Team-BHP > What Car?

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2008, 15:32   #16
BHPian

Saw the new Accent Executive, at 5.60 it has all the goodies that the Dezire petrol has to offer plus more, comes with a 3yr warranty and has the classic sedan feel and look, wot say guys, whereas the Swift puts me off due to its cramped interiors, the rattles as many have pointed out here and the small or no boot thing.
Old 26th October 2008, 16:45   #17
BHPian

Was checking the Dezire website and noticed this.

1. Price of the Vxi Dezire much more than the Accent executive.
2. The Vxi dezire lacks many important goodies as compared to the Accent namely - Rear defogger, Keyless entry, Key not removed warning, Adjustable tilt steering.
3. The looks of the Accent is more pleasing to the eye as compared to the Dezire.
4.** The rear seat of the Dezire more cramped than the Accent???
5.** Dezires Boot also is smaller than the Accent???
Old 26th October 2008, 18:09   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhokritesh View Post
Was checking the Dezire website and noticed this.

1. Price of the Vxi Dezire much more than the Accent executive.
2. The Vxi dezire lacks many important goodies as compared to the Accent namely - Rear defogger, Keyless entry, Key not removed warning, Adjustable tilt steering.
3. The looks of the Accent is more pleasing to the eye as compared to the Dezire.
4.** The rear seat of the Dezire more cramped than the Accent???
5.** Dezires Boot also is smaller than the Accent???
Dezire VXI does have Key not removed warning (Swift VDI has ).

Also irrespective of the features Desire is a latest technology car which will continue for at least next 3-4 years if not more. Accent would be discontinued next year.
Old 26th October 2008, 18:27   #19
BHPian

Am all confused again back to square 1. My Questions are.
1. Is it worth waiting for the Swift DDIS ala Vdi?
2. Is the price ie 5.60 OTR worth paying for the Vdi?
3. How soon or later do the rattles start on the Swift?
4. The drive and feel is it comparable to the Accent?
5. Hows the quality of Marutis Swifts as compared to the Hyundais Accents?

Advise as if its the DDIS then got to book it rightaway and the Hyundai Sales guy reconfirmed that Hyundai dosent plan to stop the Accent as the sudden demand for it hence they added a host of features in the Accent Executive and relaunched it to counter the Dezire Petrols.
Old 26th October 2008, 18:53   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Advise as if its the DDIS then got to book it rightaway and the Hyundai Sales guy reconfirmed that Hyundai dosent plan to stop the Accent as the sudden demand for it hence they added a host of features in the Accent Executive and relaunched it to counter the Dezire Petrols.
Take my words, Accent will be a gonner in some time. No Dealer who has a stock with him would tell a customer that that model is going to be discontinued. If you buy this car now, you would be in big loss when you are going to resale it as Accent has very low Resale value. You have few other options like
  1. Swift DDIS -LDI
  2. i10
  3. Indica Vista - Its has same Swift engine
  4. Fiat Palio- D- Its has same Swift engine
Old 26th October 2008, 19:20   #21
BHPian

Dear Madhokritesh,
I own a Swift VDI my self and done 25000 kms in it already with only some minor rattles which you get used to (Can be repaired during service but re appears after 1500-2000 kms). My uncle owns a swift and i frequently drive it too. So i ll tell you my personal experience with both the cars.
1. Swift VDI is value for money if you are using it heavily (aka more than 1000kms in a month), cos i am gettin a constant mileage of 20kmpl in city and 24kmpl (per liter Diesel) in highways with decent light foot driving with 100% AC ( i travel more, clocked 10000kms in 4 months ). Whereas in Accent you can get a mileage of 9-10 KMPL in city and 13-14 in highway with 100% Ac.
2. Swift (mine is without ABS) is scary at high speed braking. Accent is more stable for high speed driving even on highway even without ABS, it seems so planted on the road that inspires more confidence in you. (if u have a heavy foot suggest to go for a Swift with ABS if you want diesel economy)
3. Swift has decent boot space for a small family luggage, but if u want to pick up your ralative come from abroad with big bags at the airport, swift is a strict no. Accent has loads of luggage space and plan for any size luggage.
4. If lots of city driving and parking, Swift is a cream to park, but Accent is a headache unless you get good parking space. (Accent has mini rear view mirrors which i hate and gives very less details for reversing)
5. Swift= Boys car.................Accent= Old man s car (general view)
6. Swift = Good resale value ...Accent= No resale value
7. Driver seating is comfy in Swift (is what i felt). Seating is too low in Accent (little difficult for old people to get in and out)
8. Swift = Hatch back............Accent = Sedan

I have tried to compile the maximum info that i could pal, and all these are my personal opinion as i drive both cars often, but own a Swift VDI myself due to my high driving schedule.Hope this helps you. Swift DDIS is any day value for money, be it city or highway. Decide your requirements and select the car. I love my Swift

Srikant
Old 26th October 2008, 23:29   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikant View Post
Dear Madhokritesh,
I own a Swift VDI my self and done 25000 kms in it already with only some minor rattles which you get used to (Can be repaired during service but re appears after 1500-2000 kms). My uncle owns a swift and i frequently drive it too. So i ll tell you my personal experience with both the cars.
1. Swift VDI is value for money if you are using it heavily (aka more than 1000kms in a month), cos i am gettin a constant mileage of 20kmpl in city and 24kmpl (per liter Diesel) in highways with decent light foot driving with 100% AC ( i travel more, clocked 10000kms in 4 months ). Whereas in Accent you can get a mileage of 9-10 KMPL in city and 13-14 in highway with 100% Ac.
2. Swift (mine is without ABS) is scary at high speed braking. Accent is more stable for high speed driving even on highway even without ABS, it seems so planted on the road that inspires more confidence in you. (if u have a heavy foot suggest to go for a Swift with ABS if you want diesel economy)
I have tried to compile the maximum info that i could pal, and all these are my personal opinion as i drive both cars often, but own a Swift VDI myself due to my high driving schedule.Hope this helps you. Swift DDIS is any day value for money, be it city or highway. Decide your requirements and select the car. I love my Swift
Srikant
Few facts about Swift D are :

This car is the most economical and most durable of all cars that are being made in India today. The Fiat CRDI diesel engine will revolutionize automobile technology very soon and will be the Next Gen engine like the Maruti 800's 796 cc engine of the 1980's that changed the way we viewed cars then.
Old 27th October 2008, 01:00   #23
BHPian

Most of the posters who've replied to you have covered most of the points, but I'll summarize them for you.

ACCENT
Positives:
1. Fairly well put together.
2. Average engine. Won't thrill you, but is a fairly adequate performer both on the city or on the highway.
3. Comfortable till you hit the rough stuff. Then it's not as composed as say, a Siena, or an Astra would have been.
4. At 5.4L OTR, that's pretty good VFM for a C-segment car. I don't think anything else in that space offers the same amount of kit for the same price.
5. Think of it as an adequate car. Does nothing exceptionally well, but probably won't disappoint you either.

Negatives:
1. Dated, dated, dated.
2. Not the best looker (but not ugly). I don't think its aged well either.
3. Not the most frugal engine. In normal city conditions, you can expect to be paying anywhere between 6-8 bucks per kilometre in just fuel costs at today's prices (depending on the traffic conditions and you're driving style).
4. Most Accent's I've been in tend to have suspension issues in the back after 3-5 years.
5. This car is already MORE than one generation old. The 'Verna' is essentially the 2006/2007 Accent, but Hyundai decided to pull a fast one and continued to sell the old outdated model (something car manufacturers in India are famous for).

So if you buy it, you'd be buying a car that won't let you down, but its already at least a twelve year-old design. As far as I'm concerned, the only twelve year old thing worth buying is scotch.

Get the Swift petrol. You're monthly mileage doesn't justify the premium you'd pay for the DDIS.
Old 27th October 2008, 09:14   #24
BHPian

THe wait period for the DDIS is putting me off, is there any way to get the Swift Vdi faster/sooner? Also have seen a number of guys who got the Accent Executives on our forum, can they give their feedback, have to book one of the 2 real soon.
Old 27th October 2008, 09:30   #25
Senior - BHPian

The more you ask here. the more you will get confused. Go with your decision...Swift / Accent. Sit with your family members and then put in your thoughts let them also put in their views...and lo there you have...decided on which car to buy. The family members will also be happy that you have choosen based on their inputs.
Old 27th October 2008, 10:16   #26
BHPian

As if it wasent enuff, this appears in todays newspapers a fullpage tempter of a Ad.
Attached Thumbnails
Swift VDI or Accent Executive? Help/Advise-hyundai_diwalinew.jpg  

Last edited by madhokritesh : 27th October 2008 at 10:17.
Old 27th October 2008, 10:39   #27
Senior - BHPian

SWIFT is a japanese car, the ACCENT is a korean car. Go with the japanese mate, the koreans are just copy cats. See the i20, they've shamelessly copied the CIVICs steering wheel on that one. Even the i10 is a copy of the A-Star. The SANTRO was a copy of the A-Class MERCEDES
Old 27th October 2008, 10:48   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
As if it wasent enuff, this appears in todays newspapers a fullpage tempter of a Ad.
Ritesh,
from the 2 pages of the thread you've started it clearly shows your
inclination towards the Accent.
A few years ago I was stuck with the same query.

I feared it was going to be stopped (production and A.S.S).
But look, we have the Accent executive here.

Even today she looks gorgeous, and in the price they have
quoted, you can have a sedan. Yesterday (Sunday) I was near Forum Mall and I happend to see a Black (not entirely, greyish shade) Accent Executive along side me.
Pah, she was georgous.
I guess it happens to everyone. My colleague always has a heart ache when a TATA Safari goes by.

All in all sir, you need some good and credible information from insiders of Hyundai as to how long is the Accent going to hold on their sales agenda.
Next, how long are they going to support it after that. If the answer comes to 4 years or something then, buddy, go for what your heart says.

Else..everything else looks to be a good option!

Happy hunting!

Warm regards,
Pervez.
Old 27th October 2008, 10:54   #29
BHPian

Me too saw the new shade of Dark grey yesterday, looked kool. The Accent being a Sedan more spacious and a host of goodies offered makes it very tempting and add to it the Offer price along with a 3yr warranty and the MP3 player etc and most important no Wait period like the DDIS Swift. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 27th October 2008, 12:01   #30
JRD
BHPian

hey madhokritesh.
Since you do 8 to 10 kms a day, a diesel is out of the question. I think a petrol will be more then sufficient for you.
here is what i advise:

Swift Petrol:
Refined but old engine (G13B is essentially the esteem's engine back when it was launched in 94)
Lack of low end torque (compared to accent)
Lack of rear space
No boot space (as compared to the accent)
Rattles even after taking great care (Like all maruti's)
High speed stability (on stock tire setup)
Superb Service network

Accent:
Bigger displacement of the engine (1.5 accent vs 1.3 swift)
Very smooth engine
Comfortable ride (compared to swift)
interior and boot space (as compared to swift)
rattle free
Engine has enough grunt for some spirited driving in city and on the highway. (compared to the swift)
Features.
Big car feel (accent) vs a small car (swift)
Very good service network (2nd to maruti)

So bottom line is if you want rear leg room, bootspace and a rattle free big car go for the accent.

Cheers
JRD.

Most Viewed