Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2022, 20:19   #16
Team-BHP Support

Re: Used diesel daily-driver : Hyundai Aura vs Ford Freestyle

Much as I love the Ford hatch, I'll go with the Hyundai for its soft(er) clutch for the specific use case.

For an urban daily driver, the Ford's hard(er) clutch can quickly become a nightmare. If the commute was majority highway, it'd be a no-contest in favor of the Ford.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 18th October 2022 at 20:21.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th October 2022, 20:50   #17
BHPian

If it has to be exclusively between the two, the Aura hands down for reasons already mentioned above.

But if it were my money i would either go with GTO's option in case of an MT diesel (we have an i20 active 1.4 CRDi in the family, 7 years old and we love it!) or the Amaze diesel CVT.

I would even advocate for the Amaze considering the use case. The engine is very frugal and the smooth gearbox is a godsend for city driving. A Honda at 40k kms is equivalent to the choices above at 20k in terms of residuals and maintenance.
ashivas89 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2022, 22:45   #18
BHPian

A big Thanks friends, for the suggestions. The reason for final shortlists (only 2) was due to low Odo readings (<20K kms) and Max 2 years old (both were 2020 against 2019 mentioned in my OP). Me and my friend had been going through each suggesion and he had finalized Aura today. The car was booked with Spinny (though a little costly) as he was comfortable to buy from them due to quality assurances/ warranty/ ownership transfer etc.

Just our inputs on suggestions:
1. 1.3 DDSi, the resale of Marutis is high (low Odo like these 2 names, were costing more), Tata Zest was not preferred due to ASS doubts
2. 1.5 iDTEC, again had higer odo vehicles only.
3. Micra / Pulse etc were all both old and highly run.
4. 1.4 crdi (read i20) was costlier and missing boot meant No - SEDAN looks, which was his family 's preference.
ChandraSekarMN is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th October 2022, 05:36   #19
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChandraSekarMN View Post
A big Thanks friends, for the suggestions. The reason for final shortlists (only 2) was due to low Odo readings (<20K kms) and Max 2 years old (both were 2020 against 2019 mentioned in my OP). Me and my friend had been going through each suggesion and he had finalized Aura today. The car was booked with Spinny (though a little costly) as he was comfortable to buy from them due to quality assurances/ warranty/ ownership transfer etc.
Congratulations on your purchase of the Hyundai Aura Diesel!
It's definitely a car with an upmarket build with good fit and finish and modern cabin. The car is reasonably spacious , has peppy motors and is frugal as well. The service would spare parts would never be an issue either considering Hyundai's vast service network.

My friends and myself have also had great experiences with Spinny, they are professional and handle both sale and purchase process quite well. Although their used car prices are definitely a bit on the higher side, their inspection, quality checks, warranty policies offered are reassuring.

Happy miles!
bijims is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 19th October 2022, 08:45   #20
BHPian

Congratulations. Aura is a solid product and will be relevant at least for the next few years till ICE cars fade away. It has been around in the form of the i10 and Xcent for many years. Hence, spares won’t be an issue.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks