Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2009, 11:15   #31
JRD
BHPian

devarshi.. considering aapnu ahmedabad as an important factor:
here is what i think:

1st Choice: i20 top end in 7 lacs (dont know weather the 1.4 will be in the budget but i think 1.2 definitely will fall under 7) since its a hatch good for city use.
2nd choice: Fiesta petrol zxi (i would go for this without even looking at any other car. one reason the 1.6. The S and sxi are around 7.90 otr ahmedabad)
3rd choice: Fabia elegance petrol.(man this car is loaded and is very upmarket. Not very quick though)
Old 17th August 2009, 15:03   #32
Senior - BHPian

My choice would be Fiesta-S or I20 CRDI.
Both are very reliable city drives.
since you didn't like the Fiesta interiors,You can vouch for I20 for its classy looks 7 imagine the high end model with sunroof & nice mag wheels.

look @ anroop i20,its a killer man!!!

Last edited by Ramsagar : 17th August 2009 at 15:04.
Old 17th August 2009, 18:49   #33
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Seeing how the Lancer made a fan of you for its driver-oriented nature & solid build (for the time), I suggest you take a spin in the Fiesta 1.6S. It's the only true drivers car below 10 lakh rupees.
Old 18th August 2009, 22:41   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRD View Post
1st Choice: i20 top end in 7 lacs (dont know weather the 1.4 will be in the budget but i think 1.2 definitely will fall under 7) since its a hatch good for city use.
2nd choice: Fiesta petrol zxi (i would go for this without even looking at any other car. one reason the 1.6. The S and sxi are around 7.90 otr ahmedabad)
3rd choice: Fabia elegance petrol.(man this car is loaded and is very upmarket. Not very quick though)
7.90? are you sure? 7.90 is too steep to be justified. Last I checked in december it was 7.60 before discounts.

For the Fabia, how is the reputation of Torque automotive? My friend said, way too many Fabia's going around in Abad. Also with the new fabia's coming from VW plant, I hope their quality is good.

i20 1.4 is way too expensive to be considered. Kappa engine i20 still makes a good choice. My dad likes i20 too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
My choice would be Fiesta-S or I20 CRDI.
Both are very reliable city drives.
since you didn't like the Fiesta interiors,You can vouch for I20 for its classy looks 7 imagine the high end model with sunroof & nice mag wheels.
I am not sure if I would want company alloys. Also, I am not sure about the practicality of a Sunroof in ahmedabad which only opens about an inch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Seeing how the Lancer made a fan of you for its driver-oriented nature & solid build (for the time), I suggest you take a spin in the Fiesta 1.6S. It's the only true drivers car below 10 lakh rupees.
Since the 1.6S or Sxi seem to be outta budget. what do you think will be the next best drivers car? A palio 1.6 stile sports? A swift zxi? considering they also need to have a quiet cabin and a chilling a/c.

PS: dad mentioned that he likes the accent a lot and though its old, the price makes it tempting enough.

Last edited by devarshi84 : 18th August 2009 at 22:45.
Old 22nd August 2009, 03:32   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

@devarshi: Avoid the Accent. She is way past her prime, and even though it is cheap, you will lose out on safety features, comfort, performance, handling etc.
If the fiesta 1.6 S is out of your budget, you still have the 1.6 ZXi which is fully loaded minus alloys and leather and airbags. It even has ABS.
Old 22nd August 2009, 16:15   #36
Senior - BHPian

devarshi, hi as the details you posted, dont match the i20's 1.2 engine with fiesta's one which is purely drivers delight, but given choices and your father liked it too, not a bad car either, silent engine with good interiors and features.i20 Asta comes for 6,31,544/- on road price.
A friend owns Oceanic Ford if you seem to finalise ford to PM me to source their deal as well.
Old 23rd August 2009, 10:24   #37
Senior - BHPian

Oceanic Ford has lost its dealership long time ago. Correct me if I am wrong but I was in Ahmedabad when Niki Ford and Oceaning Ford closed their doors and Cargo Ford began their sales in Ahmedabad and Baroda.
Old 29th August 2009, 01:59   #38
Senior - BHPian

Car search begins tomorrow. Will post a detailed review on td's and dealerships with pictures if possible.
Old 29th August 2009, 02:52   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Devarshi: Do that. It will shorten the list and help you arrive at a better decision. Once you have a shorter shortlist, and know what you like from which car, we will be able to help you out better.
Old 29th August 2009, 08:25   #40
BHPian

Sound Sensitive ears and Fabia diesel doesn't match.

So you may want to avoid it.
Old 29th August 2009, 10:57   #41
Senior - BHPian

high maintainence and the issues mentioned here make me wary of Skoda. It's out.
Old 30th August 2009, 09:27   #42
Senior - BHPian

ok, decision narrowed.

No sedans. The hatches include

1. Fiat punto
2. Honda Jazz (dad wants to try it out before making the decision)
3. Hyundai i20
4. maruti swift
5. skoda fabia (only for comaprison purposes)
Old 30th August 2009, 10:44   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84 View Post
ok, decision narrowed.

1. Fiat punto
3. Hyundai i20
4. maruti swift
I suggest you narrow the choices further, there is not point being on a suicide mission with SKODA Fabia, knowing well the (so great) experiences painted all over the forum.

Martuti swift even though a great car, is quite old platform, nothing unique about it, often the looks are not liked by many, even though they buy it for its performance.

I would suggest you to narrow your choices to Punto, Jazz and i20,
Personally i would have gone for i20.

Last edited by StarVegabond : 30th August 2009 at 10:46.
Old 30th August 2009, 23:53   #44
BHPian

VW Polo

I noticed after reading through this thread that your question on any new interesting cars being launched in the future, was still unanswered.
Volkswagen is launching the new Polo in January and if you can wait till then, I would suggest you go for this one. A few reasons why:

1) Fun to drive as it will come with new-gen 1.2 litre diesel and petrol engines. Fuel efficientt as well.
2) Going to be priced between 4-7 lacs for base to high-end variant.
3) New looks, and VW has committed defect-free build quality
4) premium hatch at Swift price range. High quality and durable interiors.

Just google "VW polo india" and you would probably get more details. It is the latest generation and not the older-gen depicted on some websites. I am sold on this one, and am eagerly waiting.

Last edited by indiandevil : 30th August 2009 at 23:58.
Old 17th September 2009, 22:26   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84 View Post
ok, decision narrowed.

1. Fiat punto
3. Hyundai i20
4. maruti swift
devarshi84, I am grateful that you and other members are sharing computer purchase knowledge with us in some of the computer threads. As a result, I am going to recommend the Dell Studio XPS models to my friends who are looking for windows/ubuntu based computers, especially laptops.

Let me return the favour by suggesting you consider the i20 Asta-O. With its fantastic Euroncap scores, six airbags, 3-point seatbelts for all five passengers and other safety features, choice of petrol and diesel, excellent Hyundai India service reputation, German design, Korean reliabilty, Indian assembly, it might be the Studio XPS equivalent of India market cars under 10 lakhs. I cannot think of a better car under 20 lakhs to ensure your and your family's safety.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks