Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2009, 15:40   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
let me try once again
How about Linea,SX4 and T-bhp most cult car CEDIA.
Thanks for the try but to make your job easier, let me tell some thing.We have crossed these stages where in you debate on various cars and the point has reached where in we have narrowed down to 2. And we have decided that this will be final list (after going through lots of talks with friends and ref from web).
Old 1st July 2009, 15:41   #32
Senior - BHPian

Joe,

Is there a deadline too to take the decision ?
Old 1st July 2009, 15:55   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply_sunny001 View Post
Joe,

Is there a deadline too to take the decision ?
yes, till we sort out this and arrive on a conclusion. Come next new year, we are aiming at having either one of them.
Old 1st July 2009, 16:25   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecherian View Post
yes, till we sort out this and arrive on a conclusion. Come next new year, we are aiming at having either one of them.
Still six months away! Hope by that time "referee" will re-consider some rules.

Last edited by breezydrive : 1st July 2009 at 16:27.
Old 1st July 2009, 17:47   #35
Senior - BHPian

Wo wo people! I think @joecherian and his better half know the pros and cons of either vehicles. His dilemma, I believe, is winning the battle. So lets stick to the convincing part and less of the technical part.

@joecherian: Six months is a long time brah! You just twisted the neck of this thread.
Old 2nd July 2009, 08:02   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
@joecherian: Six months is a long time brah! You just twisted the neck of this thread.
Six months is the max we can wait. Before this, if Honda comes out with some limited edition/anniversary edition of City, then I won't have enough ammunition to fight my wife as she is just waiting for that opportunity.
Old 2nd July 2009, 09:35   #37
Senior - BHPian

Just refilling your ammunition a little bit...
May be you can show the 'Best C+ segment Sedan' poll and tell her that City is only having 50% of votes as that of Linea.
Old 6th July 2009, 19:05   #38
BHPian

Joe, i lost the battle.
(My thread-upgrading from santro - clash of the Titans-Safari vs Innova)

Best wishes for you to win!
Old 6th July 2009, 19:59   #39
BHPian

hmm, sounds like you have a companion in me. It looks same to me too.
Old 6th July 2009, 20:40   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Tell you what, just have her look at the travelogues of ADC, Suman, tsk1979, jaysmokesleaves(I hope i got the name right), Hrag(GQ run)!!
Old 6th July 2009, 21:54   #41
Senior - BHPian

city is (as per an autocar blurb) supposed to get a yearly refresh.
but then again, they are doing stuff on the safari every month - bug fixes (anybody remember the AC fuse issue) and enhancements (GX).
Since you are already a tata car owner, I dont think we need to explain that bit to you. with tata focussed on the nano for now, all its other plans (indigo vista, indica vista ABS etc) all seem to be on the backburner.

You got a fairly lucky with the indigo ( no serious issues with it I imagine). Are you willing to take that risk again? If you win the battle, but the safari turns out to be a lemon (a certain risk exists - look at tsk's safari) - Not only would you have lost the war, but remain a colossal monument of your bad judgement. If it does work out, well, you'll be happy, and your better half might be too

bottom line, a safari is a very good choice, provided you are willing to risk and know what needs to be done. otherwise the ANHC is a risk free, but low return investment. kinda like choosing to invest between that stock which you are certain is a winner and a mutual fund

Last edited by greenhorn : 6th July 2009 at 21:56.
Old 6th July 2009, 22:27   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
bottom line, a safari is a very good choice, provided you are willing to risk and know what needs to be done. otherwise the ANHC is a risk free, but low return investment. kinda like choosing to invest between that stock which you are certain is a winner and a mutual fund
Attaboy @Greenhorn. Well said. I was in favour of the beast initially,but, if the owner is not prepared to take any risks and wants to see his car in his own garage and not the A.S.S' then city be it.
Old 28th July 2009, 12:39   #43
BHPian

i think, the safari even without airbags and abs. if driven carefully can be a very safe vehicle, yeah its big, but thats the whole point of it. people bow down to it on city roads and give you the way.And on highways its respected by truck drivers and other vehicles, its the king of highways, just flash the lights and trucks give you the way instantly ive seen it myself. lolz

so what do you get for the bang of your bucks.

safari - big suv, more metal, oh lord the comfort, ride and cruising capabilities on highways, RESPECT from all vehicles. if its dirty you can say i went offroading recently . lolz and ohh you can sit 7 people comfortably. you get roof mounted AC on the EX. there are some features on the safari which are not there in honda city. for example home coming lights, indicators on ORVMS, just little stuff you know!!!

honda city- good engine, over priced, but good resale value, only 5 seater, you wont get alloys, no fog lamps, its a petrol, you will get snob value but i think we are lookin to look cool rather than snobby.

personally i would take safari any day in a heart beat over anything. , your wife is probably against safari as she may think its difficult to handle such a big suv. but i think if you convince her to drive it on a test drive or so, maybe her mind would change!! who knows?

all the best!!

Last edited by Caramelo : 28th July 2009 at 12:56.
Old 3rd August 2009, 14:26   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
You got a fairly lucky with the indigo ( no serious issues with it I imagine). Are you willing to take that risk again? If you win the battle, but the safari turns out to be a lemon (a certain risk exists - look at tsk's safari) - Not only would you have lost the war, but remain a colossal monument of your bad judgement. If it does work out, well, you'll be happy, and your better half might be too
well,being a Tata owner and having gone through the service experiences in various TASCs, I would never again think of getting another Tata vehicle (if a vehicle called Safari was not there ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
Attaboy @Greenhorn. Well said. I was in favour of the beast initially,but, if the owner is not prepared to take any risks and wants to see his car in his own garage and not the A.S.S' then city be it.
True, have had enough bad experiences with Tata and hence mind is slowly tilting to H ( and not to the distorted T and slanting H)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramelo View Post
personally i would take safari any day in a heart beat over anything. , your wife is probably against safari as she may think its difficult to handle such a big suv. but i think if you convince her to drive it on a test drive or so, maybe her mind would change!! who knows?
all the best!!
Thanks buddy, but with me getting older (:-)),I think it is better to have lesser headaches with vehicles and more with your children.
Old 29th September 2009, 16:16   #45
BHPian

Why don't you start a Poll. Since it's only 2 Vehicles, it's easier to decide.

Honda City is no doubt a better Car, but can our Indian Roads match to it?

Even newly built highways have problems of diversions etc.,

So, practicality will take you to Safari. Be prepared for quality issues, and you'll be more than satisfied.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks