Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2008, 19:20   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
Half engine includes the block, pistons, crankshafts connecting rods etc. yes it is sold very official like ILLUSIONS with the Maruti Authorised Service Station. It does not include the labor. But labor wont be very costly.

Head 95% of the time wont be problematic, this is what the service station people believe. i had once inquired for SX4 engine for our fellow T-Bhpian.

Believe me it will be a total new engine experience. You tell me which car u will opt for and i will ask the M.A.S.S people about the charges.
just wondering if they would transplant engine for any car (maruti engine in non maruti car that is). if so then what are the charges for say a swift petrol?
Old 15th September 2008, 19:32   #47
Senior - BHPian

Damn! I thought Ajay was shopping for ICE.

Didnt occur to me that ICE guys spend more on the ICE than the actual car itself.

EDIT: Now is the chance for all good citizens to avenge their ICE budget overspends and get him to buy a Skoda Superb.

Last edited by Steeroid : 15th September 2008 at 19:34.
Old 15th September 2008, 20:52   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Damn! I thought Ajay was shopping for ICE.

Didnt occur to me that ICE guys spend more on the ICE than the actual car itself.

EDIT: Now is the chance for all good citizens to avenge their ICE budget overspends and get him to buy a Skoda Superb.

In fact, I was travelling from Mumbai to Pune and back in a Skoda Laura and totally fell in love with it. In addition to how well it drives, learnt about a lot of small yet thoughtful features like the headlights turning on automatically in the tunnels, turn indicator just blinking thrice and switching off when you want to switch lanes, the huge list of options with cruise control, the automatic wiper system, low air pressure indicator etc, that I am now seriously contemplating robbing a bank. I actually also wanted to check how the air bags work, but the owner of the car just wasn't a sport!?!
Old 15th September 2008, 21:07   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post

In fact, I was travelling from Mumbai to Pune and back in a Skoda Laura and totally fell in love with it. In addition to how well it drives, learnt about a lot of small yet thoughtful features like the headlights turning on automatically in the tunnels, turn indicator just blinking thrice and switching off when you want to switch lanes, the huge list of options with cruise control, the automatic wiper system, low air pressure indicator etc, that I am now seriously contemplating robbing a bank. I actually also wanted to check how the air bags work, but the owner of the car just wasn't a sport!?!
OT: Hope you guys were wearing seatbelts
Also, I heard that there is a button in the glove compartment to disable Passenger side airbags. Easier than getting a divorce

Cheers,

Rajan
Old 16th September 2008, 11:08   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Would not all these feature will go haywire if we put two 15 or 18 inch Plutonium subs in the boot with just more than 10000 watts rms power.
Old 16th September 2008, 11:19   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
Would not all these feature will go haywire if we put two 15 or 18 inch Plutonium subs in the boot with just more than 10000 watts rms power.
Not only "features", even the "creatures" living around will go haywire with that kind of a sub...
Old 22nd September 2008, 19:36   #52
Senior - BHPian

Any opinions on this car?

Team-BHP Classifieds - esteem AX 2001 - Powered by PhotoPost Classifieds
Old 22nd September 2008, 20:58   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatchyBoy
OT: Hope you guys were wearing seatbelts
Yes. Learnt that otherwise the car keeps making a persuasive, annoying noise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatchyBoy
Also, I heard that there is a button in the glove compartment to disable Passenger side airbags. Easier than getting a divorce
Didn't know this. But then I'm not even married.
Old 23rd September 2008, 13:54   #54
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
If it's not got any major problems, this car would fit the bill perfectly. I don't want to take anything away from the seller but please get the engine checked. 41K kms seems awfully low for a 7 year old car. If genuine, you are lucky.
Old 23rd September 2008, 14:04   #55
Senior - BHPian

Thats an automatic, hope you are comfortable with that. Make sure it has run only 41k. Looks clean.
Old 23rd September 2008, 14:07   #56
Senior - BHPian

the esteem above seems to have done a very less roads on the ODO. 41000 is almost a brand new engine. price is also gud. but please verify the papers and mainly if any accidents have occurred, any good body shop mechanic can tell you whether it is repainted or damaged earlier.
Old 23rd September 2008, 14:27   #57
BHPian

Quote:
If genuine, this seems to be a steal, but since you plan to make this a demo car, wouldn't a hatchback be better suited accoustically?
Old 23rd September 2008, 15:00   #58
BHPian

just 41k on a 7yr old car !!! Too good to be true !
Old 23rd September 2008, 15:05   #59
Senior - BHPian

Also, I don't think the auto box on the Esteem was any great shakes. It was a 3-speed IIRC. You might want to TD one before taking a decision.

And also ask Dippy if spares for the 'box are available easily. He had an auto Zen.
Old 23rd September 2008, 15:28   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Thats an automatic, hope you are comfortable with that.
I always thought that most of us (including me) drive manual cars because we dont have a choice. If I did, I would opt for an automatic. All the Sierra driving with a leaking clutch cylinder has almost permanently damaged my knees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram18 View Post
If genuine, this seems to be a steal, but since you plan to make this a demo car, wouldn't a hatchback be better suited accoustically?
Sir, maybe you are misguided by the ICE-ing statement. Yes it will be ICEd but it is not a demo car. I am buying this, not the company I work for. Don't I also deserve to have some good ICE in the car? cheers:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Also, I don't think the auto box on the Esteem was any great shakes. It was a 3-speed IIRC. You might want to TD one before taking a decision.

And also ask Dippy if spares for the 'box are available easily. He had an auto Zen.
@Ishan - after my chat with you, I have deserted the idea of going for this vehicle. 3-speed gearbox?!?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks