Team-BHP > What Car?

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2021, 17:51   #46
BHPian

Re: Ford India Exit - Should I buy a new Ford at a heavy discount?

I enquired on behalf of a friend with almost 15 dealers across 4-5 states and none have a ready EcoSport. Except for one or two cars in Belgaum and Nagercoil. That too no discounts whatsoever and people are fighting for bookings. Its like first come, first serve. That's how bad the scene is. If anyone has hopes of getting a handsome discount on a Ford, I doubt you might get more than the usual discounts (no chance of 6 digit discounts though). Heck, the dealer told me that company itself is closed, how can we give corporate discount. Those who really want to own a new Ford, it's going to be very tough.

On the flipside, there are lots of Ford cars in the used car market now.
jithin23 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th September 2021, 18:39   #47
BHPian

I went to order fuel pump assembly at a ford service station as it needs to be replaced on my 9 year old Fiesta AT. They did not have it in stock even at Bhiwandi or Chennai. They asked me to pay deposit of Rs 15000 just to check if the part will be available in near future.

Last edited by vb-saan : 15th September 2021 at 05:35. Reason: typo
RajeevSharma is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th September 2021, 19:08   #48
BHPian

It depends on your usage I guess. For me personally, I have been eyeing an Endeavour for the longest time but with Covid, this became a dream as it was not financially prudent and way out of my budget. Hopefully, now I can come across an Endeavour new or pre-worshipped that fits my budget better.

My car usage is quite demanding given that I am in civil services and generally whenever there is a problem be it flooding or a storm we are the ones who are expected to be on the field. Without a proper maintenance infrastructure in place, people like me who would demand a tough usage from the car would be somewhat dissuaded. I am still not convinced how pragmatic such a purchase might be.

On the other hand, if you use your car more lightly e.g. mini city runs 15-20 kms a day, I don't see that big of a problem IMHO. A friend of mine still drives his Fusion (2005 model I think) for daily 15/20 kms office commutes and has been perfectly happy maintaining his car with a local garage all these years. This might not be the case with newer more complex cars like the Endeavour though.

I am still trying to rationalize my decision of doing something like this... It can either be one of the best deals I come across or the worst
AKSarkar1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2021, 20:04   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastdriver View Post
I was very much keen to go for the EcoSport BS6 Diesel S variant.
Hi, it's a matter of heart over head but as an Aspire BS4 Tdci owner with 1lakh km plus on the road, I would not recommend going for the BS6 Ecosport diesel. I enjoy excellent relations with the service team @Chand Ford and have been informed of the DPF issues unofficially. Moreover this dealer doesn't have any new vehicles in stock unless they are demo or rejected vehicles.
However, you may look into preowned Ecosports to live out your dreams.
Happy motoring and safe driving.

Last edited by BlackPearl : 14th September 2021 at 20:20. Reason: Broken quotes. Thanks.
eyedocgb is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th September 2021, 20:33   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyocean View Post
Ford was bleeding money from many years, and this decision to shut down operations was a well planned one.

So its no surprise that people are not able to get so called huge discounts or even find cars in the stock yard.

1) Check their sales numbers for the past few months. Some cars were in two digits or at max three, now count the number of ford dealers in India. This means most dealers did not sell any cars at all, so the question of finding one in the stockyard is super thin.
2) Well executed strategy of keeping the media on the heels by testing the new Ecosport, release of Figo AT, just to keep the positivity flowing. I'm sure this was done to realize the bookings into orders of whatever was left in the backlog.
3) If you all remember Ford was one of the first to shut down production citing Chip shortage in January. This would have lead to poor bookings in the first place. So question of over production/cancellation doesn't arise. Maybe this was their exit strategy kicking in?
4) The news of 1000 cars pending in stock is over exaggerated. It was not Fords official statement. Automobile Associations can have put forward anything in a press release, no one questions their numbers.

Before thinking of picking up a new Ford, please speak to Chevy owners and their plight, or simply ask yourself a question "Where was the last time you saw a Chevy service center or even their cars?". So basically No cars, No big discounts, No future promises from dealership, Advent of electric cars to further dent the resale of fossil fuel cars are clear indicators to stay away from a new Ford for the faint hearted.

Yes. Rightly mentioned . There are no new cars at all anywhere across the country. Only a few demo cars from the dealership and that too with about INR 1.5 lakhs as discount for all the use / abuse by the dealers and customers. I think its best to drop the idea of buying pre owned cars since the users would not be interested in throwing the prices nor viable for the person buying it.
Since most of them would be interested in seeing their cars worth and enjoying till it lasts. A very few cars would probably change hands at this juncture !!
Old 14th September 2021, 23:24   #51
BHPian

Shared by a friend working in Kairali Ford.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford India Exit - Should I buy a new Ford at a heavy discount?-kairali.jpg  

SYAM is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th September 2021, 08:02   #52
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYAM View Post
Shared by a friend working in Kairali Ford.
This kind of advertisement with Mumbai & Delhi dealer names are doing rounds in social media for the past two days.
Old 15th September 2021, 22:43   #53

I was in the same boat, hoping to buy a Ford at least 30% discount ex-showroom but all i was offered was an extra 10k discount from the earlier 35k that i was offered 4 months earlier. They are saying we do not have much stock of the lower-priced vehicles but are stuck with 10 Endeavours. So one might get a good deal on them.

I am from Kolkata & if anyone gets a good deal on freestyle or aspire do let me know, i would be interested in picking one up. Diesel would be the preferred choice.
Old 16th September 2021, 19:56   #54
BHPian

Heard from a reliable source that Ford 150 Raptor Mustang Mach E Focus Branco etc cars are getting imported to India soon. If it is true, it is a real good news for Ford enthusiasts
Old 16th September 2021, 21:54   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeevSharma View Post
I went to order fuel pump assembly at a ford service station as it needs to be replaced on my 9 year old Fiesta AT. They did not have it in stock even at Bhiwandi or Chennai. They asked me to pay deposit of Rs 15000 just to check if the part will be available in near future.
Why don't you give Boodmo a try?

https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-ba619h307ab-22211078/

Paying deposit to a dealer that may or may not be open in the near future is not a great idea IMHO. Please let me know how it goes, all the best.

Last edited by anandtheleo : 16th September 2021 at 21:56. Reason: Link pasted
Old 5th October 2021, 23:43   #56
Senior - BHPian

Any update on current discounts on Ecosport Diesel Titanium and Sports variant?

I’ve a 2013 EcoSport Diesel Titanium+ which has clocked over 1.85L kilometres and still running on the original clutch. I love the fact that it is built like a tank and drives like a beast. Titanium+ Doors are heavier than other trim levels from the same generation and even heavier than the previous generation Endeavour.

I’ve contemplated the Seltos and Creta but none of them inspires the safety aspect as EcoSport does. The current generation EcoSport might not be the same strong built as the first generation but I’m sure it’s way better than the competition.

The only requirement is a peppy Diesel since I drive 70 kilometres daily, a Turbo Petrol will be a pocket burner and NA Petrol in 1.5L segment doesn’t feel fun to drive.

I live in Delhi and maintaining the car from Ford and even otherwise won’t be a trouble.

Lastly, how severe is the DPF issue? I know it has been a matter of concern but if it’s manageable, I would be willing to go ahead.

Thanks!

Last edited by tsk13 : 5th October 2021 at 23:55.
tsk13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2021, 07:22   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
Any update on current discounts on Ecosport Diesel Titanium and Sports variant?
From what I have heard, buyers are trying to lap up available Ecosports. I dont think discounts will be available for an in-demand vehicle.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2021, 16:20   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
From what I have heard, buyers are trying to lap up available Ecosports. I dont think discounts will be available for an in-demand vehicle.
Thanks, Condor!

Just had a word with few dealers in the North, EcoSport Diesel is no longer in stock and one Dealer had Petrol AT apart from SE, discount being 80k-1L.
Old 6th October 2021, 16:31   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
Just had a word with few dealers in the North, EcoSport Diesel is no longer in stock and one Dealer had Petrol AT apart from SE, discount being 80k-1L.
Decision made a bit easier, I guess ?

Btw, my cousin had his eye on a ES diesel from a lil before the announcement. He managed to get a diesel immediately after the announcement, though it had to be brought to Belgaum from Kolhapur. Happy guy, him.
Old 8th October 2021, 15:55   #60
Senior - BHPian

This is a whats app message that's doing the rounds now. At the outset, it appears to be a fake one. The discounts are too unrealistic. Endeavour for 26 lakhs OTR, Ecosport for 6.5 lakhs and so on. AFAIK, there are hardly any dealers having an inventory of Ford vehicles.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford India Exit - Should I buy a new Ford at a heavy discount?-img20211008wa0046.jpg  

Last edited by Bibendum90949 : 8th October 2021 at 15:59.
Bibendum90949 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed