Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2008, 08:58   #1
BHPian

Need a car for my dad. Budget 4.5

Hi All

I am on the look out for a car for my dad. My budget for the same would be 4.5 but can stretch a little if i need to.

I initially thought about picking up a used car but later decided to go for a new one as my dad is not really car savy and he would find it difficult to visit workshops on and off if he encounters any problem with the car. Down below are a few points which would help fellow Bhpian's to help me out with there suggestions.

1) Usage of the car will be minimal with not more than 500KM covered in a month.....( So the question of diesel is out )

2) He would prefer a car which would give him a better sight of the road as he's short. We took a TD on the Swift and he didn't like it..he says its difficult to see the road..

3) A S S should be good

4) Occasionally there could be long drives and that is only when i am home, he wouldn't do it on his own

5) He took a TD of the Santro and was very much impressed. He's also keen about the i10 as couple of his friends suggested him to go for the i10 and i personally feel that he likes it too.

6) He's always been a fan of FIAT so should i consider the MJD even though its diesel ??

Waiting for your suggestions !!

Regards

Jango !!
Old 27th August 2008, 09:28   #2
Senior - BHPian

Why don't you search and post? Many threads exist for 4.5 lac cars. One of those:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchb...o-1-1-i10.html
Old 27th August 2008, 09:30   #3
Senior - BHPian

Why don't you get quote for newly launched Indica Vista. It is completely refreshed from inside and outside. Legspace, cabin room space and so comfort are very good in Indica.

A. S. S. is not a problem with Tata Car. Your budget will also fall in the range.

Last edited by anujmishra : 27th August 2008 at 09:31.
Old 27th August 2008, 09:50   #4
Senior - BHPian

The i10 Kappa would be a good option. Since your dad has ruled out the Swift. Splash would be another good buy but it ll launched April '09 so that would be quite a long wait. Stick to the i10 Kappa - good interiors, decent FE, good A.S.S . Ask your dad to take a TD of the MJD too if he really likes it then get it since he s a Fiat fan.
Old 27th August 2008, 09:56   #5
Senior - BHPian

The Hyundai i10 kappa is probably the best choice for your dad.
The newly launched Tata Vista also seems pretty good.
Old 27th August 2008, 10:00   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
Why don't you get quote for newly launched Indica Vista.
Thanks Anuj that's an option which i think needs to explored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
The i10 Kappa would be a good option. Since your dad has ruled out the Swift. Splash would be another good buy but it ll launched April '09 so that would be quite a long wait. Stick to the i10 Kappa - good interiors, decent FE, good A.S.S . Ask your dad to take a TD of the MJD too if he really likes it then get it since he s a Fiat fan.
@ Karan i have the i10 Kappa in mind..A.S.S is good for Hyundai where my dad stays..as for Fiat we don't even have a showroom and the closest one would 60Km from our place....will definitely ask dad to take a TD of the MJD

Last edited by jango : 27th August 2008 at 10:01.
Old 27th August 2008, 10:22   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Moderator's note: There are plenty of such car query threads. Please search for them. Thread closed.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks