Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Your choice?
Hyundai i20 N Line 135 72.97%
Hyundai Venue N Line 50 27.03%
Voters: 185. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2022, 14:26   #1
Team-BHP Support

Hyundai N Line siblings | i20 N Line vs Venue N Line | Which would you choose & why?

Name:  Hyundai N Line comparo.png
Views: 912
Size:  16.8 KB

Hyundai i20 N Line

Advantages over the Venue N Line:

• Lower center of gravity and firm suspension makes it a better handler
• Gets an iMT option apart from the DCT
• Features such as steering reach adjustment and Bose sound system with subwoofer. More colour options to choose from
• Priced substantially lower than the Venue N Line

Link to Review

Hyundai Venue N Line

Advantages over the i20 N Line:

• Crossover body with higher ground clearance
• Venue's styling is less polarising than the i20's
• Larger boot and split folding rear seat make the Venue N Line more practical than the i20 N Line
• Features such as switchable drive modes, 4-way electrically adjustable driver’s seat, reclining rear seats, cabin air purifier, Home to car (H2C) with Alexa / Google Voice assistant, remote engine start and factory-fitted dual camera dash-cam

Link to Review
Aditya is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 15th October 2022, 10:21   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Hyundai N Line siblings | i20 N Line vs Venue N Line | Which would you choose & why?

Thread moved from the Assembly Line to the What Car? section. Thanks for sharing!

The Venue might be more practical, but I never really warmed up to its styling. My pick between the N-Line siblings will be the i20 . Looks h-o-t, sits lower and is cheaper.
GTO is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 15th October 2022, 11:52   #3
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai N Line siblings | i20 N Line vs Venue N Line | Which would you choose & why?

If I have to choose between 2, definitely i20. Looks better (subjective), interiors are modern looking, more spacious, better handling than Venue etc. Venue has an oddball design.
sunikkat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th October 2022, 12:39   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

i20 for the win!

While both cars are pretty expensive for what they offer, I find the Venue N to be obnoxiously overpriced. The Venue N8 DCT exceeds 15L on road. You can get a Kushaq 1.0 for that much, complete with more space, a superior engine, a reliable torque converter and a 5 star safety rating.

i20N is essentially the same car, bit less ground clearance for a bit more space, for 2 lakh rupees less. That for me is end of discussion.
Shreyans_Jain is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 15th October 2022, 12:59   #5
Senior - BHPian

If I want a sportier small car, I would opt for i20 N Line. If I want a practical small car, there is regular Venue. I don't know where does Venue N Line fit in (Who wants a tall CSUV which has even more stiffer suspension, harder steering). Sportier CSUV is a like an oxymoron to me.
Guna is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 15th October 2022, 18:20   #6
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Considering the N-line is supposed to be a sportier version of the respective models, I feel the i20 N-Line is a better proposition, with lower ground clearance, better handling and a better design overall (atleast that's how I have felt). It's more spacious too while being cheaper than the Venue N-Line as well.
bijims is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 15th October 2022, 19:15   #7
Senior - BHPian

Voted i20.

Clearly the better car not just in looks and dynamics but also interior quality and comfort. Just sit in the rear seats and feel the difference or sit in the front and see it

All that aside the concept of N-Line to me is all about sportiness and somehow I don't see the Venue or any SUV as sporty.
shancz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2022, 19:17   #8
BHPian

I would choose a polo 1.0 Tsi from Spinny.
God these N-Line are extremely pseudo and trust me as a professional autocross driver, not worth 14L. Not even close.

Buy a Polo 1.0, Vento 1.0 and you will be happier.
bhphog is online now   (13) Thanks
Old 15th October 2022, 22:35   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhphog View Post
God these N-Line are extremely pseudo and trust me as a professional autocross driver, not worth 14L. Not even close.

What would you suggest between 2019/20 1.2 TSI (DSG) and 1.0 TSI?
Old 15th October 2022, 23:06   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
What would you suggest between 2019/20 1.2 TSI (DSG) and 1.0 TSI?
1.0TSI only because it's manual. Turbo 1.0TSI is a superb motor and a few cost effective mods really bring out the monster that it is.
bhphog is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 16th October 2022, 10:33   #11
BHPian

Voted N Line not just because I drive one

i20 as a car feels more sorted when compared to Venue. And the N Line inserts seem classier in i20 as against Venue.
anandmv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2022, 16:19   #12
BHPian

Already chosen and do not regret! I20 N line is a beast of a car and the looks sealed the deal for me. However I have not tested the Venue N line so I can’t comment much about the performance.

I am sure features like ride height differences, car capacity, boot capacity, weight, digital features etc, would come into play when choosing between the two, but simply comparing based on looks, I think i20 N line wins by a mile.

I don’t find the “hatchback on tall wheels” crossover designs much appealing, though don’t get me wrong, they are definitely popular for a reason. I had the opportunity of seeing the venue and the i20 side my side in the Hyundai showroom before I chose my car and I just couldn’t look away from the latter.

Though in all honesty, Hyundai did a better job in the red highlights on Venue N line, in my opinion. There seems to be more structure and integration to front bumper for the accents as compared to the i20 N line highlights which are a flat skirt all around the car (unlike it’s European cousin). So that’s a +1 for Venue I think!

(Special shoutout to the i20 N line interior. Every time I jump into the car, I end up admiring it)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhphog View Post

Kind of an irrelevant comment specially because this thread is around comparison of the i20 vs Venue N line variants. There are other threads that compare polo and i20s where this may be more appropriate. Polo, while having a slightly better engine (not driving experience, because that is subjective) has not managed to update themselves and adapt to the current market. I tested the polo during my car hunting phase and found the interior and features extremely disappointing. All of these, and much more, contributes to a driving experience. And people buy cars not for BHP alone, but for a good driving experience.

Also, you mention ease of modding, but not everyone is interested in buying a brand new car and then start modding it. Usually people do that after a few years to keep the car exciting, if at all. Cheers.

Last edited by akshaysehgal : 16th October 2022 at 16:47.
akshaysehgal is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th October 2022, 18:38   #13
BHPian

Venue N suits the demands of a particular set of customers who want the ground clearance to tackle bad roads but also want good driving dynamics and can compromise on the stiff suspension. Buying a sport CSUV would not be a bad idea, particularly if one is a fan of the real sports SUVs like Porsche Macan.

i20 is faster by atleast 1-2 seconds to the 100kmph, handles better, but it is suited only for the good roads. But considering the price difference i20 does win the battle, where one has to be a bit careful over bad roads.

In conclusion, one can pay the extra price and go for the Venue if good roads are very hard to find in the place they stay!
m3t4ph0r1c is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2022, 21:20   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshaysehgal View Post
Kind of an irrelevant comment specially because this thread is around comparison of the i20 vs Venue N line variants. There are other threads that compare polo and i20s where this may be more appropriate. Polo, while having a slightly better engine (not driving experience, because that is subjective) has not managed to update themselves and adapt to the current market. I tested the polo during my car hunting phase and found the interior and features extremely disappointing. All of these, and much more, contributes to a driving experience. And people buy cars not for BHP alone, but for a good driving experience.

Also, you mention ease of modding, but not everyone is interested in buying a brand new car and then start modding it. Usually people do that after a few years to keep the car exciting, if at all. Cheers.
Relevant enough to derive a 200 worded comment from you.

Anyway, to each its own. Having said that, good interiors or coloured body panels don't make for a better driving experience, it makes for a better traveling experience.
N-line wouldn't see sales number that Polo GT ever had, I think that says everything in the debate of engine vs features.

As for mods, agreed. However I do not agree with keeping the car exciting part. Maybe the i20 will warrant it as its quite mundane and boring.
bhphog is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 17th October 2022, 11:01   #15
BHPian

Voted i-20 N line, because the N line does real justice to only the i-20.

I am not really sure about the value addition done by the N-line for the venue.

However, having tried the i-20 N line I can tell you it really stands out!
amitayu is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks