Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2023, 09:54   #16
BHPian

Re: Honda City Facelift arrives in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorDev View Post
Hello everyone, 2 weeks back me and my family visited a mahindra showroom in banglore to check out the new xuv700. We liked it and planned to book the top end ax7L petrol at in midnight black. The waiting period is about 8-9 months. So in the mean time we checked out the slavia and city too.
Since I own a Slavia, I would suggest you the same. You might come across complaints of it that it lacks the gizmos but IMO, a car has to be a car first and an entertainment centre later. Slavia is a car you will appreciate every time you drive. The engineering behind any car has to pass a customer’s test and Slavia does that with ease. You will love the driving dynamics, braking, stability at high speeds and high safety rating (considering the 5 star rating of Kushaq which shares the MQB platform with Slavia). In gizmos, only thing I have missed till now is wireless Apple CarPlay.

Your other major requirement seems to be the 3 people in back seat. It could be a tight squeeze depending upon people who are going to sit there but you should take them all along with you on a test drive. I am sure they will love the car for its driving pleasure alone and the comfort they will feel in the back seat.

Also, if your heart is stuck on Slavia. Go with it rather than regretting about it later.

Last edited by Rehaan : 24th February 2023 at 11:00. Reason: Shortening quoted post + adding some paragraph breaks :)
Blacklisted is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th February 2023, 12:07   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacklisted View Post
Since I own a Slavia, I would suggest you the same. You might come across complaints of it that it lacks the gizmos but IMO, a car has to be a car first and an entertainment centre later. Slavia is a car you will appreciate every time you drive. The engineering behind any car has to pass a customer’s test and Slavia does that with ease. You will love the driving dynamics, braking, stability at high speeds and high safety rating (considering the 5 star rating of Kushaq which shares the MQB platform with Slavia). In gizmos, only thing I have missed till now is wireless Apple CarPlay.

Your other major requirement seems to be the 3 people in back seat. It could be a tight squeeze depending upon people who are going to sit there but you should take them all along with you on a test drive. I am sure they will love the car for its driving pleasure alone and the comfort they will feel in the back seat.

Also, if your heart is stuck on Slavia. Go with it rather than regretting about it later.

Thanks for replying, I went for a test drive with my family and we loved it but my family is leaning towards xuv for the extra space and features. I want the slavia more than the xuv. I'll wait till march and then decide, It's a tough fight between the slavia and the xuv700.
Old 24th February 2023, 13:21   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for replying, I went for a test drive with my family and we loved it but my family is leaning towards xuv for the extra space and features. I want the slavia more than the xuv. I'll wait till march and then decide, It's a tough fight between the slavia and the xuv700.
Can you please take such off-topic conversations to "What car" forum?
shibulijack is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 24th February 2023, 13:39   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

1.Space for 3 at back. We need a proper 5 seater. This car is only for highways.
2.Fun to drive with exellent stability between the speeds of 110 to 130.
3.Feature loaded
4.Waiting period is not an issue but the sooner the better.
5.Decent reliability
6.Solid build quality and crash rating.
If point 2 and 6 are most important, would definitely suggest Slavia. Slavia 1.5 is miles ahead of City in terms of fun to drive.

Point 1 and 5, City will score better. Though City is not a great highway car compared to Slavia. Also Skoda service in Bangalore is excellent from my experience.

Point 3 and 4 should be same for both
sunikkat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th February 2023, 14:53   #20
BHPian

Quote:
1.Space for 3 at back. We need a proper 5 seater. This car is only for highways.
2.Fun to drive with exellent stability between the speeds of 110 to 130.
3.Feature loaded
4.Waiting period is not an issue but the sooner the better.
5.Decent reliability
6.Solid build quality and crash rating.
All of these, except the waiting period, are fulfilled by the XUV 7OO. In comparison to the 7OO, I do not think how the sedans will fare out owing to the fact that most sedans have a huge floor hump which makes the 5th passenger unwelcome (I do not know specifically for Slavia and City as I have not sat in the back of those cars).

P.s.: Did you not consider the Harrier and Safari facelift, as they have new features and hopefully some niggles would also have been resolved in this new facelift.
daksh0510 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2023, 15:13   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibulijack View Post
Can you please take such off-topic conversations to "What car" forum?
Sorry, will be more careful from now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daksh0510 View Post
All of these, except the waiting period, are fulfilled by the XUV 7OO. In comparison to the 7OO, I do not think how the sedans will fare out owing to the fact that most sedans have a huge floor hump which makes the 5th passenger unwelcome (I do not know specifically for Slavia and City as I have not sat in the back of those cars).

P.s.: Did you not consider the Harrier and Safari facelift, as they have new features and hopefully some niggles would also have been resolved in this new facelift.
The city and slavia don't have a huge hump in the middle. The city is a better 5 seater as cabin shoulder room is more when compared to slavia. That's the reason I had the confusion whether to go for city, xuv or slavia. I did not consider the tata twins as I have seen many people complaining that the steering of these cars is very heavy.

Last edited by MotorDev : 24th February 2023 at 15:20.
MotorDev is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th February 2023, 23:08   #22
Team-BHP Support

re: Wait 8 months for Mahindra XUV700 or get Skoda Slavia or 2023 Honda City facelift? EDIT: Got Slavia

Wait 8 months for Mahindra XUV700 or get a Skoda Slavia or 2023 Honda City facelift? Posts moved to a new thread.
Aditya is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2023, 09:55   #23
BHPian

re: Wait 8 months for Mahindra XUV700 or get Skoda Slavia or 2023 Honda City facelift? EDIT: Got Slavia

Isnt 7OO a7l 30L+ in bangalore? Help me understand your budget. City/Slavia are 18-20 whereas 7OO 30ish.

What are the exact quotes you have for these 3 cars?

City - I feel 3rd gen was the best till date
Slavia - I own a skoda, OK if localised to bangalore, service and support is decent
7OO - Hit or a miss, too many features for my liking

In the 20-25 range, you also have
Previous Crysta, very VFM
Toyota Hyryder hybrid (boot space slightly less but high VFM)
There is the Honda WRV around the corner
BNG-motorhead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2023, 12:45   #24
BHPian

Quote:
I did not consider the tata twins as I have seen many people complaining that the steering of these cars is very heavy.
As you have mentioned in the opening post that you need a caf for highways, I don't think the hydraulic steering will be such an issue.

Even if you'll reject it, i woukd suggest you to please go and test drive the Tata twins once.
daksh0510 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2023, 14:48   #25
BHPian

I would consider the Jeep compass as well. You can get a fairly well equipped variant for the price of the AX7L XUV700. It's surely worth a test drive, at least.
sid3091 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2023, 16:18   #26

The Jeep Meridian would be a great option if your budget permits. 32-33L for their new Club Edition, plus they're always happy to offer some discounts.

May I ask why the Scorpio N is not being considered? It's wide and comfy 5 seater as long as the waiting period is not an issue.

You should also take a look at the refreshed Tata twins - they're packing most of the new features and creature comforts offered on the XUV and Jeep. These will be in the 25-28L bracket.
youngmonk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2023, 09:31   #27
BHPian

Quote:
I did not consider the tata twins as I have seen many people complaining that the steering of these cars is very heavy.
Since your usage is going to be mainly on highways, I would suggest you take a test drive of the Harrier. It is a very spacious 5 seater and you can cruise at 120 kmph all day. It is a delight on the highways.
I have driven about 9000 km in 6 months and I have had a hassle-free experience with the car.
Yes the steering can be slightly heavier in city speeds but I did not notice it until I borrowed a friends Creta and saw how light it felt
tracerspiff is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2023, 10:57   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Hello everyone, 2 weeks back me and my family visited a Mahindra showroom in Banglore to check out the new XUV700. We liked it and planned to book the top-end AX7L petrol in midnight black. The waiting period is about 8-9 months. So in the meantime, we checked out the Slavia and City too.

So now we are confused about the above-mentioned cars. Our requirements are:

1. Space for 3 at back. We need a proper 5 seater. This car is only for highways.
2. Fun to drive with excellent stability between the speeds of 110 to 130.
3. Feature loaded
4. Waiting period is not an issue but the sooner the better.
5. Decent reliability
6. Solid build quality and crash rating.

The variants of the cars picked are:
1) XUV700 Petrol AX7L
2) Slavia 1.5 DSG
3) Honda City 1.5 CVT (facelift)

So, please do give your suggestions.

Thank You

Keep Revvin,
MotorDev
I would vote for XUV 700 AX7L Petrol if you love driving at the expense of lower milage. It will be a pleasure driving this car on highways as well as city drives. I own exactly the same variant for the last 9 months and love it, my run is low. I have owned two XUV500's (Diesels) before this and have found these cars to be sturdy and reliable; the local dealership here in Jaipur is very proactive and helpful.
sudhirjaipur is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2023, 23:30   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by true_sedan View Post
2) Slavia 1.5 DSG: standard features, 150 BHP & 250 NM of torque, great at corners, handles like a pro, quick rush high intensity overtakes and 6 lakhs cheaper than the top spec XUV 700.
It's ₹4 lac cheaper if you compare it against the AX7 variant, given that the Slavia has none of the features from the luxury pack of the XUV700 anyway.

Having been in the same dilemma for close to three months now and finally having booked an AX7 petrol manual XUV700 today , I think the Slavia makes a thin case for itself in comparison to the Mahindra.

It's only my desire for a sedan that was pulling me in that direction—otherwise, the ₹22 lac I'll be paying for the XUV700 seems almost unfair (in a good way) given how much more I'm getting for my money:
  1. A much larger, more spacious car
  2. Two extra seats for kids (and even adults, on occasion)
  3. Larger boot space if you aren't using the third row
  4. A far more powerful engine (that you cannot get in any car under ₹45 lac)
  5. Better suspension setup
  6. A massive panoramic sunroof
  7. ADAS (although its utility is questionable at best)
  8. Better infotainment system and sound quality
  9. Better instrument cluster
  10. Powered driver's seat with (a useful) memory function
  11. Better interior quality
  12. Dual zone climate control with very effective cooling
  13. Better remote functions, including climate control
And these are just the things I can list off the top of my head.

If you were to put a price on each of those items, it'd be far greater than the ₹2.25 lac extra I'm paying over the Slavia's Style 1.5 manual variant.

Last edited by aryayush : 3rd March 2023 at 23:32.
aryayush is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th March 2023, 21:34   #30

If you want a feature-loaded car,then the XUV 700 is not for you. It doesn't have basic, usable features that cars costing 15L get,like Auto-dimming IRVM , ventilated seats and wireless Android auto (which an 11L Kiger gets).

"Gimmick-loaded" would be a more apt description of the XUV 700, because it's filled to the brim with features you don't need,and will create problems in due time, instead.

From your list,the Slavia is the best option. I love the Honda City,but Bangalore's "roads" are beyond terrible. Can't imagine the daily struggle of driving a low-slung sedan here.
Roonil is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks