Team-BHP > What Car?

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2009, 21:54   #1
BHPian

Indigo CS (TDI or DICOR) or Should I go for VISTA Quadrajet Aura

Hi Guys,
after some weeks of debating if whether I should go for a used Baleno/Esteem/OHC ( See my post on it) and Thanks to GTO!, I have shifted my focus towards buying a new TATA DIESEL CAR. Now hold on to your thoughts and read further!

REASON: Need a diesel as my work will be involving lot of driving (70+ daily!) both city and highway included. Need TATA because my budget will not allow more than 5L (+/- 15K), and the car will be chauffer driven(90% of the time). So I need a trusted diesel, I usually don't sell my vehicle so resale is not a huge issue (Ofcourse! don't want a situation where my choice goes ashtray).

NEED : A car offering very good rear seat comfort (yes Indigo does it!). Plus decent look.+ the reason I have 2 hatchbacks already!

CONFUSION/ISSUE/DOUBT: The saled guy at TATA told me Dicor does not sell in good number as TDI Indigo does. I need nice robust engine to give me good life cycle. Which one of these two should I go for and why?
Now after this choice a serious delibration between Indigo and Quadra Vista. No doubt Vista Quadra has better engine and refinements But I (Its just me guys!)did not find the rear as comfertable as Indigo AND I am more inclined towards sedan looks (More professional I guess!), Keeping in mind I intend to have it chauffer driven.

ALTERNATE/NEW PERSPECTIVE: A used Car with CNG?
NEED SOME INPUT HERE

Yes, I know I am confuse, but this is not heart desire a Safari and Mind says Scorpio thing. Its going with the most practical one in terms of economy, comfort, and anything I might have missed or might not know about.

So guys once again HELP!!!!

Best Regards
Old 6th December 2009, 22:01   #2
Senior - BHPian

If boot space is not a concern, and if u want a trouble free and reliable engine, i would say, the Vista QUADRAJET anyday over the TDi/DICOR.
Old 6th December 2009, 22:03   #3
Senior - BHPian

Go for Indigo CS excellent rear seat comfort. Though i own a VISTA and didnot find it really comfy drive especially for rear passengers.
Old 7th December 2009, 00:34   #4
Senior - BHPian

your requirements spell out indigo CS TDI. the only thing that might have pointed to the vista would have been the rear seat, but since you dont like it much either, indigo CS TDI it is.
Yes, the 1.4 dicor block is not too popular
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ent-wrong.html
Old 7th December 2009, 07:38   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedised View Post
Go for Indigo CS excellent rear seat comfort. Though i own a VISTA and didnot find it really comfy drive especially for rear passengers.
Thanks Mate!,
rear seat comfort is a big issue here, I already own a Swift VXI, but I cannot sit comfertably in the rear seat. If that was not an issue in swift i would have gone for Swift VDI.

BTW: Is the rear seating of Dzire is same as Swift. ANYONE?
Old 7th December 2009, 09:29   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyjagga View Post
Need TATA because my budget will not allow more than 5L (+/- 15K), and the car will be chauffer driven(90% of the time).

CONFUSION/ISSUE/DOUBT: The saled guy at TATA told me Dicor does not sell in good number as TDI Indigo does.
Now after this choice a serious delibration between Indigo and Quadra Vista. I am more inclined towards sedan looks (More professional I guess!), Keeping in mind I intend to have it chauffer driven.

Some dealerships claim that Tata has stopped production of the Dicor-engined Indica/Indigo variants completely. Its now just the petrol engines/TDI/Quadrajet. Apparently even the turbo-Indica is said to have been stopped with just the DLS variant being sold.

From your requirement, either the Vista Quadrajet or the Indigo CS TDI will suit nicely.
Old 7th December 2009, 10:43   #7
BHPian

Stay away from DICOR. You can go for TDI in Indigo CS or Vista. As the car will be driven by chaffaeur,driving pleasure is not the main concern.But TDI will have minor niggles in long run and is not that efficient when compared to Quadrajet.As quadrajet is not very highly priced I suggest a quadrajet for the reliability and efficiency.
Indigo CS has a independent suspension at the rear and Vista has a semi-independent trailing link suspension.That means you need to align the rear wheels also for a Indigo CS whereas its not required for Vista.Maintenance will be slightly less in a Vista regarding suspension. Well frankly I didnot feel much of a ride quality difference between the two cars at the rear seat.(My perception) Infact I feel that the Vista is a better bet for rear seat comfort because its very spacious,three persons can easily sit in Vista on the rear bench whereas in Indigo CS 3 persons causes shoulder overlap. Indigo should be an option if you really need the dickey. I also feel that the Vista is a better built car compared to Indigo CS.
PS:I personally own a Vista TDI ,you could ask me more questions on the same if you have any.I would be more than glad to help you.

Last edited by amit_purohit20 : 7th December 2009 at 10:49.
Old 7th December 2009, 11:06   #8
Senior - BHPian

+1 to what amit_purohit20 have written - when I was in market for a car, i compared between Indigo CS and Vista TDi, and felt that Vista have more room and offer better back seat comfort.
I chose Vista TDi over the Indigo CS (and over Vista QDJ).

Since your car will be chauffer driven, Vista TDi is a good option.
Old 7th December 2009, 11:16   #9
Senior - BHPian

Go for Indica Vista QJD aura, it now has even more improved rear seat comfort with better cushioning, this is applicable to all cars manufactured from november.

How to spot this model? This car has new stereo, which looks lke the manza's and comes WITHOUT USB/ aux-in jack, just a single CD/ MP3 player.

Moreover, the Vista's rear seat is wider and the angle of inclination is better than the Indigo CS. And, anyday, if you want the QJD, that is the engine to go for. Torquey, efficient, refined and low on maintenance.

Indigo CS, yes, its decent, but if you can afford a newer platform car, why spend money on a 7 year old platform?

Avoid the DiCOR option, which comes in Indigo CS. It has inherent fuel pump issues which will drive you back crazy with multiple workshop visits.

My choice: Vista QJD aura.
Old 7th December 2009, 14:56   #10
BHPian

Indigo TDI / Vista Quad Aura

so far so good!
I am convinced that i should not opt for DICOR. Thanks guys!
Now between vista quad and indigo TDI, i need more arguments guys! The car will have anual running of 15-20K. And i would like it to be trouble free for first few years. I don't care for torque, I have cars to satisfy that hunger.but what i want to know that for about 20K price diff. With TDI Indigo, is vista quad that good of a deal
Old 7th December 2009, 15:02   #11
BHPian

Vista Quadrajet is what you want, the engine is infinitely more refined!
Old 7th December 2009, 15:06   #12
Senior - BHPian

All these arguments above are those from the owner/driver's point of view
If you want the car as an official/semi-official vehicle, nothing better than a sedan. somehow a hatch doesnt make much sense. Even i tried to reason dad into buying a vista for the office, but after buying a CS TDI, even i have to agree that it carries off the role far better than a hatch could . If you are going to be in the rear seat, it won't make a big difference.
Old 7th December 2009, 15:10   #13
BHPian

thanks for the input mate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
All these arguments above are those from the owner/driver's point of view
If you want the car as an official/semi-official vehicle, nothing better than a sedan. somehow a hatch doesnt make much sense. Even i tried to reason dad into buying a vista for the office, but after buying a CS TDI, even i have to agree that it carries off the role far better than a hatch could . If you are going to be in the rear seat, it won't make a big difference.
So you would agree that your decision to buy TDI Indigo was more economical and with comfort added bonus, as compared to buying a vista

So you
Old 7th December 2009, 16:53   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

I agree to what DRIV3R said here, If you dont want a boot go for Vista with your eyes closed. The Vista is a generation ahead of the CS which is essentially a older gen Indica with a small boot tucked in. Everything from suspension to chassis to engine to everything in Vista is a generation ahead of the CS.

The Quadrajet engine is a gem developed by Fiat and has proved itself Swift, Palio and Punto as well. Its a gem compared to antique TDi engine developed by Tata.

Avoid the DICOR engine at all costs, several unreliability issues have been reported over time, Apart from a flatter torque curve dont expect much from this engine.
Old 7th December 2009, 16:59   #15
Senior - BHPian

economy - both cars seem to be similar ( except for the quadrajet fuel filter , which is a bit expensive)

I was talking about the image bit. Somehow a hatch cant fill the shoes of an 'official car'

Most Viewed