Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2021, 10:56   #16
BHPian

re: Used Automatic car | Budget 5-6 lakhs

3rd Gen Citys (2010-2014) or a sample from the initial batch of Ciaz's (2014-15) can satisfy your friend's requirements.

If the dude can stretch his budget by 1L, he can get 2016-18 make City/Ciaz, which makes a strong case in itself.

What works in their favour -
1. Both of them are reliable
2. Fuss-free to own and to maintain
3. Easy availability of spares
4. Cheap to up-keep for long.

Plus, a segment or 2 higher from the options mentioned above (Celerio/Jazz/Micra) etc.

Happy hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadMonkey View Post
A '15 Ciaz AT run 60k is available at ~6L, he's very tempted by that. Should it be considered? I've told him yes!
Too high a price for a 6 year old car with heavy usage.

A bit more of narrow-down hunt can lead you to samples with <40K kms on the odo. IMO, any car with >50K on the odo should generally be avoided, unless if the buyer knows the car in and out.

Regards,
Jigar Shah

Last edited by jigar1791@gmail : 14th October 2021 at 10:57. Reason: text missing
Old 14th October 2021, 12:14   #17

Your friend should really consider a pre face-lift(2014 to 2016) grand i10 automatic. My family owns one and it has been very reliable for the past 6 years that we have owned. He can easily get a low run grand i10 for under 5 lakhs. The car has a conventional AT even though it's a 4 speed. The 1.2l kappa engine is very reliable and if he can get hold of the Asta variant it's loaded even by today's standards such as engine start stop,an non touch screen music system with Bluetooth and hands free calling, steering mounted controls etc. Hyundai after sales service is also excellent.The only negative about the i10 is the mileage which u can expect it to give 10 kmpl max in the city if your lucky. If mileage isn't a concern heshould definitely look at this car

Regards
petrolhead345
Old 14th October 2021, 12:17   #18
BHPian

My suggestions :
1. Honda City
2. Honda Civic - > 2011 model
3. Nissan Micra
4. Honda Brio - but negligible but space.
5. Ford Figo
6. Ford Ecosport.
casnov is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2021, 16:57   #19
BHPian

My suggestions will be any Japanese/ Korean for the reliability factor with used cars
He may go with
1 Honda Jazz CVT: Perfect city car and a lot peppier than Amaze CVT despite the same engine and gear box combo. Okish highway manners.
2 Honda Amaze CVT: Better mileage than Jazz but a little sluggish. Also the built quality is little poorer than Jazz
3 Suzuki Baleno CVT: Again a reliable car and will find many good options in used car market
4 Hyundai Grande i10 AT: comes with 4 Speed AT. Good city car with Okish highway manners due to lack of 5th clog
5 Honda Brio AT: Since it’s discontinued will suggest against it
6 If he is ok with MT then Toyota Etios liva is a very reliable car with good highway manners
7 Ford Figo AT: Every thing is good about the car except the prefix ‘FORD’

Stay away from Tata/VW. Reliability is questionable beyond 4-5 years ( no offence to any owners)

Last edited by Aditya : 15th October 2021 at 04:50.
bravo82in is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2021, 01:33   #20
BHPian

The best option for him would be the Jazz. Sure, it is not an enthusiastic car, but based on what you have mentioned, your friend does not seem to be looking for one. Jazz has the reliability, comfort and comes with the min ABS and 2 Air-Bags required. you can easily get a good example for the budget quoted.
Old 15th October 2021, 13:05   #21
BHPian

I would recommend Nissan Micra, it has butter smooth CVT helps with effortless drives in the city and not bad on highways (76 bhp and 104 nm).

It has got well-designed quality interiors, 251 liters boot, driver airbag standard across the range and top variant gets 4 airbags, filled with gizmos like keyless entry & go, engine start / stop button, electric folding mirrors, LED tail-lamps etc

I think it's a worthy contender in your search criteria.
Old 15th October 2021, 19:32   #22

I was in the same boat since my wife started learning driving. She insists on driving automatics, so I sold my Honda Brio 2012 V MT and purchased a Nissan Micra XV 2016 CVT. Very happy with the update (Not sure if I can call it an upgrade) and my left leg and left hand are wondering what to do!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks