Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2009, 19:14   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Decide between the Fiesta 1.6 S or the Punto (diesel preferably). i20 does everything ok but excels in nothing.... and believe you me there is no fun to be had from it given the weedy 1.2 litre engine which struggles to move and the dumbest steering on any hatch in India.
I do not think the punto is fun to drive at anything above 50, becausez anything above that you need earplugs.

You are just over reacting to the i20 1.2 spec. Its actually quite adequate for most people, and way better than the punto, both petrol and diesel. The steering is light, which is good for the city, highways may be a lil uncomfortable, but again, that too above 130-140, which many wont do on a consistent basis.

Last edited by Rehaan : 8th August 2009 at 16:49. Reason: Post edited. You've been warned before about posting flame-bait & this is looking more like borderline trolling. Last warning
Old 7th August 2009, 20:18   #17
Senior - BHPian

no opinions on the Indigo XL? I have heard it's got the best rear seat and with 100bhp's it should be good to drive. Also fit the budget nicely.
Old 7th August 2009, 20:23   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84 View Post
no opinions on the Indigo XL? I have heard it's got the best rear seat and with 100bhp's it should be good to drive. Also fit the budget nicely.
It would make a good chauffeur driven car, but a strict no-no if its going to be self driven. Also, tata petrols are not among the best around. so it needs to be seen how many of the 100 horses actually make it onto the road!!
Old 7th August 2009, 20:37   #19
Senior - BHPian

I think you should test drive the Fusion once as well. The fit and finish and NVH is amazing. And ford build. The only problem might be poor resell. But as its a old model you might end up with huge discounts.

Last edited by quickdraw : 7th August 2009 at 20:38.
Old 7th August 2009, 20:49   #20
BHPian

I think you should go for the I20, if not then streach a bit and go for the SX4.
Old 7th August 2009, 21:47   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Stay away from Indigo XL. As already mentioned Tata's petrol aint recommendable. If rear space is a issue why not wait for the Indigo Vista which will get Linea's engines. Tempting? Naaaah .go for the Fiesta!!!

Last edited by Rehaan : 8th August 2009 at 16:54. Reason: Quoted post edited.
Old 7th August 2009, 23:58   #22
Senior - BHPian

I hope my opinion helps those looking to buy a car in Ahmedabad as I am also mentioning my dealer feedback here.

1. Hyundai Getz- I want this car for the 110 Bhp turbo CRDi with that whoopin 24Kgm of torque. Also being old school design I can choose my own set of alloys and ICE to go on it. Plus its very much value for money now. I have heard that its not a great handler and I have only TD'd the verna as they didnt have the Getz crdi TD car (td was done at concept hyundai).

A friend of mine owns the dealership 'Planet Hyundai' of Planet auto group so I hope to get better service. Spares maybe an issue if they discontinue the car and the CRDI engine seems to be expensive to maintain.

2. Tata indigo XL- A comfortable and spacious rear bench with dedicated A/C console (very important factor) and Ton of features like auto down power windows on all four doors make me look at this car strongly. Also I suppose that spares should be cheap as it belongs to the Indi-XX family. Again it lets me choose my choice of alloys and ICE. The deal maker is the price of 5.55.
I am yet to TD the car.

Cargo motors is a big dealer and only 2-3 mins away from our house.

3. Ford Fiesta SXI/S- I fell in love the day I drove it. Interiors are not the best but I like them. Is mostly fully loaded but costs a bomb compared to other cars. Dad liked the interiors of Aveo comapared to the Fiesta.

I have heard good things about cargo ford and they were promt on providing the TD cars. (I had requested only Fiesta Diesel but they brought a Fusion diesel too since I had mentioned the car during our conversation). Awesome service is the word.

4. SX4 td was not great. It didnt feel like a 102bhp car and NVH were not good enough.

5. Swift rear bench is an issue and they are seen in droves everywhere. A big turn off for me. I dont like the boomerange rear of ritz and A-star engine is too puny for the highway.

have had a hell of a time dealing with Excellence car studio (authorized Maruti service station) but Kataria automobiles is a reliable dealership and near our office location.

6. Skoda Fabia has a puny engine but the feature set which includes project headlamps, sunroof, reverse guiding system and air cooled vents look attractive. I dont like the design much and Skoda horror stories make me keep thinking whether it would be a wise choice.

Tanjan Skoda was awesome, Cama was big but ok (our lancer dealer) but Torque Automotive is extremely small. No feedback whatsover.

7. I20 asta is a good car but I dont like the design much. Is a strong probable as Dad likes the car.

Dealer info give under hyundai getz.

8. Fiat punto is as strong an option as the I20 asta. I dont like the Linea design and its out of my budget too.

Cargo tata as mentioned above is 2-3 mins away which makes it a strong probable.
Old 8th August 2009, 00:13   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

I would suggest either the Fiesta or the i20.
The i20 would be an excellent city car, in terms of space, comfort. However, performance will be poor, though my cousin who owns one, loves it. I however found the visibility poor, though it had good quality, and was comfortable.
The fiesta on the other hand, would be the perfect city sedan. It has amazing visibility all around, is very easy to drive, has a well weighted steering, fully loaded, and with good A.S.S. in A'bad, sounds like a very good deal. Downsides are: slightly cramped rear seat, ride is not the best, though a good set of tyres will make all the difference.
BTW, to all those who say the Fiesta has expensive spares, the service isn't very expensive, and unless the car is a lemon, it is definitely one of the most reliable fords, to be sold in India. It is also much tougher and take more abuse than many other cars.
Old 8th August 2009, 21:08   #24
Senior - BHPian

WHich car has the most powerful a/c compressor? Does the XL have a separate unit for the back or is it just the vent control?
Old 8th August 2009, 21:20   #25
BHPian

Why not IKON tdci, though very basic interiors but real VFM car. Also, you can mod this car as per your requirement.
Old 10th August 2009, 09:39   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
4) This is an option. Get Aveo and install CNG. Will be cheap to run and is very quiet inside the cabin.
No Aveo or CNG. Atleast for now. I would like a Dedicated CNG engine but not a big fan of duo fuel enabled cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
1. Swift P/DZire P with new K12M engine. You will have to wait a bit for these.
2. Ritz ZXi. Tall seating, practical city hatchback. Good to upgrade from a WagonR.
swift/dzire lack the image. Everybody drives one around. And personally I find that to be a big turn off. Ritz is going to have the same issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Decide between the Fiesta 1.6 S or the Punto (diesel preferably). i20 does everything ok but excels in nothing.... and believe you me there is no fun to be had from it given the weedy 1.2 litre engine which struggles to move and the dumbest steering on any hatch in India.
Those are the reasons keeping me away from the i20. But my dad likes it. That's half the battle won for i20.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
Ford Fiesta.. all the way (Excellent handling and fun to drive factor).. decent support

Second I would suggest SX4 followed by Swift... they are value for money cars with decent driving pleasure, very very reliable and easy to maintain backed by excellent after sales support.. inter quality and built is acceptable..However, rattling issues are very common 2-3 years down the line..

Tata and Skoda.. I would say ae not very reliable.. though Fabia is a good car with decent quality interiors and excellent built quality. Though, its not value for money. I personally dont like Hyundai.. if you buy a Hyundai you will have to compromise on your excellent handling and fun to drive factor. I am sure you wont like driving any of their cars having driven the Lancer.
Fiat Punto is again a good car but after sales is questionable...good to drive car, very very stable but since its a heavy weight initial pick up is not as good as that of swift which share the same diesel engine but stability at high speeds is much better....however, the noise and vibration insulation quality is pathetic..pastic quality in my opinion is not acceptable..clearly shows cost cutting
I too drive a mitsubishi and share a common ground on most parts of your post. But then this is to be driven more by my dad and my mom is going to be the passenger. Hence it has to be a decision by the brain.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
I do not think the punto is fun to drive at anything above 50, becausez anything above that you need earplugs.

You are just over reacting to the i20 1.2 spec. Its actually quite adequate for most people, and way better than the punto, both petrol and diesel. The steering is light, which is good for the city, highways may be a lil uncomfortable, but again, that too above 130-140, which many wont do on a consistent basis.
I dont do over 120 on my lancer on the expressway. Never found the need. But its the gearshift and handling that I havent heard good things about.

This also applies to Punto's interior quality and fit and finish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
It would make a good chauffeur driven car, but a strict no-no if its going to be self driven. Also, tata petrols are not among the best around. so it needs to be seen how many of the 100 horses actually make it onto the road!!
It the rear a/c console and rear seat comfort that makes the case strong. But yes NVH and fun to drive are important factors too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
I think you should test drive the Fusion once as well. The fit and finish and NVH is amazing. And ford build. The only problem might be poor resell. But as its a old model you might end up with huge discounts.
I like the fusion a lot. One of the last cars I test drove before coming to Toronto. I still remember the smooth ride and the silent diesel. I dont mind the resale price or depriciation. But I do mind the fact that it will be discontinued soon. Otherwise it would have been a strong contender.

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicmanaman View Post
I think you should go for the I20, if not then streach a bit and go for the SX4.
I didnt like the sx4 much. But I am td'ing it again as soon as I land. I20 is a good car too but I find it overpriced which also means more depriciation. Why not Getz CRDI?

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
Stay away from Indigo XL. As already mentioned Tata's petrol aint recommendable. If rear space is a issue why not wait for the Indigo Vista which will get Linea's engines. Tempting? Naaaah .go for the Fiesta!!!
Hmm. Yes Fiesta is a strong possibility. And so is the Getz CRDI. Choice has spoilt me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezydrive View Post
Why not IKON tdci, though very basic interiors but real VFM car. Also, you can mod this car as per your requirement.
Ikon is dated. Otherwise also Accent makes a better case IMHO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
I would suggest either the Fiesta or the i20.
The i20 would be an excellent city car, in terms of space, comfort. However, performance will be poor, though my cousin who owns one, loves it. I however found the visibility poor, though it had good quality, and was comfortable.
The fiesta on the other hand, would be the perfect city sedan. It has amazing visibility all around, is very easy to drive, has a well weighted steering, fully loaded, and with good A.S.S. in A'bad, sounds like a very good deal. Downsides are: slightly cramped rear seat, ride is not the best, though a good set of tyres will make all the difference.
BTW, to all those who say the Fiesta has expensive spares, the service isn't very expensive, and unless the car is a lemon, it is definitely one of the most reliable fords, to be sold in India. It is also much tougher and take more abuse than many other cars.
I really like the Fiesta S/SXI. But the downside are the interiors. While not bad, they sure are dated. I am also pretty impressed by the aftersales.
Old 10th August 2009, 15:37   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Well, if this car is going to be for your father and mother, then let them get the i20.
You still have the lancer, and I doubt you will drive the i20 often.
Old 10th August 2009, 22:06   #28
Senior - BHPian

how much Fun to Drive factor can we attach to the Variable geometry turbo in the Getz? I have heard that the ford Diesel can beat Getz diesel in Roll-ons. How much water does the fact hold?
Old 11th August 2009, 13:57   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
how much Fun to Drive factor can we attach to the Variable geometry turbo in the Getz? I have heard that the ford Diesel can beat Getz diesel in Roll-ons. How much water does the fact hold?
Isn't getz diesel discontinued?
I think you need to confirm that as well.

I feel i20, Fiesta and Punto are good options.

As the car is for your parents personally i will recommend Fiesta.
Very comfortable,easy to drive,good handling as well.
We got 2 fiesta's(diesel) in the family and we are very satisfied with them.
Old 16th August 2009, 00:46   #30
Senior - BHPian

Getz CRDI is discontinued so it's off the list. :(

How is the a/c of Indigo XL? Does it have a separate compressor for rear?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks