Team-BHP > What Car?

Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2022, 11:58   #31
BHPian

Re: Used Fiat Avventura vs Toyota Etios Cross vs Ford Freestyle | Need a city runabout

Thanks for all the suggestions. I’ve booked a Aspire tdci from cars24 & will take a test drive of it on Sunday. Hope that everything goes fine and I can seal the deal.
Old 20th May 2022, 20:41   #32
BHPian

Re: Used Fiat Avventura vs Toyota Etios Cross vs Ford Freestyle | Need a city runabout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aakash118 View Post
Thanks for all the suggestions. I’ve booked a Aspire tdci from cars24 & will take a test drive of it on Sunday. Hope that everything goes fine and I can seal the deal.
All the best and wish you good luck, Aakash. Just as a customary note, as you by now would know the manufactured year of the Aspire TDCI, make sure to browse in the next 2 days of time you have to check was there any known issues and recalls made. You can verify and confirm the details once you find its a good one to own after test drive.
Balaji31582 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2022, 08:28   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aakash118 View Post
All the best with the deal. Also try to update the post with details on the vehicle (odo, colour, condition, etc ) and price of finalization.

Also with respect to the post above on recalls, i dont remember any specific recalls done on 1.5 TDCi (even after the bS6 dpf issues). If there are any, kindly share details for the benefit of others.
ChandraSekarMN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2022, 17:01   #34
BHPian

Test drove the Aspire yesterday and found the car to be in good condition. But what put me off was that the gearbox was quite notchy, seating was too low. Though the performance of 1.5 tdci was brilliant but the above two things stopped me from buying the car. As of now, the search continues.
Old 7th June 2022, 19:59   #35
Senior - BHPian

Another good option to look at is the Ignis diesel. A rare better built Maruti and the multijet diesel is a great engine. All this if you can get over it's looks of course!
Old 20th July 2023, 16:50   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitta Pradhan View Post
Look for S cross also. 2017 models are available in plenty. It will give you peace of mind and good FE.

From your listed cars, my pick will be Etios Cross.

Thanks
Great suggestion. I had do dig this reply from the past and quote it now since you mentioned "etios Cross". I've hardly found a single person who says they like the Etios cross.

I personally love how it looks (the Etios cross). Very bad looking interiors though, but One could definitely live with it.

Of course it was over priced for what it offered, but if one is buying it used, I guess it would be a great car.

IMO, Even if I want a no nonsense hatchback (which Etios Liva definitely is) I wouldn't pick a Etios Liva because it looks bland and boring. For that matter, Etios Cross atleast has something to look at (the front bumper addition, side claddings etc.)

It is surprising that everyone feels the added claddings to be totally useless! I mean, I wonder - doesn't it atleast prevent lower body scratches and dents? It is useful to some extent.

Most Viewed