Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2010, 20:45   #46
Senior - BHPian

In the options, If, Innova is an option, It is Only Innova as the choice.
Old 25th March 2010, 00:05   #47
BHPian

Yeti!

Guys!!!

Does anyone know when Skoda's Yeti might be launched?? Appears to be a more dynamic alternative to the Innova with a high suspension setting to take care of most road conditions.

Anyone here who might give us some idea on a possible launch date for this vehicle??

Regards,
Old 26th March 2010, 17:03   #48
BHPian

1) Civic (For ride quality & driving comfort)
2) Altis (Driving comfort, Lower Maintenance)
3) Innova (VFM- if diesel & huge space)
Old 26th March 2010, 17:28   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ameya View Post
Guys!!!

Does anyone know when Skoda's Yeti might be launched?? Appears to be a more dynamic alternative to the Innova with a high suspension setting to take care of most road conditions.

Anyone here who might give us some idea on a possible launch date for this vehicle??

Regards,
My dealer is expecting it around June sometime.....but then again who the heck knows how accurate his information is. Also it may be several lacs over your OTR budget ( I expect the diesel in Bangalore to be 18 lacs OTR, 16.5-17 ? in Bombay);
If this is going to be your primary car, I would be rather wary of Skoda's (even though I own the 1.8 TSI Laura); you can never be too confident of what issues you will run into.
Go for the Innova, I own one that has done almost 90,000 KM's in 3.5 years. The thing is a work horse, won't ever fail you
Old 26th March 2010, 17:32   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo45007 View Post
1) Civic (For ride quality & driving comfort)
2) Altis (Driving comfort, Lower Maintenance)
3) Innova (VFM- if diesel & huge space)
IMO, ride quality is better in Altis and Civic may have lower maintenance than Altis. Driving comfort may be higher in Altis due to the EPS, but driveability is far better in Civic. Altis also comes with better features, even though it sorely miss USB port and paddle shifts for AT model. Civic also seems to give better FE than Altis, only if you can manage to drive Civic similar to the way you drive an Altis .
Old 26th March 2010, 18:42   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasoo View Post
IMO, ride quality is better in Altis and Civic may have lower maintenance than Altis. Driving comfort may be higher in Altis due to the EPS, but driveability is far better in Civic. Altis also comes with better features, even though it sorely miss USB port and paddle shifts for AT model. Civic also seems to give better FE than Altis, only if you can manage to drive Civic similar to the way you drive an Altis .

Good one.

Altis if you like the little gizmos and solid Toyota Quality.

Civic if you like to drive and want cheap maintenance. Forget the mileage

Innova if you want road presence, lot of interior space. Good car to use if you have a driver. Get the King seats, put a nice ICE, push back and enjoy!!!
Old 26th March 2010, 21:08   #52
BANNED

I think while Civic & Altis are in the same segment Innova is not. Between the Civic & Altis I had been toying with the choice for six months - finally going in for the Civic V AT. Once you sit in the drivers seat it just blows your mind away. I hear that recently Honda have cut spare pricing so maintenance should be comparable. In my TD I did not find any evidence of the 'bottomin out' in the Civic. Also, the steering is much better balanced (EPS in Altis is too light and dead). As for engine Toyota is DOHC with VVT only on inlet, while Honda is SOHC with VVT on both inlet and exhaust.

Innova by all means if you need a diesel & more space or have very bad roads else look at the petrol cars. Not for me. I do not like the shape.
Old 26th March 2010, 21:47   #53
Team-BHP Support

For the city of Bangalore, I would prefer the Altis. Having said that there are many Civics in town and growing !
Old 26th March 2010, 21:48   #54
Senior - BHPian

ameya, i think you do need an automatic. if i was in your place, i would buy the civic automatic & enjoy the paddles!

alternatively, for mumbai traffic, i seriously think you should consider the scorpio automatic. agreed that you may hate the mahindra brand as you are looking for a premium & high quality vehicle, but nevertheless you can still give it a try. a simple TD wont do any harm.
Old 26th March 2010, 21:51   #55
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
As for engine Toyota is DOHC with VVT only on inlet, while Honda is SOHC with VVT on both inlet and exhaust.
I too thought so. But the R18A has VVT on the intake valves only. I was corrected by Immortalz.

And the VVT-I in the Toyota 1ZZ-FE has infinitely variable timing profiles as it is operated by oil pressure and not by cam profiles/lobes as in the Civic engine.

Cheers!
Old 26th March 2010, 22:44   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ameya View Post
Guys!!!

Regards,

The Skoda Yeti will be here only in November. Company officials told that the Yeti will be powered by a 140bhp diesel engine, electronically controlled four-wheel drive. The expected price of Skoda Yeti is 12-15 Lakhs.

Souce : Autocar India Magazine (February 2010)
Old 27th March 2010, 08:08   #57
BANNED

A big NO to Civic if you plan to use it for city drives..

1) You can't start in 1st gear without engine shiver... attributed to low torque. Or, you need to revup the engine too 1200 - 1500 range, and release the clutch. But engine is so smooth, you can really control it at that level.. I just climbs up to 2000..

I have more that 20 yrs of driving exp !! still not used to this Civic only funda..

2) Hard steering. TBHP loves it, and say its "direct".. But on city drive, a real real pain

3) Hard gear shift (this seems to be only with my car).. But for me, its a pain too.

Yes, if you sit in driver seat, you will fall for it..

Do take long TD before zeroing in..

I am big anti-civic owner :-)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks