Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2009, 11:08   #16
BHPian

Good enjoy the Meru service and do post pics of your Scorpio. BTW the Indigo XL is supremely comfortable but the rear seats lack good Lumbar support. The cabbies often complain of lower mileage of 12-13km/kg of CNG as against 18-20 km/Kg of Esteem.

Last edited by sandeep.mishra : 3rd June 2009 at 11:11.
Old 3rd June 2009, 17:14   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
great, what color ? accessories ? discounts ? total cost ?

did I miss anything ?
Black colour with silver cladding - VLX model, it is so ridiculously loaded that really do not need too many accessories. Might buy a bullbar, gearlock and some small items.

Unfortunately, no discounts - tried negotiating a lot, but only got the insurance to drop from 36K to 22K.

Ex-showroom is 9.24 Lakhs, add insurance of 22K, Gurgaon registration of 18K and dealer handling charges of 6.5K - that's all that I've signed up to pay - a total of 9.75 Lakhs ! A steal compared to what the same SUV costs in Pune (and to think that it is manufactured in MH land)

Will post the details of delivery, etc. soon (on a new thread, I presume)
Old 4th June 2009, 10:35   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car.lover View Post
Black colour with silver cladding - VLX model, it is so ridiculously loaded that really do not need too many accessories. Might buy a bullbar, gearlock and some small items.
Black color - well looks cool, be ready for cleaning it daily, thanks to dust on Gurgaon roads. Yup, loads of features built in, how about roof AC, that cladding on the doorstep ?

Quote:
Unfortunately, no discounts - tried negotiating a lot, but only got the insurance to drop from 36K to 22K.
If you take insurance on your own then too you would get similar quotes

Quote:
Ex-showroom is 9.24 Lakhs, add insurance of 22K, Gurgaon registration of 18K and dealer handling charges of 6.5K - that's all that I've signed up to pay - a total of 9.75 Lakhs ! A steal compared to what the same SUV costs in Pune (and to think that it is manufactured in MH land)
I agree, the taxes + Registraton charges of 1% of ex-showroom price makes Gurgaon the preferred destination for registration of cars. The dealer is charging you more than 1%, try to pull him down on the rates for registration, I am sure he will bring it down. Many of BHPians have got their vehicles registered themselves , I guess Redliner also did it. Though its a cumbersome process, hence pressurize dealer to get it done at actual rates.

Quote:

Will post the details of delivery, etc. soon (on a new thread, I presume)
Yup, waiting. Dont miss PDI list, some of the members have made a nice excel sheet of that, get it done as PRI
Old 9th June 2009, 15:16   #19
Senior - BHPian

Congrats car.lover on booking the Scorpio VLX. Be ready to enjoy the power delivery and aim & shoot of the M-Hawk. Gurgaon and Delhi are lot cheaper to buy cars than most other states. I paid 9% here in Hyderabad just a few days back .

Anyways haggle for insurance. You can check quotes on Buy Online Insurance, India Car Insurance, Mediclaim & Health Insurance, Life Insurance Policies: Policybazaar as well. I paid 18K for a 29K quote ON 7 Lakhs.

P.S.: Rates somehow gets reduced towards the end of the month with the agents.
Old 15th June 2009, 11:17   #20
BHPian

Quick update from my side and not a pleasant one.

I booked the vehicle on 31 May, was guaranteed delivery by 10 June and was actually pleased to hear from the dealer that the vehicle arrived in time, and would be delivered on the 11th.

Imagine my surprise on the 11th, when a really irritating lady (RIL) calls from the dealership and says - sir, you will have to register your car as a taxi or a semi commercial vehicle because 8 seaters are not permitted to be registered as private vehicles in Haryana. I was astounded to say the least and enquired why this was not told to me when I was booking the vehicle itself. RIL then has the nerve to tell me that actually you should be pleased I am calling and telling you this, because residents of Gurgaon should know the rules of their state !

I calmed down inspite of my inherent tendency to lose my cool and asked to speak to RIL's mnanager - spoke to him and he assured me that he will do his best to get a 7 seater for me in the same colour / specs that I had asked.
I was also pleasantly surprised when RIL's manager called and told me that a 7 str has been identified, and will be delivered the next day, i.e. 12th June.

So, I am all excited on 12th, waiting for my car - applied for half day leave as I was told delivery will be at 2.30 pm - took the PDI checklist printout, spoke to the dealership in the morning, reconfirmed delivery time, etc. etc.

At 2.00 pm, after I've left office RIL calls again saying, sorry registration could not be done, Haryana registration closes at 12.00 pm, next day is a second saturday so delivery will be only on Monday. I was incensed beyond measure - lost my cool, shouted on the phone and asked to be connected to her manager. Manager again comes on, apologises, says sorry - please come over to the dealership, I will explain, etc. etc.

Meanwhile, my loan had come through, and DO had been faxed to the dealership. So when I went there, manager shows me the vehicle - all ready for delivery (looks awesome) and says you have to pay the rest of the amount, sign some papers and on Monday morning I will register the car and send it over to your office itself. If you wish, do the pooja here right now, etc. etc.

Like a fool, I paid the rest of the money, did the pooja and went home.

Promptly this morning RIL calls again (I was hoping for once she would have good news), and guess what - she says M & M has asked us to stop all deliveries till a QC check is done. It will take 7-8 days more for delivery.

What the hell?

Am I jinxed, or is there something I am missing?

Last edited by Jaggu : 15th June 2009 at 11:29. Reason: Please refrain from using abusive language, Thanks
Old 15th June 2009, 12:24   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quick update from my side and not a pleasant one.

I booked the vehicle on 31 May, was guaranteed delivery by 10 June and was actually pleased to hear from the dealer that the vehicle arrived in time, and would be delivered on the 11th.

Imagine my surprise on the 11th, when a really irritating lady (RIL) calls from the dealership and says - sir, you will have to register your car as a taxi or a semi commercial vehicle because 8 seaters are not permitted to be registered as private vehicles in Haryana. I was astounded to say the least and enquired why this was not told to me when I was booking the vehicle itself. RIL then has the nerve to tell me that actually you should be pleased I am calling and telling you this, because residents of Gurgaon should know the rules of their state !

I calmed down inspite of my inherent tendency to lose my cool and asked to speak to RIL's mnanager - spoke to him and he assured me that he will do his best to get a 7 seater for me in the same colour / specs that I had asked.
I was also pleasantly surprised when RIL's manager called and told me that a 7 str has been identified, and will be delivered the next day, i.e. 12th June.

So, I am all excited on 12th, waiting for my car - applied for half day leave as I was told delivery will be at 2.30 pm - took the PDI checklist printout, spoke to the dealership in the morning, reconfirmed delivery time, etc. etc.

At 2.00 pm, after I've left office RIL calls again saying, sorry registration could not be done, Haryana registration closes at 12.00 pm, next day is a second saturday so delivery will be only on Monday. I was incensed beyond measure - lost my cool, shouted on the phone and asked to be connected to her manager. Manager again comes on, apologises, says sorry - please come over to the dealership, I will explain, etc. etc.

Meanwhile, my loan had come through, and DO had been faxed to the dealership. So when I went there, manager shows me the vehicle - all ready for delivery (looks awesome) and says you have to pay the rest of the amount, sign some papers and on Monday morning I will register the car and send it over to your office itself. If you wish, do the pooja here right now, etc. etc.

Like a fool, I paid the rest of the money, did the pooja and went home.

Promptly this morning RIL calls again (I was hoping for once she would have good news), and guess what - she says M & M has asked us to stop all deliveries till a QC check is done. It will take 7-8 days more for delivery.

What the hell?

Am I jinxed, or is there something I am missing?
Two things that sound fishy are:
  1. No delivery without registration. Previously cars used to be given with Temporary Registration which used to be valid for one month. One had to get the registration done in that duration.
  2. QC being done by Mahindra. Vehicle out of the factory can always be delivered and the customer can bring up for any further check-up. Also the time of 6-7 days for QC check up is too high.
Are you sure that the dealership has not promised the car to someone else.
Old 18th June 2009, 16:21   #22
Senior - BHPian

I understand some of the cars have been called up for 3-4 hrs job on ECU - but that was for AT and not manual.

And yes, as said by Milecruncher, the car can be delivered with Temp registration number valid for 30 days and there is also a dealer temp number valid for 2 days. Speak to your contacts in Mahindra to check what the real matter is !!

Something seems fishy here, seems they dont have a vehicle ready and on the 8 seater Commercial thing, why dont you check with other Mahindra dealers and if you can take out time, goto Gurgaon RTO and check with them. I donot agree on the 8 seater commercial vehicle rule.
Old 18th June 2009, 19:38   #23
BHPian

I have confirmed it.The commercial vehicle rule is valid.
But this is not done ,what quality check

Moreover in gurgaon every one gets the car with temporary registration number only.The permanent number comes only after 1-1.5 months.
In delhi although you get the permanent number instantly.

Last edited by k2max6 : 18th June 2009 at 19:41.
Old 19th June 2009, 10:17   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2max6 View Post
I have confirmed it.The commercial vehicle rule is valid.
This would be one of the bizzarre rules that Gurgaon has.
Old 19th June 2009, 10:23   #25
BHPian

Thanks for your help, I did check with M & M and they confirmed that all deliveries have been put on hold till some "part" (he seemed to be vague about which part, but maybe because he was a sales guy he did not know) is replaced.

Now the said part needs to be shipped from the factory and I am assuming that if M & M is on an average selling a 1000 Scorpios a week across the country, they do not have so many replacements in stock.

For those of you who have been following the thread, its been a month since moving to Gurgaon and I have still not solved my car problems. (The Civic is back, but Agarwal has yet to reimburse me for the 87K bill that I had to pay to Pearl Honda).

With all the frustrations building in, I gave M & M a piece of my mind and asked for either a full refund or a a replacement vehicle till this problem is sorted out. I also dropped a few names of their senior mgmt in Mumbai that I have access to if required.

They chose the second option, but only for a pickup and drop facility. So for the past 4 days, I have a car picking me up from my Gurgaon home and dropping me to my office in the morning and reverse in the evening.

Some respite at least - wifey can use the Civic, which is rightfully hers.

I have been calling the dealer and M & M to find out the status, but there is no clarity. "Waiting for the part to arrive sir, will arrive today" has been the story for the past 3 days.
Old 19th June 2009, 11:24   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey Car.lover, sorry to hear about your ordeal since you landed here. Hope things work out fine soon.

And yes, you cannot drive with a temporary registered vehicle atleast in Delhi, might be true for Gurgaon as well. The 8-seater law is there, was put in place to ensure that taxi-operators do not register private vehicles and then use them as taxis, thus evading the taxes applicable. Even on the highways you can see the cops pulling over suspicious SUVs with white number plates to ensure that they indeed are private vehicles.

Good that you now atleast have a pickup and drop facility. Once you have the keys in your hand, trust me, nothing else will bother you.

Expecting an ownership thread soon.
All the best
Old 20th June 2009, 10:31   #27
Senior - BHPian

troubled days will soon be over. M&M must be doing all they can do to close the sales of their vehicles. They are obviously interested in selling too.
Old 20th June 2009, 11:11   #28
Senior - BHPian

car lover - sorry to hear your plight.

just wanted to put in some info which might be of help to you/others in future while transporting your vehicles
there is something called transit insurance which you can take from most insurers for the period of transit of your car.
i recently moved from gurgaon to chennai. most cases the packers themselves have a tie up with some insurer and can facilitate this. but you can also go direct to the insurance co. and take it. premium is around 0.5-1% of car value. so its quite nominal given the potential damages that can happen as seen

i moved my car through a packers approved by my co. - ALLIED LEMUIR. they were quite good. ( less expensive than AGARWAL too )

the car landed in good shape but with with some hairline scratches in a few places. the packers promptly offered me Rs1000 as costs towards polishing the car.

keep us posted reg your experience with AGARWAL packers. Possibly you can start a new thread where you can post a detailed review of your experience with them
Old 23rd June 2009, 13:49   #29
BHPian

Finally here !!!

Yes, the wait is over - I got a call from M & M's regional manager on Saturday apologising for the delay and asking me when I would like to take delivery.

I was elated to say the least and agreed to take delivery ASAP. (apparently Delhi customers don't take delivery on Saturdays - dunno why, but I had no issues with the day).

And here I am now a proud owner of the Scorpio VLX - love the verhicle, its been worth the wait

Guys, thanks for all the help and support through the ordeal, I will post a new thread with my delivery and driving experience along with pics soon
Old 23rd June 2009, 17:13   #30
Senior - BHPian

Congrats car.lover! Hope you enjoy your new Scorp.

As regards Agarwal Packers, they smashed up my BIL's Alto too, on transit to Hyd from Chennai.It took him 3 weeks and 30 K to get it repaired, and he had to run around for 2 months to get that money---he did get it finally.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks