Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2009, 21:50   #91
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.das View Post
redliner can you provide the specs please in terms of the power windows etc that your gettin for this price are your getting the side cladding..
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.das View Post
why you did not look at the xlyo
Hemanth, i am getting power everything but no side cladding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
any reasons for not looking at xylo from mahindra too, or were u too mch for bolero which surpassed you from her to scorpio.
Apologies, but my brain interprets the xylo as an oversized sperm whale.

Todays et says the 2.6 is being discontinued and the 2.2 is replacing everything. 2 issues. Is the 2.2 plus abs good to throw the extra money down on and how much extra is it going to be?
Old 7th March 2009, 22:08   #92
Senior - BHPian

wow, from intial 3L budget to 8.5 L . How did that happen ? Congrats BTW .
Old 7th March 2009, 22:20   #93
BHPian

congrats man
however you said u need it for 1 to 1 1/2 years
heres my reasoning-new scorpio is released yesterday
the 2.6 engine is gone only 2.2 m hawk now
if i were u there are lots of used good 2.6 scorpios available for 5 lakh
if i were you i would have gone for a second hand scorpio
after 1 1/2 years your new 8.5 lakh scorpio is going to loose 3 lakhs when you sell it cause outdated engine and old model whereas the secondhand one you will loose max 1 to 1.5 lakh

Last edited by dockap : 7th March 2009 at 22:24.
Old 7th March 2009, 23:12   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Todays et says the 2.6 is being discontinued and the 2.2 is replacing everything. 2 issues. Is the 2.2 plus abs good to throw the extra money down on and how much extra is it going to be?
Hey RedLiner,
Congrats on the Scorpio. Why are you still thinking?
Stop thinking buddy, i am sure you are going nuts.
If you still plan to think, do it in lines of Bolero
Keep us posted anyways!
Cheers,
Deepak
Old 7th March 2009, 23:29   #95
BHPian

new prices of scorpio all models 2.2 m hawk engine top end model prices reduced by 1.5 lakhs
LX 721000
SLE 820000
VLX-micro hybrid 930000
VLX-AT 999000
you sure you still wanna go for the old 2.6?
Old 11th March 2009, 16:52   #96
Senior - BHPian

From a search that started with a sub 3 lakh car to a brand new Scorpio, quite a long way! Good for you, that's a nice beast to have!
Old 17th March 2009, 16:34   #97
Senior - BHPian

Hey Redliner, did you get the delivery of your Scorpio?
Old 17th March 2009, 17:45   #98
Distinguished - BHPian

Dithered in good stead?

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
wow, from intial 3L budget to 8.5 L . How did that happen ? Congrats BTW .
Well, I wanted to get a used car, but when I saw all the used cars on offer, found them to be over priced junk. I did not want a sedan. So the only ones I could look at were the low-cost SUV types. Those available on the used market were pretty much junk. Then I decided to upgrade to a new Bolero. Then as I dilly dallied, the CRDE Bolero was launched. I dithered some more. Then the prices of the Scorpio dropped. I dithered even more. Then they launched the Mhawk across all variants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
congrats man
however you said u need it for 1 to 1 1/2 years
heres my reasoning-new scorpio is released yesterday
the 2.6 engine is gone only 2.2 m hawk now
if i were u there are lots of used good 2.6 scorpios available for 5 lakh
if i were you i would have gone for a second hand scorpio
after 1 1/2 years your new 8.5 lakh scorpio is going to loose 3 lakhs when you sell it cause outdated engine and old model whereas the secondhand one you will loose max 1 to 1.5 lakh
I have decided to go for an Mhawk, and the prices right now are pretty much better VFM as opposed to a few months back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by starter View Post
Hey RedLiner,
Congrats on the Scorpio. Why are you still thinking?
Stop thinking buddy, i am sure you are going nuts.
If you still plan to think, do it in lines of Bolero
Keep us posted anyways!
Cheers,
Deepak
Whew! Its because I thought and read and thought and dithered, that I finally have reached a point - and have booked the Mhawk SLE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
new prices of scorpio all models 2.2 m hawk engine top end model prices reduced by 1.5 lakhs
LX 721000
SLE 820000
VLX-micro hybrid 930000
VLX-AT 999000
you sure you still wanna go for the old 2.6?
You're right. However, I was still after the sales guys for reduced prices on the old stocks...but knowing Mahindra, they will not let it go for less than 20k discount at the maximum. Furthermore, I find people still buying the old stock on account of its looks. I found both to be similarly ugly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineethvazhayil View Post
From a search that started with a sub 3 lakh car to a brand new Scorpio, quite a long way! Good for you, that's a nice beast to have!
Well, cheers to my financier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Hey Redliner, did you get the delivery of your Scorpio?
Nope - just booked. Will take 3 weeks. Going in for the Refresh version.

How about you? I have done more checking on the bolero and apparently 50% of the owners I spoke to were not happy about the comfort provided during longer drives. The seats in the Refresh scorpio have been bolstered further as compared to the older one. The Bolero seats in comparison feels like a used office chair. Use your dithering in good stead.
Old 17th March 2009, 18:22   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How about you? I have done more checking on the bolero and apparently 50% of the owners I spoke to were not happy about the comfort provided during longer drives. The seats in the Refresh scorpio have been bolstered further as compared to the older one. The Bolero seats in comparison feels like a used office chair. Use your dithering in good stead.
Even I'm in the same boat. I at one point had gone to the showroom with my cheque book to make the down payment but the sales guy did some goof - up and I came back without paying. That was Mid - February. Since then situation changed drastically at the domestic front and I had to pay close to 3 Lacs as cash for something(s) (This was the money for my car).

Now that when I was getting ready for my car, Mahindra launched the M-Hawk. Went and TD the old LX and both me and my wife found it very uncomfortable. Gear lever position was the worst. Wifey liked the new one better in terms of interior cabin space and the driver position (don't ask me why as I'm equally perplexed). In our TBHP meet last sunday, she liked getsurya's Scorpio VLX but the price has dampened her spirit.

Haven't TD the M-Hawk so don't know. To add to the confusion my specially ordered Black Bolero VLX is still enroute for the last 25 days (some bugger called from the dealer and said it's enroute so I should come and pay the deposit. Yah! Right!!!).

In my heart of hearts, I'm sold on the Bolero's look ( old one was good, new one is a bit of a softy). My wife likes it for the driving position and road presence. All I now hope that "THE" Black Bolero VLX comes fast and ends my dithering.
Old 17th March 2009, 23:08   #100
BHPian

Quote:
I find people still buying the old stock on account of its looks. I found both to be similarly ugly.

so you are buying the newer version of ugly btw which colour have you booked

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks