Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2022, 15:02   #61
BHPian

Re: Should I avoid the Renault Kwid Climber AMT?

Hi dhruvky94. I am in a similar situation if not the same. We owned a 2009 Swift vdi till a couple of months ago. We loved the car and it was a breeze using it in the narrow roads near our house and also in bumper to bumper Bangalore traffic. No sweat. We upgraded to a Seltos and decided to sell the Swift to the dealer as he offered a decent price. The initial thought was to retain the Swift for city usage but we decided to sell it.

Now, presently we are forced to use the Seltos and it is a pain to drive in narrow two lane roads. So we decided to buy a new small car that wouldn’t dent our wallets. Sadly the prices of all cars have sky rocketed.

We did not like the alto 800 and hence the only cars under consideration were the Kwid 1.0 and Spresso. The former under rxt guise costs 6.8 on road and the latter around 6.2 for the vxi+ variant. I just could not digest the prices for these cars. But amongst the two spresso had better levels of finish, the engine is much more refined and the interior space is just much better. Kwid looks good from the outside, and almost that’s about it. If you ask me both the cars cost a lot and probably are not deserving.

The issue is there is no car that is in this price range. I did not want to buy other cars in the lower variant guise and add accessories to it. Considered ignis and Tiago but they were atleast a lakh or lakh and a half more.

The used car market is in a different plane, altogether. Somebody was asking for 5.7 lakhs for a 2016 Grand i10. Im sure the on road road price was something very close to this asking price. Also none of the aggregators are ethical. Read about them, and you will know the practices they employ to dress up old vehicles. So dropped the whole used car idea.

As of now im waiting for the new Alto K10. Looks like I will go with this. I read that it’ll be available in the coming week. Pricing wise it it will be between the alto 800 and spresso top variant.

P.S : Spresso prices have considerably increased. They are as expensive now as a Kwid. But the new engine is supposed to be good. Loved the c3. I thought it was the one. But cannot stretch my budget to accomodate the same. The turbo variant is close to 10lakhs on road in Bangalore.
Old 14th August 2022, 00:43   #62
BHPian

Re: Should I avoid the Renault Kwid Climber AMT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellip5i5 View Post
Is your subscription car a new vehicle or a used one? I have been eyeing this mode and wanted to hear about any issues
I have used Revv as a 1-2 day subscription a couple of times in the past and now as monthly sub. Their cars are generally well maintained. The car I have was only 6 months old and only 6k km driven when it was handed over to me. I have sent it for routine service only so far. Had 1 issue with the horn, they were prompt in sending a technician over and the problem was fixed on-site. Overall, the only reason I'm delaying buying my own car is (apart from the lack of time to visit dealers) is the convenience factor. So far I have only had to worry about refilling fuel and that's it.
RGCST is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks