Team-BHP - Hi, I am Kailash from Canada - Budget 6 to 6.5 lac
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   What Car? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-car/)
-   -   Hi, I am Kailash from Canada - Budget 6 to 6.5 lac (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-car/56018-hi-i-am-kailash-canada-budget-6-6-5-lac.html)

Hello BHPian, It's a great site for discussion on Indian automobile. Thanks for including me in the members list. Currently I am in Canada & I am planning to buy a new car in Jaipur, India for my family. Budget around 6 to 6.5 lac. It's been quite while I am reading review & digging info about latest Indian mid size car market. Hope now you guys can help me to come to a conclusion please:.
Thanks,
Kailash

Hi Kailash! Welcome on board TBHP! For the budget you have given you may look at Indigo, Logan and Dzire. My personal fav is Dzire. It has the works, awesome engine, VFM. The diesel one is a dream on wheels (not on stock tyres though!).

It will help if you let us know any specific requirements that you have from the car you plan to buy. How many people will travel in it, is it for city use or highway use and any other such detail.

Check out some ownership reviews for the said cars. Do let us know which one you finally go on to buy.

Thanks dushmish, I always prefer safety first. So Dual Airbeg & ABS with EBD is very important. Runing would be like 1000km to 1500k per month. So far I have shortlisted Swift ZXi, i10 Asta, i20, Aveo LT, Ford Fiesta Zxi+ABS which requires extra streching of my budget. Now I need an advice from Team BHP Guru's that every dealerI spoke with in Jaipur says, Airbags & ABS is not so important in Indian city drives. Expept if you are in hilly or heavy rainy areas. Socond things I need which has highest resale value becuase approx. after two years & so, my family might join me in Canada. I thought of buying second hand car in Jaipur but Airbags & ABS are not available. Or else I need to stretch my budget for Verna or Skoda. Which I don'y want to do that. Becuase I want to pay cash.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kc_gladys (Post 1243487)
Thanks dushmish, I always prefer safety first. So Dual Airbeg & ABS with EBD is very important.

You are welcome Kailash. Right said pal, Safety First, ALWAYS.

Quote:

Runing would be like 1000km to 1500k per month. So far I have shortlisted Swift ZXi, i10 Asta, i20, Aveo LT, Ford Fiesta Zxi+ABS which requires extra streching of my budget.

You have a good enough budget. I don't think you need to stretch it. Given that you plan to sell off in two years spending too much would not be a good idea. Remember, cars depreciate max in the first two years. 1000 to 1500 km of city driving is what most car owners do. You should look at Swift of i10. Check out the reviews.

Quote:

Now I need an advice from Team BHP Guru's that every dealerI spoke with in Jaipur says, Airbags & ABS is not so important in Indian city drives. Expept if you are in hilly or heavy rainy areas.

Am no guru but I can tell you there are not specific regions of area to need safety features like ABS, airbags. You need them only once when an accident happens. Why take a chance? And about the hilly drive etc, you may dismiss that as stupid talk. If you can pay for it it is always good to add safety features to your purchase.

Quote:

Socond things I need which has highest resale value becuase approx. after two years & so, my family might join me in Canada. I thought of buying second hand car in Jaipur but Airbags & ABS are not available. Or else I need to stretch my budget for Verna or Skoda. Which I don'y want to do that. Becuase I want to pay cash.

Coming to resale value, Maruti has the best. Check out some sites like carwale.com and you will know how used cars fare.

Also I would recommend you request the moderator (by clicking on the report post option - the white triangle under my name on the left) to change the title - help on deciding a car with budget Rs xxxx, and get it posted in the relevant forum. Not many people (read Gurus) would be looking at this post thinking it is an intro.