Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2023, 14:23   #136
BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (9)
re: Sold my lemon Tata Harrier | What car next? EDIT: Bought Hyundai Tucson

Congratulations!

Tucson is a really competent vehicle and it will serve you well, unlike Tata.
vredesbyrd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2023, 18:21   #137
BHPian

Re: Sold my lemon Tata Harrier | What car next? EDIT: Bought Hyundai Tucson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livnletcarsliv View Post
Finally after a lot of confusion, contemplation, minimalist options available, upcoming (next 6 months) launches, and of course the availability (delivery timelines), I am happy to announce that I have taken the delivery of my Tucson Diesel 2WD Signature AT.

4. Tiguan is no more available (Similar to Octavia & Superb). And I can sense the urge of VW and the dealer to clear the last stock available (all are 2022 models). As per the dealer, the Tiguan MAY be relaunched during the festival season (August-Sept). So I don't want to buy a car that is already discontinued (even if it is temporary) with no horizon for the next launch.
Congratulations on your new car! Happy motoring.

Regarding the discontinuation of Tiguan, can you please cite the source of this information? From the earlier news, only Octavia and Superb are being stopped and Tiguan will continue post 1st April. Here is the link to that discussion.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...eb-2023-a.html (Scoop! Skoda Superb & Octavia production to end in Feb 2023)

Even Skoda and VW dealers confirmed the same. But you never know how much of it can be believed though as most of the sales advisors are not well informed about these things.
nagarjun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2023, 19:08   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor_diwan View Post
Fantastic!! Congratulations on your new purchase!
You'll be driving down the road one day and suddenly realize that you're in love with it. Trust me, it happens to the best of us.
Thank you. I am already staring to drift from the "like" towards "love" with the Tucson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhinav6683 View Post
Congratulations on your new aquisition
I am exactly in the same boat as you were and have the New XZA+(O) Dark Harrier booked and also the Tuscon booked.

Seeing your review makes me lean more towards the Tuscon.
Thank you. There are pros and cons for both. Harrier is definitely a good car. No second thought about it. Choose what you like. Probably you might be lucky enough not to get a lemon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
Congratulations! The current generation of the Tiguan was launched in 2017 and is at the end of its life cycle. The Tucson on the other hand is a very recent global launch. I would recommend every time that it is always better to buy cars at the start of the generation, as they stay fresh for a minimum of 6 to 7 years.

7 years is a long time in terms of technology and platform advancement for major auto makers, and I think what you are seeing is that Hyundai has almost caught up with VW in terms of driving dynamics, performance and safety as compared to the prevailing generation of VW SUVs like the Tiguan from the second half of the last decade. The last generation of Tucson was very far behind the Tiguan even though they were both launched in 2016-17 globally. VW has stayed slow in this segment with more of their energies going towards electrification. Whereas Hyundai has moved faster.
Thank you. You're right. VW in India has a lot to catch up. As we already know that Skoda is planning to wind up from China and they are shifting their focus to India. However, its not the same with VW. Looks like, going forward, we will get better and more options from Skoda than VW in India. Even though this VAG 2.0 strategy bought a little turn around success for the brands, I believe that that they still can do much better with their true DNA based cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
Congratulations on a great choice !

One more reason the Tucson would be massively better over the Tiguan is the air conditioning. Considering you are from Chennai a great AC is a godsend. Coming from tata harrier( tata cars usually have great ACs) I am sure Tucson would have atleast a comparable AC performance, Tiguan on the other hand is below average.
Thank you. The peak summer in Chennai needs a 1.5 ton split AC inside the car. No matter what car it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagarjun View Post
Congratulations on your new car! Happy motoring.

Regarding the discontinuation of Tiguan, can you please cite the source of this information? From the earlier news, only Octavia and Superb are being stopped and Tiguan will continue post 1st April.
Thank you!. The information regarding the discontinuation is purely from my buying experience and interaction with the dealers (not just one but 2 from different cities). Here are some details
1. No more Tiguan on sale right now (no stock available).
2. So far all the Tiguan's sold in 2023 were ONLY 2022 manufactured.
3. The dealer quoted that the Tiguan is not stopped. He mentioned that it will be re-launched during the festival season of September-October.
4. The dealers were eagerly pushing to clear all the stock including demo cars.

Having said all these, there is no official message from VW. Also important to note is that the next-gen Tiguan is already in the testing phase. So I am not sure what's in the kitty of VW after April. Hope they launch the updated Tiguan with few other features like ventilated seats, ADAS, retuned suspension (a little softer), and of course more aggressive pricing since Tucson is available in both petrol as well as diesel.
Livnletcarsliv is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th March 2023, 21:08   #139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am happy to announce that I have taken the delivery of my Tucson Diesel 2WD Signature AT.
Congratulations on a well thought out decision and the happiness is mutual.

This will be the experience you always wanted albeit a bit expensive but looking at the bigger picture that's okay IMHO

Wishing you fantastic drives and ownership
Waiting eagerly for the Tucson ownership experience.

Last edited by shancz : 6th March 2023 at 21:08. Reason: grammar
shancz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2023, 23:51   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you. There are pros and cons for both. Harrier is definitely a good car. No second thought about it. Choose what you like. Probably you might be lucky enough not to get a lemon.
I am thinking of Tuscon for now. Just wanted to know since you have had both of them, What would you say are plus points of Harrier over the Tuscon if any and what would you say are the shortcomings of Tuscon.
Abhinav6683 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2023, 09:56   #141
KDS
BANNED

Congratulations for your new purchase and wish you happy mile munching.

The proven track record of Hyundai will definitely bring you a peace of mind.
KDS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2023, 12:04   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhinav6683 View Post
I am thinking of Tuscon for now. Just wanted to know since you have had both of them, What would you say are plus points of Harrier over the Tuscon if any and what would you say are the shortcomings of Tuscon.
Well, the plus points of Harrier over Tucson are the same shortcomings of Tucson over Harrier. Well here are some points that I can say
1. Harrier is a tall car with the bonnet lines clearly visible. In Tucson, the seating is low and the bonnet lines are closer to a sedan or hatch, even if not the same. Of course, whether this is a plus or a minus depends on your style. For me, it is neither a plus nor a minus. The GC of Tucson (181mm - taken from Australia/Europe) is slightly lower than that of Harrier (205mm) which means that Tucson is more agile and a better handler compared to Harrier.
2. Practicality - Harrier wins hands-down in this. Harrier is miles better in terms of practicality and storage. Harrier is 100% designed and made in India for India. Since Tucson is a CKD, it is clearly evident that Tucson is not made for India.
3. Harrier FEELS (not actually though) more rugged and abuse friendly while Tucson feels more premium & luxurious. Probably because of the typical Indian mindset that more expensive is more fragile (a difference between driving a Defender/Wrangler and a Thar). Again this is neither plus nor minus.
4. The ivory interior of Tucson is definitely more painstaking to maintain compared to the dark interior of Harrier. At least Hyundai should have given the dark interior as an option.

That's it for now. Will share more as I get more hands-on with Tucson.
Livnletcarsliv is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th March 2023, 20:33   #143
BHPian

Congratulations and best wishes for a peaceful ride with the Tucson! Tucson is a great car backed by the rock solid ASS of Hyundai! Happy miles ahead.
Mechanto is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2023, 17:43   #144
BHPian

Finally! Congratulations on the purchase. Wishing you lakhs of miles on your newTucson.
vinodvayyat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2023, 11:09   #145
BHPian

I was going to suggest a completely different class of vehicles - with the Force Gurkha, and Isuzu MUX. But just saw that you'd already bought the Tucson.

Hyundai cars are reliable enough. Given 5-star NCAP too, I think Tucson is the no brainer (outside of Hycross hybrid).
shrvenkataraman is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks