Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2008, 12:04   #31
Senior - BHPian

And all theories telling 6-8Kmpl from accent aint true.

I never got any thing below 12 from mine.
best being 17.
Old 27th October 2008, 12:22   #32
BHPian

for the distance you claim to drive (8-10km a day) Swift diesel is a criminal waste of money. dont go for it.

Accent is the better of the two, for you.

in case you want good A*A*S and resale, go for Swift petrol (ZXI is a real VFM).

Alternatively look at Dzire Petrol or at a pinch the new fully loaded Indigo CS LX. all these are good VFM (Indigo CS LX - TDi would cost lower than Accent and have a better resale).
Old 27th October 2008, 16:38   #33
BHPian

My heart says to get the Accent Executive and my mind says to go for the Swift DDIS. Am in a very awkward situation trust me guys.
Old 27th October 2008, 17:13   #34
BHPian

Dude,

Go for the accent with CNG you get lower costs per km than a DDIS Swift, believe me Swift would rattle and does not handle rough roads too well, The ACcent on the other hand is a reasonable all rounder.

Performance is great, service is great with Hyundai and overall peace factor is higher in the Hyundai accent. Am contemplating the same too.

Cheers
M M
Old 27th October 2008, 17:47   #35
BHPian

Hey dude, If your heart says Accent, just go for it. Its your hard earned money and there is no compulsion. If at all you feel the pinch of petrol costs of accent later, you can go for a good company gas conversion.
Old 27th October 2008, 18:32   #36
BHPian

How safe is the Accent as compared to the Swift? cause its an older design than the Swift.
Old 28th October 2008, 16:02   #37
BHPian

Hey pal, though Accent is a old design, its not ages old !! It sticks to the ground much better than swift and better than swift in terms of high speed handling on highways. Accent is good for high way drives. Swift in an all rounder , though not best, it handles everything in its own moderate manner and is also good looking.
Old 28th October 2008, 18:26   #38

Hi gostrider,

your comments are valid and true. I had been driving GLE for the past nearly 3 years now. Not an amazing performer car, but it wont let you down either. It wont perform peppier like a santro or a swift and is usually sluggish, and if you try to use it as if it has a SPORT MODE button in it, then it will dissappoint you. The best solution is to drive it as smooth, then the performance and comfort is okay.

Regarding economy,even in choc-a-bloc traffic i never got a milleage less than 12kmpl in the city. I get 16kmpl on long highways drives. but that depends a big deal on the driving style too. Though i like to rip the pistons off from bike, i like to drive fast with a smooth style on cars.

on the same price range,
If anyone wants peppier performance, stiffer suspension so you can enjoy corners, style, and a newer car in the market, go for the SWIFT.
if anyone wants a bigger car, more space in the back seat and in the boot, then get an accent.

But as ghostrider already said, accent is an outdated generation and can stop in india very soon as well.
Old 28th October 2008, 19:29   #39
Team-BHP Support

@madhokritesh: write down your requirements in details.

You said you drive 8-10 kms daily, apart from this do you do highway trips often?
How many people you need to accommodate in the car? Seating?
Do you need luggage space?
How important is FE?
How important is comfort, drive orientation?
Do you dwell in areas where space is at premium, how about parking space?
Are you buying the car on EMI or cash?
How much is your max budget?
VFM, A.S.S, reliability etc etc

List down these and other finer details of your usage please, then we can share our thoughts better.
Old 29th October 2008, 10:58   #40
BHPian

Menas_316,
about
Thanks for sharing your inputs. Believe me, you're one of the lucky ones when it comes to the FE of the Accent. I knew four people (friends and colleagues) who had Accents, and they would get 7-9 kpl in the city and about 12 kpl on the highway.
None of these guys were rash drivers... most of them they would drive sanely and rationally in the city, upshift as early as possible, and would never half-clutch. The ones who were better behaved got close to 9kpl, the ones that weren't would get around 7kpl.

Anyway...I think we've given the OP enough input to go on. Now what he needs to do is TD both cars and decide which one he wants to love with.

Cheers, and have a great New Year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by menas_136 View Post
Hi gostrider,

your comments are valid and true. I had been driving GLE for the past nearly 3 years now. Not an amazing performer car, but it wont let you down either. It wont perform peppier like a santro or a swift and is usually sluggish, and if you try to use it as if it has a SPORT MODE button in it, then it will dissappoint you. The best solution is to drive it as smooth, then the performance and comfort is okay.

Regarding economy,even in choc-a-bloc traffic i never got a milleage less than 12kmpl in the city. I get 16kmpl on long highways drives. but that depends a big deal on the driving style too. Though i like to rip the pistons off from bike, i like to drive fast with a smooth style on cars.

on the same price range,
If anyone wants peppier performance, stiffer suspension so you can enjoy corners, style, and a newer car in the market, go for the SWIFT.
if anyone wants a bigger car, more space in the back seat and in the boot, then get an accent.

But as ghostrider already said, accent is an outdated generation and can stop in india very soon as well.
Old 1st November 2008, 10:20   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
Menas_316,
Believe me, you're one of the lucky ones when it comes to the FE of the Accent.
Ok Ghostrider,
now i lost my good luck charm. i just recorded my worst mileage clocked ever. I got a 9.8 (or close to 10). but thats mainly due to the fact that i was in a traffic jam for 4-6 hours, during the India Aviation expo conducted in hyderabad. and also my service is due.

From now on, i am not going to say my FE even if it gives a 20
Old 1st November 2008, 13:54   #42
BHPian

Congrats Mr Ritesh on booking Swift DDSI. I bet you have made the right choice. when is the delivery of the car?

All the cheers: best
Old 1st November 2008, 14:25   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by menas_136 View Post
Ok Ghostrider,
now i lost my good luck charm. i just recorded my worst mileage clocked ever. I got a 9.8 (or close to 10). but thats mainly due to the fact that i was in a traffic jam for 4-6 hours, during the India Aviation expo conducted in hyderabad. and also my service is due.

From now on, i am not going to say my FE even if it gives a 20
10Kmpl in traffic is kinda ok.
as for 7Kmpl dont know how people drive?

Last edited by akshay4587 : 1st November 2008 at 14:27.
Old 1st November 2008, 19:05   #44
BHPian

9.8 from an Accent and you're complaining??
Wow boss. You must be a real perfectionist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
10Kmpl in traffic is kinda ok.
as for 7Kmpl dont know how people drive?
Old 8th November 2008, 16:30   #45
BHPian

Kindly delete This post

Last edited by somebodystopme : 8th November 2008 at 16:32.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks