Team-BHP > What Car?

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2022, 19:59   #46
BHPian

Re: Confused between the Maruti S-Cross AT and Honda City CVT

Mod note: Trimming Quoted post, please avoid Quoting entire large post for short replies. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steer-safe View Post
I am on same boat have as well. Tool test drive Of Scross , city, hector, both Astor, creta, Nexon, safari,magnite , sonet and seltos. All test drives combined bad road, speed breaker and long express way( Delhi Meerut express way).
=========
So am stuck and have requested test drive from Kushaq and Slavia when available. Let's see how it goes.
Steer-safe: If you don’t have any specific inclination towards the SUV, you can go for Slavia as Engine and transmissions are going to be same. Slavia will come with Digital cockpit. So interiors will be impressive for sure. But that’s again a personal choice.

Last edited by Aditya : 19th November 2022 at 20:03. Reason: Trimming Quoted post, please avoid Quoting entire large post for short replies; Typos.
Kaus2002 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th February 2022, 20:43   #47

Today the sales person gave me below quote.

[2/7, 10:57] +91 84478 65367: Goodmorning sir
[2/7, 11:04] Gaurav: Morning
[2/7, 11:44] +91 84478 65367: Slavia (Ex-Showroom prices) In lacs.

Ambition MT - 12.50 to 12.75
Ambition AT - 13.50 to 13.75
Style MT 1.0 - 14.50 to 14.75
Style AT 1.0 - 15.50 to 16
Style MT 1.5 - 16.50 to 17
Style DSG 1.5 - 18 to 18.50

[2/7, 12:34] Gaurav: Is this official price list

[2/7, 12:38] +91 84478 65367: Tentative exshowroom h sir very expensive than. City or across.

Last edited by Turbanator : 5th May 2022 at 07:55. Reason: edited for better reading.
Steer-safe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2022, 00:04   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steer-safe View Post
Today the sales person gave me below quote. It seems Slavia is going to [2/7, 10:57] +91 84478 65367: Goodmorning sir
Hey steer-safe thank you for the prompt update, I am eyeing the Ambition AT variant and at that price i think it will be very tempting for me.
Although I would advise you to hide the contact information as it is a public forum.
Cheers

Last edited by Aditya : 19th November 2022 at 20:02. Reason: Trimmed the quoted post
Old 5th May 2022, 02:09   #49
BHPian

Seeking advice for my sister ,She is planning to buy a car which should be in the range of 8-10l OTR and they have considered buying the swift in zxi trim and breeza in vxi trim. So can you people advice any other good car in the given price bracket

Their requirements are listed below:
1. The car should be frugal and should be easy to maintain.
2. They are planning to keep it for a longer duration so they are expecting the car to reliable with minimum issues.
3. Car should return decent resale value whenever they plan to sell it.
4.The engine should have enough grunt and should be able to cruise at highway speeds because the usage would be 60:40, 60 would be in the city and 40 on the highway.
5.Next generation brezza is around the corners but looking at the pricing of the new XL-6 waiting for the new brezza wouldn't be sensible decision because that will go beyond the mentioned price bracket, what do you guys suggest?
Old 19th November 2022, 16:17   #50

Confused between a sedan and a csuv/crossover

Hi All,

This is my first post after being added as a member of the teambhp club and would like to thank you from the bottom of my hearts for the add.

I am looking to upgrade from my 2015 model swift vxi to a better car with better safety, handling and overall features since a long time, my main usage would be occasional city drives and frequent long drives to my home town about (700 kms) hence needed a car that would offer long drive comfort, power on demand and reasonable features for the co-passengers to enjoy the drive.

with these requirements in mind I test drove the following cars

1.Hyundai Venue
2.Maruti Brezza
3.Ford ecosport(before ford announced its exit)
4.Renault duster(Before renault announced pausing the model)
5.Tata nexon
6.Xuv 300 (tgdi and the older petrol variant)
7.Maruti scross
8. VW taigun
9.Skoda Kushaq
10. Honda city.

Shortlisted the following from the above list
1.Honda city 5th gen vx manual
2.Xuv 300 TGDI petrol
3.Volkswagen Taigun

Now when I test drove the honda city I loved the value for the money it offers and did not think twice before booking the car, I loved its interiors, the power on offer, the suspension setup and overall aesthetics of the car barring the front chrome work.

Now the confusion
My wife who also happened to be with me on all of the test drives is of the opinion that city would be more difficult to maneuver in a bangalore traffic and the ground clearance the city offers might pose some trouble down the road as well and it would have been nice if we go for a compact car like the xuv 300 or taigun , I really liked the xuv and taigun also. Now I know that the Honda city is a very capable car and no csuvs or sub 4 meter cars would give me the driving comfort it offers but the point of contention here is the capability of a car for which we are shelling out almost 17 lakh rupees.

I would humbly request our fellow bhpians to guide me out of this dilemma which is giving me sleepless nights, thanks in advance !!!
Old 19th November 2022, 17:37   #51
Senior - BHPian

Re: Confused between a sedan and a csuv/crossover

It really ought to be quite simple. You need to decide for yourself whether you value the ease of driving a compact SUV or the superior dynamic ability of a sedan. No one else can help you make that choice. If your wife wants something that is easy to maneuver in town and can handle the rough stuff, then why not buy yourself the City and get her a small Maruti hatchback like the A-Star or Zen The lightweight nature of a small maruti will mean that it can run circles around any of the CSUVs that you have mentioned when the going gets rough.

Last edited by IshaanIan : 19th November 2022 at 17:39.
Old 19th November 2022, 17:41   #52
BANNED

Re: Confused between a sedan and a csuv/crossover

If you are stretching to Taigun, then you should also look at Grand Vitara, Creta, Seltos.

German Engineering is good but suits them well not us. Go for reliable Japaneese brand.

Taigun is smaller compared to its segment rivals. Even Brezza has an imposing presence than the VAG twins.

Say NO to sedan. They are history now. Personally, me being 6ft, find it irritating to sit in a Honda City.
Travel Bright is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2022, 08:32   #53

I do not have much to add here but I agree with one thing, sedans are story and glory of the past now. If you want ease of driving everywhere along with peace of mind, go for crossover, csuv or suv. They will serve you better.

Most Viewed