Wait for Tucson 11 5.12%
Wait for Kodiaq L&K 18 8.37%
Wait for 330i Sport LCI 44 20.47%
Try S60 before making a choice 10 4.65%
Just wait for 2023 hoping the production constraints will disappear 32 14.88%
Voters: 215. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2022, 20:55   #31

Re: The 35 - 50 lakh price bracket conundrum | Which car for an enthusiast?

You must test drive and consider the Toyota Camry. It is an excellent sedan with good mix of power and comfort. It meets all your requirements, plus it comes with front ventilated seats, which are a must in our weather.
shaileshmendon is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2022, 21:03   #32

First post, so please forgive and correct any mistakes. I would vote for the 330i, but also have you considered the a-class. I am biased towards the 3 star, but suggest a TD once.
Old 3rd April 2022, 01:03   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

I would suggest the new Mercedes-Benz GLA 220d or 220d 4Matic.

Has much better legroom at the rear compared to the previous generation GLA. The interiors feel brand new compared to the competition since it’s a new generation model.

The cabin feels top notch and quality levels are right up there at the top.
Old 3rd April 2022, 05:40   #34
BHPian

I would suggest you go for the Camry, It fits exactly into your requirements and will keep you happy for the next 10 years. Some points in favour of the Camry:

1. It has more power on paper when compared to the superb and Octavia.
2. the interiors are modern and plush
3. would be a reliable car and the maintenance would be easy on the pocket
4. unlike the old generations of the Camry the new Camry is a step up in almost all aspects.
5. Handling has improved so is the ride quality, Camry is no more a boring car to drive.

Last edited by Turbanator : 3rd April 2022 at 06:27. Reason: typos and spacing, please proofread.
zaid qazi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th April 2022, 09:03   #35
BHPian

I'd suggest one of the following :

1) 2019+ BMW 520d G30
2) Brand new Toyota Camry hybrid

You may also be able to get a G30 530d but it would be 2017-2018 one. So if it's well maintained, you can try your luck.

Out of these BMW will be the most fun to drive but maintenance will be lot more expensive than Camry. This generation of BMW 5 series got the updated B47/B57 diesel engines which are fairly reliable if maintained well. In the longer run, you will have to spend money on EGR and DPF as these tend to clog up after certain kms.
If I need to go German route, I'd pick BMW anyday over a VW/Skoda junk. The latter will just fall apart with lakhs and lakhs of repair bills in as low as 5-6 years and imo is simply not worth the time and hassle.

The Toyota Camry continues to be the indestructible with the Toyota badge. The newer Camrys also get the battery cooling fan filter which should be cleaned once in a while and all the fears associated with battery replacement cost will vanish. However it will not be a fun car to drive like the 5 series but will be a better cruiser if you plan long distance trips often. Also it's a much much better back seat car.
Old 21st May 2022, 22:52   #36

I didn't feel like starting a new thread because I am in the same boat as SR-71, but with a budget of 35 lakhs. Looking for an upgrade from Ford EcoSport Diesel 2015.

After much research and reading reviews, I have narrowed it down to two options : Skoda Octavia L&K and Jeep Compass Model S 4x4 Diesel.

Having done the test drive of Jeep Compass, here's what I observed,
1. Built like a tank
2. Ride and Handling top notch.
3. AT gearbox a bit laggy in traffic.
4. Rear seat space a bit small compared to competition.

I'm yet to test drive the Octavia which is due on Monday. But from what I see, Octavia is more fun to drive and is a great package overall.

This car will be used during weekends and trips, so I don't mind if it's a sedan or an SUV, unless ground clearance of Octavia is a problem.

Not able to decide which one to get. Am I missing something here? Suggestions would be much appreciated.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks