Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2022, 23:09   #1

New cheap car for factory runs

Hello Bhpians
I am looking to buy a new car for my daily factory trips. My daily running will be around 70 kms. My budget is 7-8 lakh rupees.
I do not wish to take my 2021 MG hector CVT sharp to my factory on account of the extremely narrow and broken roads there, as well the rough driving of my driver. The hector is for my personal and family usage only .
I want a reliable and hardy car that can be easily repaired and is fuel efficient. The car needs to have basic creature comforts such as central locking and airbags+abs. Good quality ride is a must since the roads are in a terrible shape where I have to travel everyday.
The car need not be fancy since it will be parked at my factory and it’s sole duty is factory runs but at the same time, it should be decent enough to be comfortable over long rides and to not make me feel like a cheapster in front of other unit owners in my industrial park.
I was thinking of the following options:
1. Maruti Dzire VXI 2022
2. Honda Amaze S manual
3. Maruti Baleno Delta 2022
4. Hyundai i10 nios

I am leaning towards the Dzire because of its legendary reliability and Fuel efficiency. It seems to have the best resale value too since I will be keeping the car long enough that it’s next replacement will have to be electric.

Any and all suggestions are open. I don’t want any used cars recommendations though.
mpod11 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st April 2022, 00:11   #2
BHPian

re: New cheap car for factory runs

Since you have added i10 nios to one of the choices, please have a look at the Tata Punch as well. It's stylish, looks great, has decent ground clearance for the broken roads, and has a commanding view.
My choice will be in the below order.
1. Tata Punch
2. Toyota Glanza/Tata Altroz
3. Honda Amaze (low ground clearance)
4. MS Dzire (low ground clearance)
AGupta is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 21st April 2022, 00:39   #3
BHPian

Since you are looking for basic features along with safety, any reasons why you have not considered lower mid variants of the compact SUV's ? I would definitely recommend to look at :

1)Nexon
2)Magnite
3)Kiger
4)Punch

Mid variants for all the above mentioned vehicle's offer good safety with basic features. Additionally, Tata Altroz could also be a good option.
Old 21st April 2022, 00:55   #4
Senior - BHPian

Do TD the Tiago/Tigor before discounting. Sturdier and safer than the Dzire but not even close in refinement or FE.
For FE you'll have to look at the CNG versions if you like the car otherwise.

Outside of this, from your shortlist, the Baleno gets my vote over the Dzire unless you need bootspace.
shancz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st April 2022, 02:11   #5
Senior - BHPian

The Amaze fits the bill perfectly so does the Dzire like someone else mentioned, why not look into lower variants of crossovers? The Vitara Brezza is the most popular car for such duties and rightfully so I believe.
IshaanIan is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2022, 08:03   #6
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: New cheap car for factory runs

You should strongly consider the Tiago / Tigor CNG. Cheap running costs, you have a driver so he can endure the waiting time at the CNG pump, sorted suspension, good safety and most of all, an extremely well-executed CNG kit.

Click here to read our review (Tata Tiago CNG Review).
GTO is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 21st April 2022, 08:59   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Don’t bother with the fragile Marutis. Get yourself a Tata Punch, which is well built, efficient and rides comfortably over bad roads. An out of the box suggestion can be the Mahindra Bolero Neo. It is as tough as they come, very easy and cheap to maintain, and the 1500cc engine is very efficient. Low speed ride quality is also totally acceptable.
Shreyans_Jain is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 21st April 2022, 10:56   #8
BHPian

I would suggest to check out the following 3 options having high ground clearance for bad roads:

1. Tata Punch
2. Tata Nexon (base/mid variants)
3. Bolero Neo (base/mid variants)
Knightrider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2022, 11:30   #9
Senior - BHPian

I would also like to add Ignis to the list of contenders. In 8 lakhs you can get the Zeta variant which is decently loaded.
AkMar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2022, 12:04   #10
Senior - BHPian

Get one of the Renaults, good suspension for bad roads. And sack your driver if he drives badly.
hserus is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2022, 16:19   #11
BHPian

Dear mpod11,

Can I ask a question about why you've not listed any diesel vehicles here?

Considering 70kms per day 25 days a month and some other factory errands work out 2000 km a month. That demands diesel. You can opt for a manual transmission as you have a driver.

CNG would be good but it will occupy the boot space as well. You can look for the Amaze Diesel manual S Variant.

With some budget stretch and ongoing discounts, You can get one and it is a no-nonsense car.
Old 22nd April 2022, 18:33   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

This would be my order to check -
  1. Suzuki Ignis
  2. Tata Tigor CNG (Instead of Tiago, since you'll get more storage)
  3. Tata Altroz Diesel (If your budget allows)
  4. Suzuki Ciaz Sigma (Slight stretch in budget but insane space - you'll be a king in the back seat)
  5. Suzuki Dzire
  6. Tata Punch (If you don't find the looks odd)
  7. Tata Nexon Petrol XM

Last edited by Reinhard : 22nd April 2022 at 18:34.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2022, 21:51   #13

We bought the first batch of Tata Indica launched in 2000 and since then my family has totally been tataphobic. To say it was a horrible car would be an understatement.
It went to garage nearly 17 times in 4 years and we sold it for 10% of the original value!
Tata has improved by leaps and bounds but nobody has or is going to touch a Tata car in my house. Don’t think my dad and uncle would sanction me buying a Tata…
mpod11 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2022, 22:21   #14
BHPian

If you are keeping the car till your next car is EV, then by that time no matter what car you choose, resale value is going to be more or less same ( considering there are 10 odd years till EVs are mainstream). Cars with high resale value hold true to their depreciation benefits until 5-6 years only. More so that EVs will also impact ICE car resale value.

So take out resale value out of equation. Make ride quality, creature comforts , build quality, safety & mechanical reliability your top options.

Amaze seems to be a decent option for base model. Good back seat comfort and overall satisfactory build quality along with "Honda" reliability.
Hispaniola is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2022, 21:08   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpod11 View Post
I was thinking of the following options:
1. Maruti Dzire VXI 2022
2. Honda Amaze S manual
3. Maruti Baleno Delta 2022
4. Hyundai i10 nios

I am leaning towards the Dzire because of its legendary reliability and Fuel efficiency. It seems to have the best resale value too since I will be keeping the car long enough that it’s next replacement will have to be electric.

Any and all suggestions are open. I don’t want any used cars recommendations though.
Honda Amaze or Suzuki Dzire should fit the bill for your straightforward requirements. Diesel or Petrol is your personal choice but given your high daily running, a diesel makes more sense. Both these are no non-sense easy on pocket cars. You anyway have a much better luxurious and comfortable MG Hector for family needs.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 23rd April 2022 at 21:13.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks