Skoda Slavia 1.5 DSG 23 9.39%
Volkswagen Virtus 46 18.78%
Others (Please specify in your post) 15 6.12%
Voters: 245. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2022, 20:10   #31
BHPian

Re: Honda City Hybrid vs MG ZS EV vs Others

I would rather wait for the Maruti / Toyota hybrid SUV / Crossover product to be introduced rather than take any of the options above.

Sedans are slowly turning niche and with the kind of moon-like surfaces we call roads in our cities, SUVs are becoming mainstream. Proper or Pseudo SUVs are a preferred choice & for now a sensibly priced Hybrid SUV that is reliable & reasonable to maintain, is what is needed to help the masses start the walk from ICE to EV.

The above choices make sense to individuals with clearly defined parameters that outweigh the others. For the rest i.e. the masses who want their car to perform high or even above average on ALL factors, none of the above options cut it.
jeetumg27 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th May 2022, 17:48   #32
BHPian

Voted for Others.

At ₹20L budget (if I consider that as a benchmark), I would seriously consider going for Nexon EV Max with those awesome ventilated seats, regenerative braking and cruise control. With real world range of around 300 kms on a single charge, it will cater to 95% of my needs. A bit planning would be required ahead for those long trips which I think won't be a problem.

If you won't want to spend 20L on a compact SUV, next in line I would wait for the Toyota/Maruti upcoming Hybrid D22/YGF which would come with strong hybrid system. The top end model might cross ₹20L but I am hoping it would still be good without compromising the bootspace like Honda City Hybrid.

Next would be the upcoming Harrier/Safari Petrol simply for its looks and improved features list. Will love to see the mileage figures of this one and if it is powerful enough to run without any lag.

Last edited by souvikjana83 : 30th May 2022 at 18:05.
Old 30th May 2022, 19:06   #33
BHPian

Voted for Honda hybrid.

Yes it's priced higher than all but with city mileage of over 25kmpl you break even within 20k kms driven as compared to other petrol engines. The problem with other is the turbo petrols which are really really sensitive to driver inputs. So affects the mileage alot. So city runs can be single digit figures. And considering the rising temperatures and ac on full blast it does restrict the mileage a bit.

Secondly I would bet on Honda with regards to complex tech in the car as far as reliability is concerned over skoda and VW. The hybrid is a complex piece of tech. Would never even think of buying VAG hybrid if they do come up with one because of the reliability gremlins.

Yes enthusiasm in terms of driving matters but not at the cost of reliability and although with City hybrid it is said that adaptability is needed in driving style i like to think it this way. Say tomorrow I drive a F1 car, I would require huge changes in my driving style. Not saying city is an F1 car but in terms of driving adaptability certainly easy to achieve than an F1 car.
Regards
Laidbackakki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2022, 11:45   #34
Senior - BHPian

I don’t know why some are assuming honda hybrid will return figures of 20kmpl in city !!

Considering city like Bangalore, where regular city returns figures around 10-12kmpl, my guesstimate would be that this hybrid will return figure of 15-16 at the most and on highways the gap will be narrow with petrol honda city also returning good figures
Old 21st June 2022, 15:50   #35
BHPian

Honda City Hybrid is the only Hybrid car in 20 lacs price range apart from the high end luxury sedan Toyota Camry Hybrid which is almost double cost

Waiting for Toyota to launch Yarris hybrid and Corola Altis hybrid to compete with City Hybrid

Full Electrics are best for city driving and overnite charging at home parking with charging point provision without any public charging provision

Skoda Slavia and VW Virtus both are great for European car lovers with super build quality and great driveability

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks