Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2009, 12:11   #1
BHPian

Confused as which car to buy. Budget 10 Lakhs

Hi to all gurus,

I am searching for a new car to be bought in the month of November. If I will be able to decide the car this month then I will buy it this month itself otherwise then I will wait till the next year i.e.Jan 2010.

Cars short listed: Honda City VMT/SMT, Fiesta SXI, Optra LT, SX4 and Linea EK
Price range: Upto Rs.10 Lacs
Maintenance & After Sales Service (A.S.S.) expectations: Good A.S.S support.
Average distance traveled per month: 800 Kms
Where car will be mostly used: City and rarely on highways
Chauffer driven / self driven: Self Driven
Whether the vehicle will be shared by other members of family. Yes
Any specific requirements from car: Engine should be responsive, comfortable and rear space also should be comfortable.
How long you intend on keeping this car and how important resale is to you: min 5 years and max 10 years. Resale not important if I keep it for 10 years.

I did the TD of Linea but it has great embrassed me as engine not responsive in 1st and 2nd Gear and very poor interiors and plastic parts.

Hope to hear from all of you and help me in deciding the vehicle.
Old 3rd November 2009, 12:38   #2
BHPian

I'd recommend you add the Mitsubishi Cedia to your list. Its a pleasure to drive this car, will age well and don't think after sales should be a major issue.

Else, the Fiesta 1.6 is your best bet. Marginally a bit expensive to maintain though!
Old 3rd November 2009, 13:06   #3
Senior - BHPian

Would it be a little too much of a stretch to the Cedia? If so the Fiesta would be my choice from the list you have provided followed by the Honda City.

Edit: Had composed the reply but had to go somewhere. Came back and posted and saw a similar reply by Iceman7.

Last edited by sammyboy : 3rd November 2009 at 13:08.
Old 3rd November 2009, 13:14   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman7 View Post
I'd recommend you add the Mitsubishi Cedia to your list. Its a pleasure to drive this car, will age well and don't think after sales should be a major issue.

Else, the Fiesta 1.6 is your best bet. Marginally a bit expensive to maintain though!
Mitsubishi cars A.S.S is very poor I heard as one of my friend is having Lancer and he said he is facing very poor A.S.S from the dealer in Delhi and due to this I have not included in my list. Any how I am also now considering it.
Old 3rd November 2009, 13:28   #5
BHPian

Hello Anup,

Honda City V MT will be the most ideal choice for you and it will satisfy all your requirements. Best buy in your budget.
Old 3rd November 2009, 13:35   #6
Senior - BHPian

As others quoted, Cedia is the best VFM sedan in the market costing about 10.2lacs in Delhi. You may want to go through a few current cedia threads running on team bhp which answers your question. Cedia, normally compared to civic and altis has almost the features that one find in the other two cars, moreover it also gives you a sat nav in addition. Plus driving pleasure, handling and FE is best in class.

Do consider it, I gaurantee that a test drive will seriously force you to think about the car. After sales in Delhi is good and you wont have much problem. But please consider the fact that parts will only be available in service station, not outside.

If not Cedia, the Fiesta would be my next choise followed by SX4. both are again very VFM sedan. Overall, fiesta is better. The ANHC is highly overpriced and I personally didnt like the interiors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anuprav View Post
Mitsubishi cars A.S.S is very poor I heard as one of my friend is having Lancer and he said he is facing very poor A.S.S from the dealer in Delhi and due to this I have not included in my list. Any how I am also now considering it.
I so far in last 5 months never faced any after sales problems. Is you friend going to Asian Motors or Excel. Asian according to me is very good and people are very helpful. Could you please ask your friend what kind of problem is he facing with the After sales. Can clarify the doubts.

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 3rd November 2009 at 13:39.
Old 3rd November 2009, 13:38   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KITE RUNNER View Post
Hello Anup,

Honda City V MT will be the most ideal choice for you and it will satisfy all your requirements. Best buy in your budget.
IMO Its among the worst interiors in this segment, I would suggest check out the new Cedia sports, if you rule that one OUT then perhaps go ahead with anything with a lesser delivery time, else just be thankful a bit (I am sure you wont be let down by the machine)
Old 3rd November 2009, 13:41   #8
Senior - BHPian

As soon as I saw the thread title I knew I was going to suggest the Cedia (9.9L).
I was surprised to see that off the list. Well if there is a reason for it not being there in the list then I would recommend Fiesta or the Linea in the order of preference.
Old 3rd November 2009, 13:48   #9
BHPian

ANHC is a combination of style, refinement, reliability, comfort & peace of mind - more and more buyers are realising it, as shown by the sales charts.

Reliability & good after sales service are paramount.
Old 3rd November 2009, 13:57   #10
Senior - BHPian

If your budget is 10 lacs, you should blindly opt for the ANHC. It is the best all rounder in that segment. My recommendation would be.

1. ANHC
2. Fiesta
3. SX4
4. Linea
5. Optra
6. Cedia
Old 3rd November 2009, 14:10   #11
BANNED

Rule out the diesels. I will look at the City & Jazz as my preferences. You will not regret it for sure.
Old 3rd November 2009, 14:15   #12
BHPian

Toyot prius

If you are ready to wait till Jan '10, might as well wait a month longer for the Toyota Prius, which the company is bringing out on Feb '10 in the 10-lac range.
Old 3rd November 2009, 14:18   #13
BHPian

Though i own 1.6 sxi, cedia is a car worth considering. it has got good interiors, is comfortable and is in a class compared with much bigger cars. the only thing is if u go in for lpg version u may compromise on boot space.
Fiesta is next to cedia . ANHC is not a VFM. if you r crazy for the batch then only go for it.
Old 3rd November 2009, 14:22   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust View Post
If you are ready to wait till Jan '10, might as well wait a month longer for the Toyota Prius, which the company is bringing out on Feb '10 in the 10-lac range.
In the 10 L range ?! Are you sure ? I heard it was much much costlier.
Old 3rd November 2009, 14:26   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust View Post
10 lac prius, I never knew Totota has come up with a new prius plant in Manesar. Jokes apart, Its impossible for prius to be available at 10 lac.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks