Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2010, 14:18   #1
Senior - BHPian

Chevy Spark

Hi I am looking for a nice B segment car for my father, who will be driving for another 2 -3 years before hanging up the boots. Please suggest a nice little car in 4-5 lakh Bracket. He is more inclined towards Chevy Spark because of the 3 year Maintenance Free Scheme as told by the dealer. Is that scheme really of use.

He has to go for petrol as the driving will be less, with few occassional Highway trips. Other cars are Swift, Wagon R. My Personal opinion is away form Huyndai Products.
Old 29th January 2010, 14:24   #2
Senior - BHPian

If the budget is for 4-5L then why not the new Chevy Beat. Nice look and good to drive.One step ahead of chevy and your dad will get the same free scheme
OR
As per your interest he can go for i10-coolest engine in that segment.
Old 29th January 2010, 14:25   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
Hi I am looking for a nice B segment car for my father, who will be driving for another 2 -3 years before hanging up the boots. Please suggest a nice little car in 4-5 lakh Bracket. He is more inclined towards Chevy Spark because of the 3 year Maintenance Free Scheme as told by the dealer. Is that scheme really of use.

He has to go for petrol as the driving will be less, with few occassional Highway trips. Other cars are Swift, Wagon R. My Personal opinion is away form Huyndai Products.
As an owner of a Chevy Spark I can tell you that the 3 year maintenance plan works as advertised. Everything is covered including consumables, parts and even wheel balancing. GM service is pretty good and I got my AC fan resistor changed under warranty without any problems under warranty. The FE is good, I am getting 13-14 in city and about 17-18 on highways.The car is quite a charm to drive in city traffic and is quite good on highways too. I regularly do Pune-Mumbai runs every month and cant say that the little Spark has disappointed me in any way. Though I would say that the Swift is a better highway car.
Old 29th January 2010, 14:26   #4
Senior - BHPian

Go for It - Reviews are good on TBHP..and I'm thinking about it. GO FOR IT.
Old 29th January 2010, 14:28   #5
Senior - BHPian

This is had been discussed in various threads in this section. Please search the forum & post query in an appropriate thread.

Thread Closed
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks