Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2009, 18:19   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car.lover View Post
Finally here !!!

Yes, the wait is over - I got a call from M & M's regional manager on Saturday apologising for the delay and asking me when I would like to take delivery.

I was elated to say the least and agreed to take delivery ASAP. (apparently Delhi customers don't take delivery on Saturdays - dunno why, but I had no issues with the day).

And here I am now a proud owner of the Scorpio VLX - love the verhicle, its been worth the wait

Guys, thanks for all the help and support through the ordeal, I will post a new thread with my delivery and driving experience along with pics soon
Congratulations for owning a beast. Happy driving!
I am sure the wait will definately pay off!!

PS: Whats the status of refund from Agarwal?
Old 23rd June 2009, 18:24   #32
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on becoming the owner of the beast.

Look forward to some pictures and report
Old 25th June 2009, 10:27   #33
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations for arrival of the truck at your doorstep.
What all accessories have you fitted ? Pics (do I need to say !)
Old 30th June 2009, 23:04   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Its been long enough!! When do we get to see your beast? Post some pics soon, better still, start a new ownership thread, will sure be a welcome change from the regular lineas we have been seeing for the past so many weeks!!
Old 1st July 2009, 22:14   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
... saw my dear car - badly hit on the left rear side as well as the front left side. The person there informed me that the rope which was holding the car snapped and the car rolled back and hit the end of the trailer. Just plain awful and irresponsible. But this transportation business is such an unorganised sector, what does one do?
If the car was insured with the mover and packer then you can claim the cost of damages from them.

Visit the agarwal packers website. They have a list of phone numbers of their managers across all locations in india. You can escalate to them. Moreover, if you have a bill and the time, you can go to a consumer court and claim a settlement towards the damages.
Old 1st July 2009, 22:34   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Walk in to any dealership with cash,Chances are high that you might get a ready delivery,try sridurga automobiles they have a huge stockyard and we got our scorpio ready delivered.The tactic worked for my punto aswell.
Old 20th July 2009, 15:04   #37
BHPian

Quote:
@Wander - The packers have agreed to fund the difference between the repair cost and the insurance payout. Trouble with that is threefold - one, I have to make a claim saying the car was being driven (as transit damage is not covered), two - Thus I lose my No Claims Bonus
Just came across this thread today. AFAIK, your insurance policy covers the transit of vehicle using any of the following means i.e. either driven on road, transported through train, transported on a trailer/truck.

I have transported my previous car twice and checked these details in the insurance policy somewhere (or perhaps read on the website of the insurer.). The transport company was trying to sell me another insurance just for the transit but when I showed them these details, they did not argue (as if they knew this and were just trying to squeeze a few extra bucks from me).

This has been quite some time (~2yrs) so I don't exactly remember where I read those details, but I sure did that.

Anyone has any comments/experience with that ?

Cheers
VM
Old 20th July 2009, 18:08   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Its been long enough!! When do we get to see your beast? Post some pics soon, better still, start a new ownership thread, will sure be a welcome change from the regular lineas we have been seeing for the past so many weeks!!
Sorry for the delay folks - its been a harrowing time at the office, but I have put in the initial report http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...i-m-lovin.html

On the Packers front – after weeks of pursuing, I have just got the cheque from New India for 59K. Now am raising a refund note to Agarwal for the difference, let’s hope that goes smoothly.....thanks for all your advice

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks