Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2009, 21:41   #46
oss
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anuprav View Post
How about if I stretch my budget and go for Altis??

Getting confused more and more
Think that's the solution, and not confusion. Stretch your budget and go for Altis.

It is very reliable, feature rich, spaceous and good service backup.

And yes, you can take it to business meetings too
Old 5th November 2009, 23:45   #47
BHPian

The most sold cars need not be the best. The best cars need not be the most sold. This is not just for cars, almost for everything.

to me (IMO), Honda is good, but carries a premium price which I feel is not worth. The dealers carry attitude, they dont sell or service, they just distribute. And Jazz is a good package and I believe it still priced higher, atleast 1 lakh and its for either young moms (it does not give me a masculine effect - again my opinion). ANHC looks good but does not give that 'look at me again'. In a year or so you will find 1 for every kilometer.
I have also found that Honda has the habit of changing the car from inside out in 5 years or so. Which means in 5 years your car will be trying to be on the road with next generation City. This again is my perception. Debates are welcome on this topic.
Man, cedia for me; gives that exclusivety, Customer service is good, can last long and more importantly you will not feel bored.
Old 6th November 2009, 00:52   #48
Senior - BHPian

@ anuprav: I would suggest going for the Cedia Sports. It is definitely much more VFM than any other in this segment. Plus you do get some good discounts as well.

But if you are willing to wait, I would suggest trying the Linea 1.4 T-jet which is supposed to be a stonker.

Cheers
Old 6th November 2009, 12:38   #49
BHPian

@ MileCruncher: yes I have liked the cedia. The person who came for the TD has told me to come to showroom and we will give good discounts.

Waiting means that till Jan 2010 I will have to see what all new sedan cars will be launched. Waiting for linea T Jet I dont think will serve the purpose as it will be in diesel, which I think will not be the right decesion as my daily running is 30 Kms?

@Car & Me: You are right that ANHC will be seen 1 for every KM and still also its quite common car. Paying a premium price for such a car is not worth. God knows they might again change the car from inside as I still feel that its not selling as hot cake. I am getting the repeated calls from the dealer (Team Leader) that come to showroom and book the car (ready to offer me good discount). Second dealer has offered me Rs.10000 discount.

OSS: streching for ALTIS GL means I will have to shell out Rs.13.60 Lacs with only Rs.10000 worth of accessories which is the scheme started from yesterday only on GL variant.
Old 6th November 2009, 13:43   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Getting confused more and more
On the contrary, I think its becoming clearer & clearer - you are headed the Cedia way!
Quote:
Waiting for linea T Jet I dont think will serve the purpose as it will be in diesel, which I think will not be the right decesion as my daily running is 30 Kms?
Nope, the T-jet is a petrol engine &, from what I hear, one hell of a one at that
Old 12th November 2009, 15:55   #51
BHPian

Sorry guys for couple of days I will not be online as my wife is undergoing thyroid and cysts examination. This whole week I am in the hospital.

In the meantime last week did the TD if new SX4 automatic.

Will be back shortly once everything is normal.
Old 12th November 2009, 23:49   #52
BHPian

It has to be Cedia for you. Other cars on your list are no match to it. It is a car that belongs to Altis, Civic segment.
Old 13th November 2009, 10:13   #53
BHPian

How about optra is it worth buying this car as they might discontinue it?

Now my revised list is as follows:

1. Cedia

2. Fiesta

3. City

4. SX4

5. Optra.

My mind is now more inclined towards Cedia.

City I found out to be light bodied which might be not stable at high speed.

SX4 (new) is same just with few changes. 10 Spokes alloys do make it look impressive. Overall not worth buying. I am sure SX4 will also go for another change sooner or later.
Old 13th November 2009, 15:22   #54
BHPian

I'll reitrate what I said in my 1st post - Go for the Cedia

If waiting is an option, wait for the Linea T-jet. It is a petrol powered car.

Not to add to the confusion, but if you are looking at the 13lacs+ territory, then the Cruze might fit well too. Only downside is, its a diesel and you are looking for a petrol.

Else, Cedia.
Old 13th November 2009, 16:28   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman7 View Post
I'll reitrate what I said in my 1st post - Go for the Cedia

If waiting is an option, wait for the Linea T-jet. It is a petrol powered car.

Not to add to the confusion, but if you are looking at the 13lacs+ territory, then the Cruze might fit well too. Only downside is, its a diesel and you are looking for a petrol.

Else, Cedia.
Already I have cruze. If I dont buy this month, then I will wait till Jan 10.

I am not looking for 13 Lacs+.

Cedia only hitch is A.S.S. I even visited Asian Motors, Delhi. There they were ready to give me Rs.15000 discount + many more things.

But when I said I will be going in for PDI, then the sales guy could not understand it. Even GM there told me that PDI will be done in our workshop but when I said that I will also do it myself, his face was expression less.
Old 13th November 2009, 17:30   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Already I have cruze. If I dont buy this month, then I will wait till Jan 10.

I am not looking for 13 Lacs+.

Cedia only hitch is A.S.S. I even visited Asian Motors, Delhi. There they were ready to give me Rs.15000 discount + many more things.

But when I said I will be going in for PDI, then the sales guy could not understand it. Even GM there told me that PDI will be done in our workshop but when I said that I will also do it myself, his face was expression less.
Did you TD the Cedia? if yes, how did it feel, di you like it? Also the discounts look quite attractive.

As for the PDI, don't worry. Its your money that you are putting down, you cannot be denied a PDI. keep us posted
Old 13th November 2009, 17:48   #57
BHPian

Yes I did the TD of Cedia. I liked it. Will keep you posted.

As someone said the resale value is almost NIL and A.S.S is not improving.
Old 13th November 2009, 23:30   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

If you plan to keep the car for atleast 5 years, dont worry about the resale. Also A.S.S is very good with Asian Motors. Dont even worry about it.

Last weekend, I had a sound from my car (tan tan tan) from the rear and tried every way to find out what it was but failed. Went to Asian Motors and Sanjay (their advisor) was there with my for more than an hour trying to find out what it was. We finally found that there was a missing nut in the rear bumber skirting which made clips of bumper and skirting hit against each other and make sound. For something as small as this, the guy spent one hour of this on a busy saturday.

The only problem is that on every service, they ask me to get the engine plusing and fuel system cleaning done, which is not added as a part of normal service schedule. I total this cost 3k. I believe I will get it done on my 40 k service due soon. I didnt get it done on 30k service as the previous owner got it done at 20k. However, in the service schedule, it is no where mentioned that you need to get the engine plushing and fuel system cleaning done.. I guess its better to get it done at every 20k kms, though its not mentioned but still for your own satisfaction (I may be wrong). Mostly I try to stick to the mistubishi's guidelines.

Quote:
Did you speak to Sujoy? Talk to him, he is a nice sales guy and can sort things up. Reliable as well. Rest I believe if you plan to buy it, they wont have a problem with the PDI I guess.

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 13th November 2009 at 23:33.
Old 14th November 2009, 11:04   #59
BHPian

I spoke to Mr. Sher Khan and Arshad Jamal (Dy GM Sales). I will call Sujoy and speak to him.
Old 14th November 2009, 11:13   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Resale may not the best but it would not be NIL If a car belonging to a popular brand looses 50-60% in the depreciation, Cedia might loose 60-65%.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks