Team-BHP - Car for someone who's been there and done that!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   What Car? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-car/)
-   -   Car for someone who's been there and done that! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-car/52237-car-someone-whos-been-there-done-3.html)

Choose from either Vijay or Sireesh depending upon where you are located.

After the free services take it where you take your other Jeep. That mechanic should be able to take care of the Bolero too.

Even you can. Its very simple to work on. And incase you do break something, the spares are cheap and easily available.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Liner (Post 1149766)
However...your sentence has another meaning with that rear bench folded up and stacked thing...hmmm...bit risky to try those things these days with all the sena's and culture police up in arms...

Yep; and the bolero ahs still more legroom, headroom and "side"room than Marina, if you can fold up the seats. Plus bolero's shock absorbers are stiffer, right?

Could not resist; time to sleep now.

@ Red Liner: You and I seem to have a common past with respect to our association with Fiats. My heart loves Fiats but my mind and pocket tells me that it has had enough.

I absolutely understand your predicament because thats what I'm going through as well.

My vote goes to Bolero and that too a new one because the price differential between used and new seems to be less to be of any help.

Just to add your choice, how about looking at the SRV?

Quote:

Originally Posted by MileCruncher (Post 1153842)
Just to add your choice, how about looking at the SRV?

Mileage? Resale value? Maintenance costs? No-go-most-places attitude? 'nuff said! The Palio S10 is miles ahead in every respect and logic as benchmarked against the SRV. And I "had" an S10.

I guess you meant the Chevrolet SRV.

Sir,
Since you have unique machines in your garage and you looking for a car..
have a look @ imports (eg: good condition toyota sera)
else try visiting the dealer near the hudson circle?

I hope it helps!:)

And Sir, all the other unique vehicles are white elephants and thus as my signature reads, I need a reliable "gaadi" to do my groceries and pay electricity bills! I doubt a Toyota Sera brings me closer to those goals?

Go for gold buddy bolero is the best nothin to beat it. I have it from the past 8 years nothing to match its reliability. Not to mention the least I have a scorpio, innova and an accent nothing comes close to the bolero in reliability and cost of owner ship.

8 year 1lac+ kms on the odo no engine overhaul nothing she is happy as long as you feed her oil and clean her lungs the (filters)..

in 8 years the only thing apart from the tyres i changed is all the suspension springs and bushes and shock absorbers.

Sir... Ambassador?:D
Other options - Old gen Safari, Gypsy, Innova ?
Bolero is a very good option, but the used bolero rates are steep.

How about the contessa? Esteem or even an ALTO? The Esteem and Alto are very reliable cars and take you from A to B without fuss.

As you have a variety in your garage, you might like some reliability and comfort occasionally.

how about a used swift diesel ? but then again its heart is a fiat u rather go for a fiat i say :) but not to mention the cheap running costs and ample service stations in every nook and corner.(im also from Blore i know its hard to service fiats here)

Quote:

Originally Posted by headers (Post 1156916)
How about the contessa? Esteem or even an ALTO? The Esteem and Alto are very reliable cars and take you from A to B without fuss.

agree: I have a Alto in the family and its an excellent car to drive in the city. Pure Bliss I say :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by hemanth.das (Post 1156865)
Go for gold buddy bolero is the best nothin to beat it. I have it from the past 8 years nothing to match its reliability. Not to mention the least I have a scorpio, innova and an accent nothing comes close to the bolero in reliability and cost of owner ship.

8 year 1lac+ kms on the odo no engine overhaul nothing she is happy as long as you feed her oil and clean her lungs the (filters)..

in 8 years the only thing apart from the tyres i changed is all the suspension springs and bushes and shock absorbers.

Yes, I tend to agree with you. Its definitely a go-anywhere truck..more so than the Scorpio.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikon (Post 1156880)
Sir... Ambassador?:D
Other options - Old gen Safari, Gypsy, Innova ?
Bolero is a very good option, but the used bolero rates are steep.

Yes, Bolero's are expensive on the used side. The people who have used such vehicles as you have listed above have literally abused and beaten up these work horses to humiliation and then put them up for sale at garages. Not my cup of tea.

Quote:

Originally Posted by headers (Post 1156916)

As you have a variety in your garage, you might like some reliability and comfort occasionally.

Yes. That is what I am craving for. However, I felt that the Bolero is a nice compromise between all these vehicles. Cheap, rugged, reasonably comfy, highly reliable and good resale values. I did look at some Esteem's (I cannot picture myself driving a Wagon R or an Alto..I need some element of rust on my car) but their perceived value is just too high as compared to their logical value.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vinaydas (Post 1156917)
how about a used swift diesel ? but then again its heart is a fiat u rather go for a fiat i say :) but not to mention the cheap running costs and ample service stations in every nook and corner.(im also from Blore i know its hard to service fiats here)

I have heard a lot of complaints about rattles in a Swift Diesel. And I am struggling *not* to buy another hatch or sedan. But at a good price, the Swift Diesel is certainly a killer product. Sadly, most people owning the Swift D are not interested in negotiating even though the times are bad.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MileCruncher (Post 1156982)
agree: I have a Alto in the family and its an excellent car to drive in the city. Pure Bliss I say :)

Aaaagh! I dont have an extended family here to whom I can dump the alto when I am fed-up.

been where? and done what?

Been to a FIAT dealer and done buying a FIAT, thrice.
Once bitten, twice shy, thrice Jeeper!

Venky, considered the San Storm? The girls will love it.