Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2010, 15:28   #16
BHPian

So help me understand. if you pay in full in advance, will you still have to pay the extra excise duty if the car has not gone for registration on the day of hike?
Old 18th February 2010, 08:13   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamkapilb View Post
So help me understand. if you pay in full in advance, will you still have to pay the extra excise duty if the car has not gone for registration on the day of hike?
Paying in advance right now still doesn't guarantee you the car any quicker or any cheaper. Say the car is for 6L right now but before your take your delivery, cost for any reason increases to 7L, you'll have to pay the balance amount at the time of delivery. Every dealer mentions that the prices will be applicable at the time of car delivery. The reverse is also true. One friend last year had booked a Dzire & paid in full; he got cash back after some cost reduction happened before its delivery!!
Old 18th February 2010, 08:56   #18
BANNED

I have different take on this.

1.Lets assume the car manufacturer is decided to hike the prices from 1 April 2010 onwards. (is that mean cars which is producing after 1st April 2010 applicable for a hike)

2. You have booked the car now buy paying a token advance for e.g Rs.10000/-

3. Your car delivered to you on 1st April 2010 or later.

4. But the production date of the car is before 1st April.

Do you still need to pay the hiked prices.. I don't think so as your car has been produced before the date which hike got effective.
Old 19th February 2010, 08:52   #19
BHPian

I know! Its all all very tricky though. Like i said, a friend got money back with his Dzire when the prices actually came down during delivery. On the other hand, i remember an episode of Car & Bike Show when they announced the increase in prices of Honda CR-V & ANHC & the Honda exec said they'd be applicable immediately. I don't really think the manufacturing date makes any difference (unless its last year's car & the fellow's trying to offload it to you). The info sheet i have clearly states - "Prices prevailing at the time of delivery will be applicable"
May i'm being pessimistic, maybe i'm just trying to be prepared since i've booked the car

UPDATE: Got news through a relative that Continental Hyundai was trying to dump a 2009 i20 for discounts of 30000+ & freebies for 15k! Apparently the salesguy already knew i'd booked the car & was trying to make me a deal I can't refuse.. or maybe he was trying to pull one over my cousin. Please note that i do not know the month of manufacture , neither do i intend to follow-up on this
Old 22nd February 2010, 03:28   #20
BHPian

I am also in the process of booking i20. The sales rep says the Hyundai increased the price (Asta CRDi) by 7000 already. Tax hike in budget is still not known. He says if they can invoice by tomorrow by paying 1L I can get it for old price. He also says this amount is refundable if I cancel the booking. Can I cancel the booking after invoicing?

He is offering Garware film (dont know the details) +mudflap+mats.
Old 22nd February 2010, 21:26   #21
BHPian

There's some great news!
Just called my dealer today & he gave me the chassis & engine number. Asked me to complete the financial formalities to take delivery within a week or so!
But, the best part is, I've avoided the excise hike altogether since the car has already been alloted!! Couldn't have been happier. Family asked me to wait till the end of my younger brother's exams & still later tried to convince me to wait to take delivery on Gudi Padwa (15-March), though a little help from the family 'pundit' convinced t8hem that 3rd is a great date too! I can't imagine what an agony it would've been had i been forced to wait for 3 weeks!
This is the first buy i'm handling & needed a little help on this. He's asked for the full payment before delivery & is not really offering the chance to do a PDI in Mumbai. Said i'll have to go to Panvel (which isn't possible with my schedule) & tried to reassure me that the car is going to be perfect on delivery. Can i withhold a certain amount, say 1L, & pay by DD (as good as cash) on the date of delivery after inspecting the car according to the Team-bhp PDI list?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpzone View Post
I am also in the process of booking i20. The sales rep says the Hyundai increased the price (Asta CRDi) by 7000 already. Tax hike in budget is still not known. He says if they can invoice by tomorrow by paying 1L I can get it for old price. He also says this amount is refundable if I cancel the booking. Can I cancel the booking after invoicing?

He is offering Garware film (dont know the details) +mudflap+mats.
Hindustan Times carried an article the other day regarding the expected increase in excise duties that the government may employ since the recession is practically over. It may be to the tune of 4% by conservative estimates.
You can definitely cancel the booking but please be very sure that they have a full-refund policy. The brochure from Jayabharat Hyundai clearly stated cancellation charges of Rs.2500. Secondly, I'm a little confused regarding the price hike rules too. My dealer just told me once the car has left the factory, excise changes don't apply; however, you may still have to bear octroi increases if your car hasn't yet crossed city lines.
As far as i know, he'll have to know the car details (engine no. etc) to make an invoice. But, this will only guarantee you safety against price increases the company makes. Once again, you really should try to speak to a couple of sources regarding this, the entire situation is difficult to decipher

Thanks to the forum, especially flyingspur's threads, I realized 3M is a much better option than Garware which was the option provided by my dealer too. I think you should still try for a car cover + flaps + mats
Old 25th February 2010, 15:28   #22
BHPian

URGENT advice needed

Just got off the phone with my dealer. He said that he has full beige seatcovers for the i20 for Rs.6500 & they have a usual package of teflon + anti rust treament for Rs.7800. But, since he's trying to make monthly targets, he's offering me all three for just Rs. 7500 !!
I asked him about sumfilms & he said he's still ONLY offering Garware for 6k. He then went on & on about how Garware give much better service in the long run.
Off all the things in the package, all i'm really interested in is the seat covers. But, i think if i bargain with the sunfilms, i might be able to get a better deal overall.

1. So, should i go in the teflon+antirust+seatcover package of 7500?
2. Should i settle for garware instead of 3M which was my first choice?

Need an answer urgently as i need to get back to him by tomorrow. The bank holidays are already delaying proceedings & my family is hell-bent on taking delivery on the 3rd.
Old 25th February 2010, 16:07   #23
BHPian

My dealer in Bangalore says that i20 comes with first anti rust coating.

Don't know if he is taking me for a ride.

Cheers

Manu
Old 25th February 2010, 20:16   #24
BHPian

Musicmaker23 - I have garware icecool shield on both my cars (i10 and city ) and its pretty good. Hyundai aircons are also on the more powerful side so dont worry on the cooling front.

I agree that HMP sales sucks. I cancelled my booking with them as they almost tried to slip though old stock of cars.
Went with Jaybharat .
I got 30K discount for Dec 16 2009 manufactured i10 Auto for purchase in January 2010.

Last edited by manishkapadia : 25th February 2010 at 20:19.
Old 25th February 2010, 20:37   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicmaker23 View Post
Just got off the phone with my dealer. He said that he has full beige seatcovers for the i20 for Rs.6500 & they have a usual package of teflon + anti rust treament for Rs.7800. But, since he's trying to make monthly targets, he's offering me all three for just Rs. 7500 !!
I asked him about sumfilms & he said he's still ONLY offering Garware for 6k. He then went on & on about how Garware give much better service in the long run.
Off all the things in the package, all i'm really interested in is the seat covers. But, i think if i bargain with the sunfilms, i might be able to get a better deal overall.

1. So, should i go in the teflon+antirust+seatcover package of 7500?
2. Should i settle for garware instead of 3M which was my first choice?

Need an answer urgently as i need to get back to him by tomorrow. The bank holidays are already delaying proceedings & my family is hell-bent on taking delivery on the 3rd.
garware @ 6k is very expensive. You can get it done for max 5k in a car ax shop
Old 25th February 2010, 20:39   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishkapadia View Post
Musicmaker23 - I have garware icecool shield on both my cars (i10 and city ) and its pretty good. Hyundai aircons are also on the more powerful side so dont worry on the cooling front.

I agree that HMP sales sucks. I cancelled my booking with them as they almost tried to slip though old stock of cars.
Went with Jaybharat .
I got 30K discount for Dec 16 2009 manufactured i10 Auto for purchase in January 2010.
HMP was a pain to deal with. Who did you deal with at Jayabharat?
You're a very lucky man to get such a hefty discount. Was being offered nothing in comparison
Can you lemme know about the tint of your films, the colour, heat rejection etc. Jayabharat asked for 6k, but got a quote for 2.8k from some authorized distributor!!

Last edited by Musicmaker23 : 25th February 2010 at 20:41.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks