Team-BHP - Car for someone who's been there and done that!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   What Car? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-car/)
-   -   Car for someone who's been there and done that! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-car/52237-car-someone-whos-been-there-done-6.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Liner (Post 1167243)
Got the answer for this now. The Life time road tax is 13% for new vehicles to be registered that is between 5L and 10L. It is 12% for vehicles under 5L. Both of them have to be under 5 square metres in size/floor area. For Vehicles more than 10L, it goes up to 16%.

See page 9 of: http://rto.kar.nic.in/TaxaAmen2008.pdf

I doubt this has reduced the levels you talk about. Still 13% does not match the rates provided by India Garage or the others. There is yet again a difference of 8-10k.

In AP Road Tax is 12% if its a 2nd vehicle in a person's name. Else 9%. In Delhi its 4-5% I think. Damn can't go there to buy the car

Alright guys, I have another update. Today, I decided to go ahead and book the Bolero DI Turbo SLE edition with the local dealer. Since it had been a while since I had driven a car, I asked him to bring a Bolero so i could whip her around.

After we finished the TD, as we were getting out the vehicle, he let it slip that the new Scorpio was launching. Ofcourse I knew that. I asked him if the current Scorp's were going down in price. He said it already has.

WHAT?!?!

How much?

50k sir. It is now 8.7L on road.

So, if I dont include those accessories, then its 8.5L?

Yes sir.

Wow, a quick couple of calls later, I decided that the 2.6 CRDE Scorp is very good VFM indeed for the price of 8.5L (add another 10k for Extended warranty of 4 years or 1,00,000 kms). He's throwing in some basic accessories.

Vehicle booked. Heading over to the stockyard today to have a look at the vehicle and will take delivery in a week since it will take me some time to cough up the dough.

All's well that end's well?

Congrats!!!

Thats quite a journey from the starting to the end ! LOL! I guess we buy with our heart and do the calculations later

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Liner (Post 1201979)

For YOU, yes indeed! I'm happy for you, but I feel cheated!
So how much is the 4WD option? Mine, 2½ years ago was just a tad under 10 big ones.

As Nirvana sang, Nevermind! 2½ years is a long long time and the world WILL change!

All the best for you Red! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by MileCruncher (Post 1201993)
Congrats!!!

Thats quite a journey from the starting to the end ! LOL! I guess we buy with our heart and do the calculations later

Hey Mile cruncher! You wont believe the kind of detailing I am getting into with this deal. This is how it looks:

Ex Showroom: 7,06,911
Road Tax: 101,088 (it will be less, these guys inflate it)
Insurace: 28,907
Incidental Charges (registration): 6,000 ( i dont know how the registration fee differs from one vehicle to the next).
Standard Fitment (crap stuff like MP3 system etc): 18,755
Extended Warranty: 9,999 (4 years + 100,000 kms).
On road: 8,71,660.

I deduct 18,755, so it drops to about 8,52,000. I get some basic accessories. I will get a cheaper insurance quote, so I save about 5 there. I dont pay anything ofr registration, so I save 6k there. So another 11G's in total. And I will definitely save on the road tax because these guys club their cash expenses in it. So overall on the conservative side, I save about 15k at the least. So my effective price comes to about 8,40,000. Now I think thats decent VFM. Considering this is just 70k odd more than the Bolero CRDE, its a no brainer. So Milecruncher, I would recommend you take a rain check and go back to the M&M guys.

Quote:

Originally Posted by anupmathur (Post 1201999)
For YOU, yes indeed! I'm happy for you, but I feel cheated!
So how much is the 4WD option? Mine, 2½ years ago was just a tad under 10 big ones.

As Nirvana sang, Nevermind! 2½ years is a long long time and the world WILL change!

All the best for you Red! :)

I did not even bother to ask about 4wd, since I have a Willy's. The Scorp's 4wd's are at best a compromise for someone who cannot own a jeep. Sorry if I'm harsh, but hey lets not kid ourselves. Hmm, so I save about 1.5L over the past 2.5 years. Not bad. Its okay man...if I saved like 3L then you ought to shoot yourself and the chaps at Mahindra!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Liner (Post 1202058)
I did not even bother to ask about 4wd, since I have a Willy's. The Scorp's 4wd's are at best a compromise for someone who cannot own a jeep. Sorry if I'm harsh, but hey lets not kid ourselves.

You're right, Red.
Thing is, I'm not into off roading!
The only use I have for 4X4 is to be able to travel freely in the mountains, on public roads! For that, this one has served me fine till now. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Liner (Post 1202058)
So my effective price comes to about 8,40,000. Now I think thats decent VFM. Considering this is just 70k odd more than the Bolero CRDE, its a no brainer. So Milecruncher, I would recommend you take a rain check and go back to the M&M guys.

The VLX is costing me 7.4 without shaving off all that you did. It would be slightly more if I also did that. So that 1L difference.

More than the money or VFM, its the heart (both mine and my wife's) that has got stuck with the Bolero. She is hooked with the looks and the road presence and so am I. Only thing is I want a decent pick up so the the CRDe.

But then again you never know! Like you went to buy a Bolero and came back with a Scorpio:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Liner (Post 1201979)
Wow, a quick couple of calls later, I decided that the 2.6 CRDE Scorp is very good VFM indeed for the price of 8.5L (add another 10k for Extended warranty of 4 years or 1,00,000 kms). He's throwing in some basic accessories.

Vehicle booked. Heading over to the stockyard today to have a look at the vehicle and will take delivery in a week since it will take me some time to cough up the dough.

2.6 CRDe is a pretty good choice Reliner. Congrats.

Good venky. Do read the "PDI inspection thread" here -- if you have not read it already.

Will come in handy.

Cheers,

Printouts taken and waving about wildly!

I think you made the right choice, the Scorpio is definitely better than the bolero for the price difference you mentioned.

Quote:

Originally Posted by anupmathur (Post 1202070)
You're right, Red.
Thing is, I'm not into off roading!
The only use I have for 4X4 is to be able to travel freely in the mountains, on public roads! For that, this one has served me fine till now. :)

Your travel freely in the mountains, as I recently found out are trips to leh and ladakh :) I think the Scorpio 4wd is perfect for that - the next logical choice being the Endy 4x4.

Trick off-roading is something you dont want to use a 4x4 Scorpio for as a few owners found out in the just concluded OTR in Bangalore.

redliner can you provide the specs please in terms of the power windows etc that your gettin for this price are your getting the side cladding..

why you did not look at the xlyo

any reasons for not looking at xylo from mahindra too, or were u too mch for bolero which surpassed you from her to scorpiolol:.