Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2009, 22:09   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW-X5 View Post
After all I'm slightly baised towards PUNTO
You heart says Punto, but your brain is still evaluating options... I'd say follow your heart more when buying your car!
Old 22nd December 2009, 23:30   #17
BHPian

and better go for punto mjd..because once you have a diesel and the turbo starts spooling,that 1000kms of city driving will slowly become 2000 and you will like to have more of highway trips too,coz owning a diesel doesnt hurt your pocket(if its being regularly used)..
Old 22nd December 2009, 23:59   #18
BHPian

If you are looking at the second hand market, you will get NHC or a Elentra in that budget. Or if you prefer, even a Octavia
Old 23rd December 2009, 00:52   #19
BHPian

As i have written before Close your eyes, go take a test drive of Punto MJD and then do what your heart says. But dont forget to carry that chequebook along. Just in case See I feel light steering you somehow relate to an advantage. Though yes thats an advantage in city driving but on highway's its the other way round. Punto MJD is heavier than Fire, So yes its steering is amazing on highway and to me its equally good in city as well. Definately not as light as my previous honda city its was a fragile car, just like your wagonr is. You'll feel triple safe in Punto MJD then in i20 or SX4. But yes i20 1.2 is too a good car for city driving in my opinion I dont know why you say its not. New SX4 is sweet too but looks according to me are dated. And its again another Fragile car plus PETROL. Even i feel you are stick with just one option Punto MJD.
Old 23rd December 2009, 01:15   #20
Senior - BHPian

you say you dont like owning a tata .
but if you buy a punto you practically have to go to tata for service.
i say get the innova and enjoy 4 years + of peaceful ownership.
It aint tough to drive as people say so. all you need is a little getting used to that's it. I substituted by daily drive palio with an innova and now i dont find much difference while driving.
Old 23rd December 2009, 10:46   #21
BHPian

Thanks a lot for your valuable suggestions.

I'm taking a couple of weeks off and again driving down to my home town in my small SUZUKI. I have another month to finalize the options

Prateekm : Yes I do love Honda but not NHC (I havent driven the VTec though). To me it is not a highway car. Elantra is a good choice but heavy on pockets and the OCTY too.

Vinay: I dont like to own a TATA becaue of service somehow I have mental filter against TATA and HYUNDAI (I really dont know why?)

As most of the FIAT owners said PUNTO is heart car but the workd TOYOTA stands for quality and reliability.

I will go and check out for some good used Innova's in coming weeks.
If go for a company leased car no doubt it is going to be a punto (improved version) even if I can afford a Linea petrol E+. Only because I love punto
Old 23rd December 2009, 15:13   #22
GTO
Team-BHP Support

If you don't need a space, why bother with a van? A hatch is immensely more fun to drive, fuel efficient, convenient and (in your case) brand new!

Go for the Punto with your eyes shut. Make it red and choose the MJD. The diesel is a more practical option, more robust, fuel efficient and will get you 2X the resale.
Old 23rd December 2009, 16:22   #23
BANNED

+1, naah, +many to that. There is nothing like a hatch/hot hatch in today's densely trafficked, chaotic city conditions if it suits your needs. They are chic, high tech, nimble, easy on the pocket and fuel efficient.
Go for the Punto MJD with all the bells and whistles and you will emerge satisfied.
Old 23rd December 2009, 16:23   #24
BHPian

Thanks GTO

I will wait for the improved Punto MJD E+. If not bossa nova white I would opt for a small red Maserati

White is my favourite color on any car except INDICA!
Old 24th December 2009, 09:36   #25
BHPian

Punto MJD E+ is your answer. And I am willing to bet on this : your monthly running IS going to exceed 1000 once you get the 1.3 MJD

For the same amount of monthly running : you will end up paying almost twice in fuel bills with the Innova (compared to the Punto).

Source : My experience.
Old 25th December 2009, 13:51   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW-X5 View Post
Thanks GTO

I will wait for the improved Punto MJD E+. If not bossa nova white I would opt for a small red Maserati

White is my favourite color on any car except INDICA!
You can get it now for a good discount. Price will increase by 25K from Jan 1, claims Fiat on their website.
Old 31st December 2009, 16:46   #27
BHPian

Sid,
Due to budget contraints I may not be able to go for till March 2010, hope discounts will rain in March too. Also thinking of getting it registered in Kerala as I do at least a trip to my home town once in a quarter. I can save nearly 40K only on road tax .

Last edited by BMW-X5 : 31st December 2009 at 16:47. Reason: Spelling

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks