Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2009, 17:57   #16
Senior - BHPian

i20 anyday compared to the ugly duckling from Suzuki (no offence to Dzire owners)
Old 22nd February 2009, 16:37   #17

Guys, need your advice. I am planning to buy a new car for my parents to replace the Getz that they have. I have narrowed down my option down to the Fabia and the i20. This car will primarily be used in the city only an occasional drive on the Highways. It needs to be loaded with features up to the brim cause my parents need their share of comfort. Although I'd love to buy a bigger car, but their insisting on a hatchback as they find the Getz extremely convenient.
A very decisive factor is being able to get in and out of the car easily.

Budget not an issue.
Help please
Old 25th February 2009, 21:52   #18
BHPian

Hi,

The i20 has enough space in the rear to accomodate 3 people. It has class leading build quality, safety features and interiors. Its only let down as everyone said is that it is powered by the same engine that powers the i10 1.2 Kappa. I read in a auto mag that its top speed is only 137 kph.
If you are looking for a car that delivers outright performance in this segment, you should buy the Swift (not Dzire). For an extra boot, you could buy the Dzire. But again increase in weight = drop in performance.

About Petrol Vs Diesel, If you are going to drive less than 1000 kms per month, you should stick to petrol. The more you drive, the sooner you'll get gains from a diesel.

I did this research a month back and ended up buying a petrol car. I did some math and worked it out. Let me know if you need it. I can give more details.

Good luck

- Para
Old 26th February 2009, 12:27   #19
BANNED

Spacewise, the i20 offers really more. Its is 1710 MM wide, which means if offers incredible shoulder space and the wheelbase is approx 2522. The Dezire on the other hand shares the same measurements as the Swift.

So overall, I would say, go in for the i20, both featurewise and space
Old 4th March 2009, 22:02   #20
BHPian

i20 should be cramped

i had recently booked an i20 asta sparkle blue and cancelled it as the dealership gave me false promises and failed to deliver the car in time. seems asta version is not yet ready for customers and will come on road only in april in chennai.

if space is what you are looking for then i think swift dezire should be the choice. neither car can accomodate 5 huge people. 3 in back seat of i20 should be cramped as well as in dezire. but the seats in dezire is lot more comfortable than the i20. when i took my mother for a testdrive in i20 the first thing she said was " whis is this seat so hard?". i sincerely agree that seats were pretty hard in quality that its cumbersome for even a citydrive ( dont think i am saying all this just because i have cancelled the car) leave alone the long distance travel. its true. it was not comfy at all. even in verna ( my father owns one now) i am not comfortable with the cushioning of the seat. it generates a lot of heat that the buttk gets heated sitting in it for few minutes. in dezire it was much better with better cushioning.

if at all u go for i20 please put some soft seat cover so that u can be comfortable in driving
Old 6th March 2009, 20:13   #21

^ dude i20 is replacement same engine from 1.2 kappa from i10

at least get better skodar fabi or i10 automatic or asta top model if u like

cause i20 has brake problem issue i have hear at dsc hyundai service center chennai but that is too much wired issue
Old 7th March 2009, 14:08   #22
Senior - BHPian

get your family on TD of the shortlisted vehicles and then decide how comfortable the cars are, as respect i20 though featured with loads would run out of breathe with full occupancy and luggage, price higher and no other engine option, i would suggest you to look at getz prime, spacious,has enough boot space and engine options to choose from, if you want a sedan go for dzire, its worth going for.
Old 24th March 2009, 14:46   #23
Senior - BHPian

Close your eyes and go in for the i20. It is an excellent car with some very good features. Its interiors are well laid out and is attractive.

The dezire is decent but looks disproportionate. Further the interiors are pretty cramped as it is the same as the Swift.

The i20 on the other hand is incredibly spacious, More than1700MM wide and approx. 4000MM in lenght
Old 27th March 2009, 07:25   #24
TOR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikhanna View Post
calling Dezire a sedan is a joke on all sedans

If the 'boot' is what separates a sedan from a hatch then the dzire is a full grown sedan!

Boot space is 464liters much bigger than the verna's and Fiesta's !
Old 27th March 2009, 09:11   #25
BHPian

My 2 cents:
Dzire -
Adv -> proven engine, decent power and efficiency, boot, Better resale, Excellent A**
Disadv -> Quality of interiors, ICE not latest as i20 (USB etc)

i20 -
Adv -> Great interiors, Seating space, easy to use in city / parking, Good A**
Disadv -> Underpowered, new engine, smaller boot, resale value should be lesser than a sedan (my assumption)
Old 30th March 2009, 15:45   #26
BHPian

My choice the i20, it looks cool and is loaded with all sorts of gadgets. Power of the engine is just right.
Old 4th May 2009, 15:55   #27
Senior - BHPian

If the intentions are for an i20 then there are other new comparable cars on the list joining different sales divisions across the country-Ritz/punto/jazz.Have a comparison and test drives of all 3 in fact 4 and decide.Punto launch is june 3rd,ritz would be 15 may,and jazz would join some time in a month or so.atleast in a month you can compare punto and ritz with the i20.

ram
Old 12th May 2009, 11:49   #28
BHPian

i20 it is.It is way above dezire in comforts and oomph factor. It sure is a looker and storage space is enough to acomodate 2 big size suitcases standing upright for your travelling needs which mostly is enough while travelling. Further would suggest you to surely go for a drive and decide for yourself.

Additionally you can also contemplate waiting for Jazz and Fiat grande Punto to be launched soon in June hopefully.
Old 4th August 2009, 18:39   #29
glenn

I somehow dont like Hyundai cars , they just like one of the chinnese dolls just cute looking pieces
I would always go for our desi maruti

Old 10th August 2009, 22:51   #30
BHPian

Since you mentioned that you could not think of anything else and you wanted 5 people to be seated comfortably, you can consider the Renault Logan Petrol. The 1.4 is well within your budget and the 1.6 too if you can stretch by another 20-40 K depending on your City. The car has awesome space. My dad and I sat in its back seat on each extreme and there was a football ground in between us!

You can also consider the Accent Executive, and the Ford Ikon. Although the Ikon is less than 5.5 lacs, you can get good driving pleasure as well as good rear seats. Other choices the Chevrolet U-VA, the various TATA Indigo ranges,

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks