Team-BHP > What Car?

Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2010, 11:25   #16
Senior - BHPian

Trust me buddy, GM Sucks in RESALE !! Pardon me repeating the same, GM SUCKS BIGTIME in RESALE.

You'll be cursing yourself down the line while reselling after 5 years or so. Don't even think of reselling it within 5 years. Why I am stressing so much on re-sale, I have just under-gone selling my 5.5 years old optra. I was shocked to hear the prices being offered and depreciation hit taken for the 5.5 years span. If i had picked up a jap or worst tata, it might also not had taken that much hit !!

However, if diesel is the concern, sedan is the requirement and budget is around 13-14 lakhs then I would sugest to pickup a Laura. though a few niggles are there in A.S.S. but still it can be manageable.
Old 22nd January 2010, 11:58   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashthedivx View Post
Trust me buddy, GM Sucks in RESALE !! Pardon me repeating the same, GM SUCKS BIGTIME in RESALE.

You'll be cursing yourself down the line while reselling after 5 years or so. Don't even think of reselling it within 5 years. Why I am stressing so much on re-sale, I have just under-gone selling my 5.5 years old optra. I was shocked to hear the prices being offered and depreciation hit taken for the 5.5 years span. If i had picked up a jap or worst tata, it might also not had taken that much hit !!

However, if diesel is the concern, sedan is the requirement and budget is around 13-14 lakhs then I would sugest to pickup a Laura. though a few niggles are there in A.S.S. but still it can be manageable.

forget resale man ...

You get a 5 yr olf honda accord V6 automatic for just 7-8L , Yes you heard it right !! NON ACCIDENTED !!

Atleast after 5 yrs you will get 2.5 - 3L for cruze so do the calculations and see which depreciated more !!!
Old 22nd January 2010, 12:02   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashthedivx View Post

I don't think that Cruze is a bad choice. Infact, its the best car in that segment now. My friend has a Civic and he's planning to sell it and buy a Cruze!
About the resale value, Cruze will surely retain its value than an Optra. If Optra doesn't have good resale value, its not because its a GM product. Cruze is a diesel and its selling well in the market so, resale won't be a problem.
Old 25th January 2010, 11:25   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand123 View Post
I don't think that Cruze is a bad choice. Infact, its the best car in that segment now. My friend has a Civic and he's planning to sell it and buy a Cruze!
About the resale value, Cruze will surely retain its value than an Optra. If Optra doesn't have good resale value, its not because its a GM product. Cruze is a diesel and its selling well in the market so, resale won't be a problem.
I agree with the Sales. I'm going to use it for 6-7 years so no resale thought until then.
Thanks all for your suggestion.
Old 25th January 2010, 14:02   #20
BHPian

Fellow BHPians,

Need assistance again after reading this topic.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...review-23.html

IS THAT TRUE??????
Old 6th March 2010, 18:52   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pradeep2612 View Post
Fellow BHPians,

Need assistance again after reading this topic.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...review-23.html

IS THAT TRUE??????

What is your question about? Is what true? You have just put a link to the chevy beat ownership thread.
Old 11th March 2010, 00:40   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suv100 View Post
What is your question about? Is what true? You have just put a link to the chevy beat ownership thread.
Wanted to know the Resale value would fall this low?????
Any how it does not matter anymore As I have purchased a Cruze.
Old 11th March 2010, 09:58   #23
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)

id still say consider the laura - lovely car.
and before you decide, (depending on where you live) go and visit both Tafe Access and Vinayak Cars and talk to the guys there. It always helps to have friends in the dealerships and in the service centres.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pradeep2612 View Post
One of my choice was the SKODA. After going through TBHP and the reviews for SKODA (SALES AND A.S.S) decided to back off.
Old 30th March 2010, 14:26   #24
BHPian

He has 'purchased' the vehicle already guys...so let him be. Good choice mate..drove one Cruze recently, it's amazing VFM !!!

Most Viewed