Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2022, 17:40   #31
BHPian

Re: Unable to decide between a performance sedan or 4x4 SUV

Hello,

I would suggest go for Jeep Meridian, it's a new product, fantastic road presence, almost the same road presence as fortuner for a very less price comparatively. Built quality is fantastic and has a niche feel to it. 3rd row is anyways a joke and practically non usable.

2nd option according to me if you want a good brand car at around 80L then you can go for Porsche Macan base model for around 83L ex showroom or Bmw Z4 around 88L ex showroom if exotic is the thing for you. Both the cars will have an exclusivity factor to them.

Cheers!

Last edited by Sheel : 25th June 2022 at 10:13. Reason: Please do not use dots ......... like this in your post composition. Thanks.
SakJel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2022, 17:45   #32
BHPian

Your requirements screams the Endeavour 3.2. Try getting a used one. As it will cost less than half of your maximum budget, you can have that peace of mind that if anything goes wrong than it won't hurt your pocket as you didn't spend the maximum amount in just buying the car. Even for the next 4-5 years you should get good support from Ford India too or just find a reliable FNG and you're right on the path.
Phukan23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2022, 18:30   #33
BHPian

I believe Kodiaq is already sold out but you can consider it in case you can get it which fits most of these requirements.

Except Fortuner and to a little extent Diesel Thar, others will be depreciation disaster for your 2 year limited ownership. What kind of lease you are planning?
thanixravindran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2022, 18:58   #34
BHPian

I would really suggest to get a Thar, diesel or petrol. It has all the things you need, it is small enough to be a daily driver and you can have fun off-roading in the weekends, it is quick on the road too. You can customize it endlessly with some more money and make it standout in your college parking lot. Would make you the cool college kid
DIV17 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2022, 19:19   #35

I would suggest the Polo GTI but seeing that you've remarked in a previous post about it feeling cramped I've dropped it.
How about a used Octavia VRS? Since you were open to the idea of a M340i a VRS could also work, plus it's a very "If you know You know" kind of a car. I cannot comment on the GC aspect of things but I think it is manageable.
It also gives you scope to improve your driving skills and down the line truly appreciate what a car like the M340i can offer completely. You're my age and trust me we have loads of time to worry about GC later, for know enjoy what you want to: DRIVING! (Keeping horrible Bangalore roads in mind though)
F138 V8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2022, 19:26   #36
BHPian

Hi Azen,
It is very difficult to suggest one for you after reading your post.
You MUST take opinion of your parents who is going to buy it eventually. And I am sure their choice will be very practical.
Save money for now & you buy something which you really love, after may be 6-8 years.
Wish you best luck. Enjoy the Safe Ride.
AutoDowntowner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2022, 19:53   #37
BHPian

With the divergent and poles apart choices and preferences mentioned, I am kind of at loss how a stranger may predict what's best for you. Please don't take it in otherwise, choices need to be narrowed down to a category with some strong preferences mentioned (absolute must) for some one to suggest what might be good for you.
OffRoadFun is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th June 2022, 20:17   #38
BHPian

With 80L budget you can have best of both worlds. Buy a Thar and 330i, will cost the same as a M340i. I honestly don't think we have the roads and infrastructure to truly enjoy the M340i.
sid_deb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2022, 20:42   #39
BHPian

I may not be able to tell which one to buy but will tell you which one to not to buy. Do yourself a favor, strike out the BMW M340i or similar powered car, irrespective of the budget.

Indian roads are notorious death/accident traps, poorly designed and not meant to be enjoyed using M340i mostly, definitely not M340i types car for a 19 year old. And no, it is not because of safety concern for you(BMW will save you most likely), even bigger worry is a the virulent mess one can be in in case of an unfortunate event on road in BMW M340i driven by a novice 19 year old full with Adrenaline rush.
OffRoadFun is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th June 2022, 22:12   #40
BHPian

Jeep compass would be the best choice considering your need
You can go for top end diesel automatic or the trailhawk version
It's a great urban car while being decent offroader
Anikesh11 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2022, 00:47   #41
BHPian

I was in a similar situation 1.5 years ago unable to decide what car I wanted (torn between used sports cars to the likes of SUV's and pickups). Finally went with the Thar at the time of launch and have to say I have never regretted it. It's an amazing car for college, does it all and more.

I'd advice you to get the Thar for now and when you're entering real adulthood (post college), treat yourself to something nice and luxurious.
harish is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th June 2022, 01:36   #42
BHPian

I would suggest you to wait sometime for the Volvo XC40 Recharge. This will be comfortably placed in your budget plus you will have an AWD SUV with good ground clearance and power more than M340i. Also the acceleration and thrill from the car is unbelievable. Except the sweet inline 6 sound you will have all your requirements met. Driving an EV to the college will be statement in itself because of the novelty factor. If you dont want to wait, try the EV6.
BLACKRiVAL is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2022, 06:36   #43
BHPian

Strange thread!

SUV is preferred, upper limit of the budget can buy a BMW M340i yet no mention of Land Rover so far?
tbppjpr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2022, 08:59   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azen Valen View Post
We’re planning to buy a car next year, when I’d be in 2nd year of my College.
Your family has a 80L-INR budget to buy you a car, and your 19-year-old brain is naturally confused. But what about the current cars in your family's garage? Can't you take one of those to college at present?

Or is this just a pipe-dreams / khayali pulao thread?
SS-Traveller is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 26th June 2022, 01:12   #45
BHPian

If you put 60 lacs in a mutual fund for 5 years…you can buy a BMW X5 or a Porsche Cayenne when you graduate.
Honestly that’s the wisest decision. Even I drove a civic when I was in college and now I own 4 cars.

But like you mentioned, this decision is from the heart. Everyone wants to have the best possible college life because those days never come back.
I would strongly suggest the BMW M340i. It’s a head turner and BMW’s are really fun to drive.

All the best for your college life. Cheers
drjaygoyal is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks