Team-BHP > What Car?

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2008, 09:46   #1
BHPian

Swift VDI or Accent Executive? Help/Advise

Have to make a choice between the Maruti Swift Vdi and the Accent Executive, the Swift being a great car but sadly has a big wait time thats putting me off and price is 5.60lakhs now the Accent executive is VFM priced at abt 5.65lakhs and with discounts and loyalty bonus comes to abt 5.40lakhs OTR, U guys have to help me deceide on picking one of them. Is it worth waiting for the Swift Vdi (max 4months) or do i just go and get myself a Accent??
Old 26th October 2008, 10:39   #2
Senior - BHPian

Just ansswer the below queries:

What is your daily running (how many kms)?
Are you inclined towards hatch/Sedan?
Do you require boot space?
Are you OK with some rattles?
What is your highway use and city use?

Considering your post, it appears that you may not be running the vehicle too much, hence Petrol would be definately better. Moreover, Accent offers a good VFM currently.

Alternate to swift you can also try for Vista / Fiat MJD both have same power plants. If you wait for sme more time, you will get Fiat Linea.
Old 26th October 2008, 11:39   #3
Senior - BHPian

As Snaronikar mentioned. Do give us your monthly usage. if your highway usage is more a sedan makes more sense. Choose a diesel if your running is atleast 1000km per month. Even i feel Accent Executive is more VFM. If you not gonna worry about resale and planning to keep the car for atleast 5 years go for the Accent!
Old 26th October 2008, 11:40   #4
BHPian

My useage is not much, its around 8-10kms per day, Accent has a very attractive priceing and by rattles do u mean Swift has rattles? also how reliable is the Accent as compared to the Swift DDIS ? The Fiat Linea wud be priced at around 6.5lakhs plus, so its not in the price range of the Accent Executive. Am considering just 2 models ie the Swift DDIS/Petrol and the Accent Executive.

Last edited by madhokritesh : 26th October 2008 at 11:42.
Old 26th October 2008, 11:56   #5
Senior - BHPian

No point in buying DDis for driving 8-10 kms a day.
To me, Accent @ 5.65 lacs is not VFM.

Why don't u consider some good petrol hatchbacks? i10 or even Swift P?
Old 26th October 2008, 12:15   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
No point in buying DDis for driving 8-10 kms a day.
To me, Accent @ 5.65 lacs is not VFM.

Why don't u consider some good petrol hatchbacks? i10 or even Swift P?
Swift petrol has no waiting i think. Today i saw a Ad in newspaper with 15+5k corporate discount on swift Petrol. Moreover swift has more resale then Accent. Accent was doing good at one time but now it is outdated i fell.

I say go for Swift Petrol if you will be useing less Km/day
Old 26th October 2008, 12:25   #7
Senior - BHPian

Please don't go for the ACCENT. It is a generation old, petrol and will be very difficult to sell off. Just walk into a used car dealer showroom and say you have a 2008 model ACCENT and then walk into another showroom and say you have a 2008 model VDi SWIFT, see the prices they quote, you would definitely plonk for a SWIFT. The SWIFT is the second most in demand car in the country. Manage for 4 months with a taxi or something, but please by a SWIFT mate. Book the car and pester the showroom managers, pick up email IDs and mail almost everyone at MARUTI SUZUKI, the waiting period will be even less. No ACCENT please. Its a damn good car, still good looking, and HYUNDAI spent a billion dollars to design the car from a clean sheet of paper, but still no.
Old 26th October 2008, 12:38   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheARUN View Post
Please don't go for the ACCENT. It is a generation old, petrol and will be very difficult to sell off. Just walk into a used car dealer showroom and say you have a 2008 model ACCENT and then walk into another showroom and say you have a 2008 model VDi SWIFT, see the prices they quote, you would definitely plonk for a SWIFT. The SWIFT is the second most in demand car in the country. Manage for 4 months with a taxi or something, but please by a SWIFT mate. Book the car and pester the showroom managers, pick up email IDs and mail almost everyone at MARUTI SUZUKI, the waiting period will be even less. No ACCENT please. Its a damn good car, still good looking, and HYUNDAI spent a billion dollars to design the car from a clean sheet of paper, but still no.
That is 100% correct my friend. ACCENT has no Resale value and more over Swift (Petrol/D) is fun to drive in city, whereas Accent is outdated.
You can also go for i10 (Kappa) which is doing real good and is also fun to drive.
Old 26th October 2008, 13:30   #9
Team-BHP Support

For 8-10 kms a day, I would go for the i10 Automatic.
Old 26th October 2008, 13:45   #10
BHPian

So u guy say the Accent is no good now? and the Swift DDIS or Petrol is better, wot abt the space and comfort part?
Old 26th October 2008, 14:38   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhokritesh View Post
So u guy say the Accent is no good now? and the Swift DDIS or Petrol is better, wot abt the space and comfort part?
Answer to my queries this will make the people here to give you the best suggestion...Is boot space important? If yes, then go for Accent. You can also consider petrol Swift Dzire. You will get it within your budget.

P.S: If you are running the vehicle for 8-10 kms/day, then go for petrol car.
Old 26th October 2008, 15:13   #12
BHPian

snaronikar - If u are r given a choice between a Accent and the Swift petrol wot woud u pick??
Old 26th October 2008, 15:21   #13
Senior - BHPian

I would choose Swift Petrol if driving is mainly within city and once in a month highway trip , if you can adjust with less boot space and kinda cramped rear bench.

Accent if you strictly need a entry level sedan without keeping in mind the resale .
Old 26th October 2008, 15:28   #14
BHPian

try swift petrol as running is not much.if you want sedan only then theoptions are
dzire( p)--waiting period
logan (p)looks,after sales service etc.
accent--will not reccomend,old/outdated model.
Old 26th October 2008, 15:31   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
I would choose Swift Petrol if driving is mainly within city and once in a month highway trip , if you can adjust with less boot space and kinda cramped rear bench.

Accent if you strictly need a entry level sedan without keeping in mind the resale .
. I would definately choose Swift Petrol if rear seat and boot is not important and 90% of the time you alone is traveling in the car. If family is travelling with you, then accent makes more sense.

Most Viewed