 2 years back, although instead of 1 longish trip the trips are smaller distances already did a 3000km+ roadtrip this year. I also picked up 5yr/100k kms compact plus package for the same reason.

My suggestions would be ,
1) 330i
2) upcoming GLA which is newest on the block launching in coming months, i love the interiors of Merc over Bmw who knows i might have picked it up over C220d id it was available. Extra GC does no harm and lot of hilly areas would be doable and it will be more car like drive. Though spare tyre is a bummer and eats up a lot of luggage space, i hope they place in well in GLA unlike C.

New C when launched next year will be way too expensive over your initial budget and by the time discounts kick in it will be a timeless wait.

If you choosing Audi, might as well extend to buy A6 with extra leg space , Fantastic Audio, better engine and amazing discounts till stocks last.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks